Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Veganarchist

Wow he looks really unwell and also much older than his years. It’s sad and scary. They need to address his health issues in a more realistic way. Maybe he needs a full time nurse?! Like an actual nurse not Hannah or her mum!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Check out the latest IG post under Shane, it is awful. Not only does he praise Hannah like she is a goddess, but they minimize caregiving, making everyone who is actually a caregiver feel like they aren't as good as them, because Hannah is just so good at it and all she has to do is brush his teeth and feed him mashed potatoes, which we all know he can't eat. It's insulting!!
I have been a 'lurker' on S and G's thread for some time. I even felt bad doing Internet searches to see if anyone else had niggling feelings about these two. However these niggling feelings led me to Tattle Life. I was content to read comments but never to post my feelings That is until today's IG post.

Having previously been a social work manager in a Disabled Childrens Team, I was so angry at Shane's minimisation of the caregiving role. Let me tell you, I had carers who developed physical and mental ill-heath issues such was the toll that being a caregiver had on them. Physiological issues such as chronic lower back pain due to lifting, high blood pressure because of stress etc were common. Low mood, anxiety and depression also featured. These were parents/family members caring for children with very severe disabilities which demanded a high level of care. Without the respite break care packages they had, I have no doubt many of these carers would have had total breakdowns.

So to read Shane's account of what he perceives it is like for Hannah to be a caregiver to him just made me so angr
y. It shows no insight whatsoever and proves to me that they have no interest in being truthful to their 'fans' what having such severe disabilities entails and the toll it can take on those caring for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

RachRN86

VIP Member
If he was my patient I would be considering raising a safeguarding for self neglect and inappropriate care. He clearly needs more care than he is getting. Possibly a feeding tube if he is no longer able to swallow. He needs a speech and language assessment to help keep him safe from aspiration pneumonia. Is he getting proper pressure area care? Is his skin healthy. So many issues

• Heart
Reactions: 23

boredawn

It's bloody ridiculous how much I let these two infuriate me, but sometimes I can't help it because of how blatant their embellishments are.

For example, on their most recent video they play a version of Mr and Mrs where they rate who is more competent in different areas

A question comes up about who is the better cook, who is the better driver etc. Both times they answer Shane.

Can someone tell me how they come to the conclusion that Shane, who sadly has lacked the capacity to even turn on a fricken cooker during his lifetime, is the better cook?!? Fine, if you want to stroke Shane's ego in private by egging him on, go for it, but don't piss in my cup and tell me its whiskey!!!
I literally find it insulting to our intelligence that they say this stuff our loud... and they most mental thing is their followers actually take it in. His ego must be incredibly fragile if they feel the need to augment reality to such an extent. He must be an absolute nightmare to live with - nobody so outwardly needy would be pleasent company.

I think I need a break from their existence, I can't believe I give them the space in my brain, but it just grinds my gears so much that they can make up such fantasy and then throw out accusations of being a bigot to anyone who dares challenge them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

SmallWonder

VIP Member
S and G Vlogmas is here- one video everyday until December 25th. Get ready for cheap ass and boob shots, gurgling, camera filters, Hello Fresh Ads, fake laughter and more. I want no holds barred shit talking of S and G from each and every one of you EVERY DAY 😄 ! Will Shane slide down an icy non ADA compliant mansion ramp? Will Hannah finally get a gift of clothing with sleeves? Will either of them bathe again? Only time will tell. Happy Holidays to my favorite forum!

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Strange

Also, I would have no problem with Shane if he was just a disabled vlogger, living his life. It's calling himself and her an advocate what gets my gears going. It's a lie. They don't do any advocating for disabled people nor do they tackle the problems we face etc. Nor do they help anyone. Like what has going out for a meal have anything to do with disability advocating?

The channel needs a rebrand. "A disabled guy living his dreams in a mansion" There. I wouldn't have no problems with it.

But they set themselves as the voice of the disabled, yet say very little. Have they ever pulled attention to news or petitions? Have they discussed something like free health care for all would make disabled peoples lives in the US, a thousand times better? I mean, they Don't even discuss disabled people of the past. Or another idea, they could do something a bit different and research Shane's equipment that keeps him alive and see who made it and what their story is about. Some people who created things that make lives so much easier were often inspired by loved ones. I would happily watch that. Or even just talk about things that are frustrating?! Like I could do 20 video special on all the things that piss me off when I'm back on crutches and non weight bearing. "Dropped something on the floor, it now lives there due to it taking 10 minutes to fix and I cannot be arsed, I'm saving energy for when I need to go upstairs for a wee" Or "I'm only making one trip to the fridge today so I'm stuffing everything that can fit into my pocket". Why can't they just be honest or real?

Also, Hannah needs to zip, she may be a carer, but she is not disabled and therefore cannot speak as one of us. You can empathise, but you can never truly know. (And even then, I only know what it's like to exist in my disabled body, I haven't got an clue what it's like to live in yours). And before rambling on a point that truly says nothing of merit, perhaps they can point out we're individuals who will differ. One person cannot speak for all.

It just fumes me that they could do so much good, but Shane ego is too fragile and large to even be honest.

• Heart

DoubleOld

VIP Member
I don’t think Shane is intelligent as he makes out to be tbh I think he’s very good at manipulating people though! I think his intelligence is average ..as is writing is it’s not that creative or intelligent or even funny he has to bring others down in his books to know himself look good
About bringing others down...The first time he met Hannah and she bent down to kiss her he told her she had bad breath. Then, after she kissed him, he told her she kissed like a kitten (meant as an insult). Then in their first video when she was contorting herself to kiss him he told her her chin was too big. And in another video he made her stand up, turn her back (ahem, ass) to him and then went "ewwww." Hannah has also mentioned that Shane has said he "hates" her feet because her toes are "too long." I could give more examples but I think I've made my point. It's not just other disabled people he needs to put down. Except he has never insulted Liz. Hmmmmm......

• Wow
  • Angry

jolleee

You have to be pure evil to stop a sick child getting money for their treatment hannah you’re sick in the head!
I literally just donated 100 bucks to a donations page for a 16 yo with SMA after reading this. Felt like I needed to wash the evil out of me just reading of Hannah doing that. She has everything and flaunts her figure next to Shane’s body which the SMA disease has brutalised in front of our own eyes how dare she deny a little girl whose family declares she suffers. SMA is relentless and punishing . These people are dangerous with their message that SMA doesn’t cause suffering !!!

• Heart
Back when they had baby fever. Holy crap Shane looks 10 years younger here and he can actually move his neck around
Hannah's forced fake open mouth laugh whenever Shane speaks reminds me of these "women eating salad while laughing" memes lmao. She reminds me of a stock photo. Always looks so artificial and forced. The way she inhales and wheezes whenever Shane makes a "joke" makes it seem like she's doing it out of sympathy for a poor little sick kid. There's no way she finds him funny or else her laugh would be genuine for once

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 20

dummyhead

MEGA Q&A video (a few paraphrased answers I wrote down while listening on 1.5 x speed..lol)

Q: What fashion trend predictions do you make for 2022?
A: We are not the people to be asking. We’re both wearing sweatpants. We do not follow fashion trends, as I’m sure you’ve noticed. (Shane) I think wide pants are making a comeback.

Q: Best memory of 2021 (non-wedding related)?
A: (Shane) Being surprised by family visiting for his birthday.
(Hannah) Florida vacation in Feb 2021.

Q: All-time favorite books?
A: (Hannah) I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
(Shane) The Goldfinch or Catcher in the Rye

Q: New Year’s Resolutions?
A: (Shane) Hydrate better.
(Hannah) Learn to play piano.

Q: If you were a character from The Office, who would you be?
A: (Hannah) Stanley, because he doesn’t socialize
(Shane) Creed, because of his off-the-wall humor

Q: Does SMA cause chronic pain for Shane? (17:00)
A: SMA doesn’t cause pain directly. I am not in pain right now, but if pressure sores happen and things like that will happen and cause pain on an ongoing basis.

Q: Why did you decide to live with Hannah’s parents? (19:00)
A: We were over eating dinner at their house almost every day. Since we are preparing to have kids (maybe this coming year), we wanted to live closer to them. It makes financial sense for us all to share a house. We have separate wings.

(They aren’t sure if they’ll include their future children in their videos, but they have talked about the subject a lot.)

At around the 31:00 - 32:00 mark Hannah expresses annoyance towards their audience for never asking how Shane manages self-care, even though she is always asked how she manages it as his care-giver. You’d think they’d want to know, “how does he deal with me?” She says and they laugh. “Trust me, I could write a book” Shane says, but doesn’t elaborate.

Q: How do you deal with the power dynamics of a caregiver/disabled relationship? (35:00)
A: (Hannah) Shane is quite forceful, so it hasn’t really been an issue. Sometimes I will suggest something I think he should do (not drink another beer, or wear a coat outside), but if Shane doesn’t agree he automatically wins.
(Shane) If she forced a coat onto me that would be a very bad thing. Hannah has never forced her will on me that way. It wouldn’t work, because then I wouldn’t have autonomy.

^ This was interesting and I am glad they talked about it. They also talked about mistakes that happen in caregiving, and how they deal with it through humor.

Q: What is difficult about adulting?
A: Hannah’s answer supports the possibility she might be on the spectrum, as she says she doesn’t have the energy or time management skills to do household maintenance and other projects she’d like to do around the house.

I left out some of the Qs&As, but that’s most of it...

I found this thread after they bought their mansion, because I thought it was weird how much they complained about finances not long before that and I felt a bit duped since I live below the poverty line and am disabled myself. I’m not convinced they’re conscious liars/con-artists, but perhaps a bit entitled and lack self-awareness generally? Hard to say for sure, though.

I do think they would come across better if they focused 80% of their comments directly in response to fans in a grateful and positive way, and only 20% MAXIMUM complaining about their “haters.” 🙃

They have so much to be grateful for because of their supportive fanbase, and it would make sense for them to focus on appreciation.

I’m autistic, and it wouldn’t surprise me if you guys are right about that theory of Hannah maybe being on the spectrum (I do think their relationship is real, though). Having had a long-term long distance relationship myself, with another aspie who isn’t disabled the way I am, their story was always relatable to me so I found it plausible honestly... Writing/texting is always an easier way for me to get to know people (none of those pesky non-verbal communication signals lol). And to speculate about their relationship, I would guess Shane is the one who has the stronger emotional skillset and that Hannah relies upon it to help her regulate. But who really knows... They don’t get that vulnerable on YouTube.

And I appreciate reading the other theories. Lol.

Thank you all for entertaining me during this stressful year. 😆🤣

Happy New Year! 🥳

(I’ll go back to enjoying lurking now.)

• Heart
  • Sick

Jbogie

Chatty Member
Shane and Hannah begin the latest video by scolding a commenter for saying she hasn’t looked beautiful lately. They then go on to describe their nightmare Thanksgiving day, which occurred while they were on the road. Long story short- they ended up at Applebees. Hannah ordered lemonade and Shane ordered a blue moon beer. The poor waitress didn’t understand him and looked to Hannah for clarification (which infuriates Shane) and Hannah clarified what he ordered. The waitress laughed because she presumably thought he was a kid. She goes along with it and asks him 16 or 22? She meant ounces. He thought it was a snide remark about his age. He said he was infuriated. The rest of the story is a bore but I found the beer/age confusion interesting.

Why would he be infuriated? He’s the size of a 6 year old. That’s not news to him! He references himself as baby Shane or toddler Shane all the time. His supposed life’s work is to shine a light on disability and advocate for rights and acceptance. Why not use it as a teaching moment and kindly hand over your ID? Instead, his fragile little ego becomes infuriated at the insinuation that he’s not old enough to drink? This lady has a job to do and serving minors alcohol puts her job and the establishment at risk. People get ID’d everyday. I got ID’d until I was 35. I think it’s these seemingly innocuous confessions that show what an entitled, primo prick he really is.

• Heart

SmallWonder

VIP Member
1638804310719.png

The restaurant they went to for Thanksgiving was the chain steakhouse called Texas Roadhouse- I love and know chain restaurants like the back of my hand and could tell by the labeling of the strawberry lemonade cup and the interior decor 😆! The food is delicious there and these smug elitist fucks S and G are probably so used to prix fixe menus and candlelit dinners entirely funded by charity donations that they are ungrateful and scoff at perfectly good restaurants. The restaurant had a bad night in terms of shrimp quality control and was understaffed on Thanksgiving- the waitress offered to get her a new meal and Hannah refused and instead decided to vlog and complaint about it like all influencers do these days. This picture sums up their smug "new money" attitudes perfectly- they took that photo of their disappointed faces before they were even served their meals at the restaurant as evidenced by the sealed table settings. Money can't buy manners or class.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 19

Clara88

Here’s Shanes gag inducing IG post for anyone who wants to read it. Shane sure does have a “burden” complex. I’ve never noticed how often he speaks for Hannah but he does it a lot. He makes it seem like he just needs assistance for a couple of annoyingly difficult tasks like brushing his teeth and getting dressed. Other than that, he’s good to go. Right.
It's really not Shane's place to talk about what caregiving means for Hannah and whether or not it's a burden. He has no clue what it's like to care for someone around the clock and needs to stop speaking for her. Whenever he talks about caregiving, the insecurity and lack of self awareness comes pouring out. He's lucky he found such a weirdo with no sense of self and weird devotee/obsessive shit going on; Hannah is nothing like a regular person. Truly, she is one in a million and not in a good way. One day she might wake up and realize how many years she wasted on an arrogant, demanding a-hole with no respect for her.

• Heart

boredawn

I have left 3 comments on their videos over maybe the past two months - obviously not gushing fan posts, but wee sarcastic comments.

They have replied to every. single. one.
Its fucking hilarious. They must spend all day, every day...replying to people who don't blow smoke up their bumholes. Talk about living rent free in someone's head!!! If the negative feedback didn't bother them then they just wouldn't engage, but clearly they can't help themselves. Now we know what Shane really spends his '90 hour work week" on.

• Haha
  • Heart

DoubleOld

VIP Member
This is wonderful, lots of rich resources here, thank you for sharing. This is the kind of interesting content S&G could spend their time collating!

Does he not need some kind of proper neck support? Some kind of foam cushion thing at least? It seems so weird they let his head bobble around and rely on saint Hannah to manually prop it up?!?

Yeah they’re so evasive. Clickbait titles and no substance to back it up, so dull and eventually people get tired of it.

The arm is surely to help him with all the hot sex they have 🤣🤣

Agree. They are just horrible people. Someone needs to tell them that not every criticism or comment or event that doesn’t go their exact way or make them feel amazing is ableist. You can be disabled and still be a jerk! Pointing that out does not immediately mean there’s ableism (though I don’t want to minimise the ableism that people do really experience).
The way you phrased it, @Veganarchist, tipped off something in my head. They do not want to be treated the same as someone who is not disabled. (I use 'they' because Hannah has merged herself into Shane). They want to be treated as celebrities or royalty with people fawning all over them, making their experiences superior to any abled person and if sh*t happens - as it always does in life - it's always because other people are "ableists." Even if S&G are at fault, like not planning in time or leaving details out, it's still the same whining and complaining about no one caring about disabled people.

So yesterday I got a call from my town library saying that a book I had ordered had come in. I went ALL the way to the library and turns out it was the wrong book. Obviously, those librarians are a bunch of anti-Semites who did it on purpose and I'm going to start my own youtube channel about it. After I call the local tv station and the anti-defammation league. And if anybody on this thread disagrees with me, we will all know the REAL reason why.

😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Dbledutchs

He's just a jerk in a wheelchair really. I think just a spoiled little toddler who refuses to take care of himself. I don't get it.
Maybe the channel will die out as they do other things, because it's not helping anyone, except hello fresh.

• Heart

Tilly Kister

VIP Member
Lol check the comments on Shane's latest IG post about the international day of people with disabilities. He wrote one of his usual complainy and whiny essays, this time about how he had no positive disabled role models growing up (the irony... as if HE is a good role model for disabled kids) and a woman commented "Stephen Hawking" and all the S&G fans came screaming out of the woodwork. Everyone's attacking that woman for bringing up Stephen Hawking because he wasn't born disabled and therefore cannot be a positive role model for disabled kids (wtf?????) or that nobody knew who he was back then (a lie). Shane then responds with a snarky comment (shocking) saying he didn't fancy becoming an astrophysicist when he was a kid.What's wrong with these people? When someone is famous with a disability it's not good enough for his lordship, he's the only famous disabled person who matters and he's the best role model on earth apparently. Unbelievable

Clown shoes would suit him better considering he's a professional one for a living 🤣
Oh he wants authors? I'll give him authors!
I don't have Instagram but someone needs to go and comment Christy Brown (My Left Foot) , Helen Keller, John Milton ( who was blind long before braille was invented and yet managed to write Paradise Lost) and Laura Hillenbrand, the bedridden author of Seabiscuit. Two of the three famed Bronte sisters, Emily and Anne, were dying of tuberculosis as they penned their classic works.

Jean-Domininique Bauby suffered a seizure which left him with Locked In Syndrome. A devastating brain injury which only permitted him to communicate by blinking one eyelid. Everything else in his body was immobilised.

Before his seizure, Bauby had signed a contract to write a book. His speech therapist arranged a 26-letter alphabet according to frequency of use so that he could dictate. Claude Mendibil, a freelance book editor, was sent by his publisher R to take the dictation using a system called partner-assisted scanning. She recited the alphabet until Bauby blinked at the correct letter, and recorded the 130-page manuscript letter by letter over the course of two months, working three hours a day, seven days a week.

His masterpiece, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, was published in 1997.

As for those unacceptable non-authors (Stephen Hawking was an author btw, you ignorant pipsqueak) Frida Kahlo was crippled by spina bifida, Franklin Delano Roosevelt was a polio survivor which left him a paraplegic, Michael J Fox was diagnosed with Parkinsons in 1990 but continued to act for decades - and he also runs a real NFP. These are just the people I can think of off the bat.

There are so many more inspiring disabled people in this world than you, Shamey. You ill-lettered little upstart.

• Heart

Cattycat79

Chatty Member
Thanks for sharing that, Jbogie! Hannah is NOT enjoying this interview 😂 These are her 3 most common expressions especially when Judy brought up the personal assistance topic. Where's the fake guffaws and crazy eyed staring at Shane? They think their lies are so well laid out so it is satisfying to watch them fumble. I love how Judy mentions she pays $50K out of pocket for her care after this entitled grifter whines about not being able to afford it (like he did with the jaco arm, nutrition shakes, wheelchair, etc) - even though purchasing a 2 million dollar mansion was on the horizon.

Attachments

• Heart

Jbogie

Chatty Member
Is it for Ordinary Joe? The ratings are in the toilet! I honestly don’t think they can do anything without Liz. I don’t even believe they went to Wisconsin without mom. Someone has to be there to wipe Shane’s emaciated ass. Liz seems to genuinely love him. She loves him like a sweet little pet that makes her feel like a better person for doing so much good in this world. She’s wacky. The apple definitely didn’t fall far from the tree. Liz is just a lot more polished at hiding the cray cray than her daughter is.

• Heart