Sophie Stanbury - ex SIL of CS and oh so busy busy! #1

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel her pain, she loved that doggie and I would be devastated if anything happened to mine . They are with you though all the tough times and I am sure Sophie had plenty of them. That is why I followed her , she seemed genuine and was trying to find her way after her divorce.

Reactions: 10
Lost my precious Cockapoo a few months ago, unexpectedly. She was totally okay during the day & less than 24hrs later had to be rushed to Emerg & put down. The pain for me was paralysing. Still is. Learning to live with the loss of our pets, but the suffering that follows is horrendous. Sorry for adding the above, as I don't like going off track. Wanted to say I totally relate to what Sophie must be going through, or anyone here who has lost a fur baby. The grief is hideous yet the bond we've built with our precious animals can never be broken.

Reactions: 7
I did think she must be going onto NZ for a nice holiday- two nights is ridiculous. It’s very odd.
---
Sophie's hair today! its huge and so ageing. Please Sophie it does nothing for you.
it really is - reminds of a Stepford wife.
---
I meant Sophie looked like she’d been crying, she was very puffy eyed.
sorry - wrong thread Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I can' tbelieve they have a puppy. When she said please dont judge me. You could see her filming it in the mirror behind her. So she stands in front of a light. I mean, so much effort to her dear diary updates. Sorry but i find it distasteful like is it even two weeks after Coco has passed away?

Reactions: 6
I wonder what she plans to do with the puppy when she’s back to being super busy and has to leave it on its own all day.

Reactions: 4
I am a bit sceptical about her saying they had already decided on this puppy before Coco died, in an effort to keep Coco young, she would have mentioned that in her daily updates, she should have said nothing instead of trying to justify it, it all sounded a bit implausible. I think some of her followers have been reaching out to her, it seems one of them randomly offered her a photo shoot, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone reached out to her with the offer of a puppy.

It is a really cute little thing though, although that puppy stage is not easy.

Reactions: 5
I agree with the above - what happens when she is super busy and in London all day /school runs. I can't imagine having a dog this fast. RIP Coco.

Why? She’s a dog person and losing a dog leaves a huge hole, it doesn’t mean she didn’t care about Coco, she just wants a dog in her life.
Our last puppy was bought 2 days after losing our elderly dog. My dad had died the same week and I was bereft, had no reason to get up and we agreed the house without a dog just felt wrong, so we found him and brought him home and he helped us through our grief so much.
---
I think Coco was quite a difficult puppy/adolescent, I remember her saying she despaired of ever training her.

My dog's death paralysed me. Grief I've never experienced. She was by my side for almost 13 years. The way she died was horrendous & still haunts me. I was unable to eat for a long time, could not concentrate, pretty much non functional. I got a puppy about a month later because the house was eerily quiet which further exasperated my grief. My puppy would never replace my beloved dog, although having another animal to care for, (or at least for me) was a welcomed distraction from the depressed state I was in. I don't think it's ever too late or too soon to get another animal to love on & be loved. It's so individual. jmho

Reactions: 11
I think I am going to unfollow her. I feel really sorry for her for some reason, I dont know why. The stumbling over words, and the inflections in the sing songy voice. I have said it before, I wonder if she has a learning disability or is massively insecure. She can't get her words out with nerves. the over explaining. telling insta about making lists and sharing her thoughts. CS is cringe and a nightmare but Sophie seems so massively insecure and desperate to put on that posh voice it feels awkward watching it. I feel sorry for her.

I agree. She is the same on repeat. Which I am finding boring . I don’t know what her end goal is

Reactions: 3
Having a VERY basic and simplistic conversation with herself into the camera and finding herself funny and having a laugh with herself, is so freaking weird and all the constant nose touching (I know someone here alluded to her love of the white stuff), the bouncing and flinging the hair around, thats basically it, she can't even get the day of the week correct.

My 15 year old and her friends have more interesting conversations, she really is soooo boring, I have stopped following her too, she has nothing of interest to share, even the few products and clothes she promotes are on repeat, nothing new, everything is so stale.

Reactions: 3
I agree. She is the same on repeat. Which I am finding boring . I don’t know what her end goal is
Exactly this...

What's the end game?
What's the direction of travel?
Why the updates? (I mean I see others like this and think they must be lost/lonely/bored/trying to paint a picture of a life they want)

I sometimes feel like she is talking to her mates with the updates...oh gosh did this, then that, then have to do this...its diary vibes. But actually nothing new...its rinse and repeat.

I'm not sure...I've posted before that she is either playing at this...and not realising its all a bit flaky or she needs to get some PR advice and take it seriously.

It's odd. Social media is a bubble...without context it feels this is what you do...but alongside others its a strange approach. I mean if I did this and my kids or family saw it they would eye roll and say stop!!! It's the classic posting in FB about what you had for lunch!

However yesterday I did see her post about interior design (think she tagged a company) and seeing as this is her job I realised she doesn't do this and should. I mean that's what she spends time doing projects on. In fact Sophie get intouch, I can help you have more focus on IG!!

Nose touching is also a sign of lying

Happy Monday
Hope you all had a super weekend
Weather was super and we had a cosy supper out on the lawn
Here are the bloomers I tried to flog last year having another outing 🫢

And
Those trousers are hideous. She has no style at all. She will wear whatever is #gifted.
and wear it to deatg until the next arrival...I noticed she wore a beautiful dress to a party in 'town' but was wearing it with a beaded bracelet she had got with a freebie earlier in the week. She reminds me of my 10 year old...novelty until the next beautiful (and in her case free...) item.

Reactions: 1