Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Louisej3

VIP Member
Me. šŸ‘‹

I won't even bother with decorations this year.
Same here dont really feel in the spirt or mood for Christmas. I'm at work most of next week but Monday and Wednesday, early finish christmas eve and I'm off work for christmas day for the first time in years wish I wasn't to be honest but just feels pointless obviously I'll still see my mum, brothers and nephews over a couple of days when they are off work too, back at work on boxing day til new years eve

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Offtobuttonmoon

VIP Member
@emm @Curly Top Thank you for such kind words, you've really made me feel a bit better ā¤

I just wanted to get an outsiders perspective to see if I was being overly unreasonable by hoping they'd want to spend part of day with me. Families eh?!

I hope you're enjoying the day as best you can šŸ˜ŠšŸŽ„ xx

@emm I'll keep that in mind for next year about spending the day with friends! Thank you again x

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Ups27

VIP Member
I have personally never done it but I know friends that have, and I think if itā€™s what you want then it can be a lovely day. No pressure, doing what you want eating what you want! No sitting on the floor cause there arenā€™t enough seats and playing games you canā€™t be assed to play!

Reactions: 2

A girl has no name

Chatty Member
I'll be alone christmas day, first time ever. Not too fussed as I don't really like christmas. I work nights so I'll be asleep most of the day anyway.

emm

VIP Member
Yes to spending Xmas alone as I donā€™t like Xmas unless it involves going somewhere exotic on holiday.

Iā€™m not happy my mother-in-law has cancer though obviously.
sorry I realised I posted that without thinking about the second part, I wish your MIL the best ā¤

Could you fit in seeing your son at some point during the day? E.g. pop over for breakfast or evening, or maybe invite him to yours. Or does he live quite far away from you? What is the reason you don't want to do the original plan? Your son might be quite worried about you if you do spend the day alone.

Reactions: 1
I donā€™t know where you are but near me in suburban London` loads of places are open, thatā€™s probably correct
Iā€™m in a seaside town so not a big city. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m assuming itā€™s not entirely correct lol. Not the end of the world Iā€™ve got a few picky bits in

• Haha

candyland_

VIP Member
I was going to see if any takeaways were open but Iā€™ve just gone on Uber Eats and thereā€™s about 20 restaurants supposedly ā€œopenā€. Seems like far too many for Christmas Day so I bet itā€™s wrong. Donā€™t want to order for nothing to turn up.
You could always call the restaurant and see if they answer.

Iā€™ve been with family for the afternoon but Iā€™m happy to be back home and in pjs with my daughter for the rest of the night. Christmas is draining.

What's are us Christmas alone people making for dinner x
I was going to see if any takeaways were open but Iā€™ve just gone on Uber Eats and thereā€™s about 20 restaurants supposedly ā€œopenā€. Seems like far too many for Christmas Day so I bet itā€™s wrong. Donā€™t want to order for nothing to turn up.

Im sure some would be open - turkish/Indian places usually are because they don't celebrate Christmas. I've ordered pizza before on Xmas lol
Oh yeah Iā€™m sure a couple probably are but I bet lots of them arenā€™t and itā€™s showing as open because no ones updated it lol. Donā€™t really want to risk picking one thatā€™s not open.

emm

VIP Member
I donā€™t know where you are but near me in suburban London` loads of places are open, thatā€™s probably correct

emm

VIP Member
Iā€™m spending Xmas alone this year. Weā€™ve had to cancel our planned holiday as my mother-in-law has been diagnosed with cancer. My husband will fly over to spend Xmas with his family and Iā€™m going to stay home alone ā€¦ our house is thankfully a xmas tat free zone this year
are you happy about it?

candyland_

VIP Member
Nights when my daughter and boyfriend arenā€™t here are always an exciting idea so I plan to spend it by myself but the reality is very boring and lonely! No way would I do Christmas Day alone.