Stephanie Yeboah #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She knows she’s a knob on Twitter because she’s made it so that her Twitter profile is actually quite hard to find

Reactions: 2
Anyone notice how she’s been making it a point to mention sizing in her posts lately? Like I know she’s done it before but in her story where she went to try on Abercrombie stuff I had the impression she was almost boasting about the fact she was wearing a size 18 in the shorts? Like she’s very obviously actively trying to lose weight (her gym stories are getting a little tiring) and I find it so hypocritical of her. Good on her for wanting to lose weight but a few months ago she’s complained about certain plus size influencers losing weight and turning their back to the community and now she’s doing the exact same thing. She’s been wearing more straight size brands as well and it’s just becoming so annoying how she’s trying to be subtle-but-not.

Reactions: 7
She pulled a Poppy Adams and sent her crusty boyfriend a t shirt covered in her selfies. Cringe!!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
She pulled a Poppy Adams and sent her crusty boyfriend a t shirt covered in her selfies. Cringe!!!
Now she’s saying she might get one for herself too! Imagine walking round in a T-shirt covered with your own face. I’m embarrassed for her!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Totally missed it!

Her biggest blind spot with her career is not playing the game - people like Danie Vanier and Felicity Hayward aren’t controversial or confrontational on their social media channels.

Reactions: 5
Totally missed it!

Her biggest blind spot with her career is not playing the game - people like Danie Vanier and Felicity Hayward aren’t controversial or confrontational on their social media channels.
I completely agree. She has a really off putting way of phrasing things. When she’s talked about ASOS in the past it comes across as she feels she is almost entitled to design a collection/ collaborate with them. And the whole “woe is me” thing she does when she’s not asked to join in with something is ridiculous. I think she’s forgotten that she’s previously said she wouldn’t be promoting ASOS etc after feeling “ignored” by them in the past, yet here we are again!

Reactions: 9
deffo some delusions of grandeur or whatever going on there. Is she really that popular or well known, for anything positive?

I know I sound like a broken record but it’s down to how negative she is on Twitter - everything is a dig

The problem is, if you want to be a successful influencer (on the brands/money side at least) you need to be quite neutral and non-controversial because you’re essentially a walking billboard, and brands aren’t going to want to pay you to promote them if you’re often wading into controversy/negativity. The most successful influencers never say anything too shocking or start beef, they just keep it neutral and collect their coin.

But of course audiences want you to be authentic and real, so you have to balance the line between staying neutral for brands while still seeming like an actual person your followers know. Steph isn’t good at it. But she’s been doing it long enough now that she should know where she’s going wrong.

Reactions: 7
I find it strange that she still talks about buying things in “size fat” when she looks so much smaller now to me? From her stories today it looks like she could fit into straight size clothing.
IMG_7236.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 8