Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RachyWoo

VIP Member
Anyone watch the pregnancy announcement? I'm happy for them, but bloody hell I was falling asleep half way through it. "We're having a real life baby, a real human" Good God 🤦‍♀️😂
Lawrence seems to think they're some kind of celebrities. "Don't worry the food videos won't stop", I wasn't worrying mate 🤨
I can just imagine it now....
✌ Living ✌your ✌ best ✌ life ✌ on✌ a ✌ budget ✌ with ✌ a ✌ real ✌ life ✌ baby ✌

• Haha
Reactions: 15

MalteasersRlife

He annoys the fuck out of me, especially in that hot cross bun video. He’s always sighing and huffing and puffing, like at least act like your interested in what your doing 🙄🙄 also what kind of fucking freaks eat hot cross buns not toasted with no butter 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Pinkii

VIP Member
I’m all for discussing sophie and lawrence but his kid from a previous relationship isnt our business i dont think and don’t see why people think they owe viewers an explanation on the situation.

We can’t have it both ways, moan when they sell all aspects of their life and then moan when they rightly keep certain things like an innocent child out of the channel.

Reactions: 12

madditag

I can’t even tell you how annoying she was in the new video.
The amount of times she said ‘affordable’ was bad enough! Such a stupid word and what is affordable to her may not be affordable to many people watching.
She also stated 6 different meals.. but yet the food will apparently last them between 10-14 days.
Makes no sense and she is definitely lying to try and push how great she is on a ‘budget’.
Also the whole fact her brand is about ‘living your best life on a budget’ is fucking ridiculous. Lawrence must be earning good money for them to afford that house - I can’t imagine she brings in too much sitting around drinking cups of tea all day.
She has said they have takeaways at the weekend, seems to do quite a lot of Costco hauls and some nice holidays etc. So it’s quite insulting she tries to act as if they are hard up, when some people watching may genuinely be struggling to put food on the table.
And if she says ‘yummo’ one more time!!!!

Reactions: 11

Maz86

I find it so annoying all these influenzas having babies now. When she was doing assumptions on insta I put “you will now be mummy channel” and she replied to say something passive aggressive and that no but of course her content will be affected by arrivalof a baby. Well it doesn’t have to! You can choose to only post food content etc. It’s your CHOICE. But of course as soon as they gain more followers/have a baby all the begging for stuff and money grabbing starts. Hardly any food content on yiutube just breast pumps and baby. I had to unsubscribe. I have no children and just not interested at all…

Reactions: 11

Maz86

Find it difficult to relate to someone who says they live on a budget but constantly showing off her SMEG kettle and toaster... every time she makes a cuppa it’s strategically placed in the shot 🙄 were they gifted??

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Petro

She should change the name of her channel as it is fastly becoming the Lawrence Show...particularly obvious in the Christmas taste tests. Having watched some old taste test videos from 12 months ago...it shocked me how much Sophie defaults to Lawrence's opinion...she often asks him if she likes something or asks him what she thinks before she gives her opinion, which usually is in agreement with him. She has little if any self-confidence....if that what happens when you move in with someone and get in engaged....you lose your personality opinion...then I am happy to stay single

• Haha
Reactions: 9

madditag

Just came to say I can’t stand how she says Jaffa cakes and instead been shocked by child revaluations 🤣

• Haha

Dancerxoxo

People on here acting like they’ve been betrayed because someone they don’t know has a life they didn’t know about... are you all okay??
Sophie posts videos about food and budgeting on YouTube, yes she involves Lawrence in some of her videos but I think you’re all being quite dramatic and entitled regarding their private lives. It’s not a scandal. They just didn’t tell you and now you think they should do a video ‘outing’ it? It’s none of your businesses!

I came to see if there were people who had picked up on slight annoyances in her videos, but Jesus Christ, this is a new level of petty right here.

Lolo24

I am so glad I found this thread, I was starting to think I was the only person who finds her annoying! I actually like the sort of content she makes and find it relatable but the constant mis-pronunciaton of things and incorrect information is incredibly frustrating. This is her JOB and she should at least be doing some basic research and educating herself as she comes across incredibly thick given how she tries to portray herself. As for things being "only one poundS" - it's like nails on a blackboard!

• Haha

RLL

She blocked me on Instagram for leaving a comment that suggested she was recycling photos from a shoot she did in 2018. She posted a full body shot a few days ago that people assumed was recent and congratulated her on looking so great right after having a baby, but she had posted almost identical photos in Fall 2018 and again in Fall of 2019 (which she made clear at the time). She didn't claim it was a recent picture but she also didn't correct people's incorrect assumptions. Then yesterday she had another picture that looked like it was from the 2018 shoot (same outfit, earrings, eyebrows and hair the same with Lawrence wearing the hat this time) and she clearly was suggesting it was a recent photo. I don't believe I'm wrong about this and if I'm right she's perpetuating the pressure women have to snap back to their pre-baby selves and messing with her followers who are looking at her instagram as a fellow young mother.

• Wow
Reactions: 8

Cassi O’bury

She’s about 28

That's the impression I got too 😂
Hope he stays with her longer than his first wife and baby

She should change the name of her channel as it is fastly becoming the Lawrence Show...particularly obvious in the Christmas taste tests. Having watched some old taste test videos from 12 months ago...it shocked me how much Sophie defaults to Lawrence's opinion...she often asks him if she likes something or asks him what she thinks before she gives her opinion, which usually is in agreement with him. She has little if any self-confidence....if that what happens when you move in with someone and get in engaged....you lose your personality opinion...then I am happy to stay single

Last edited:
  • Wow

Applespice

He‘s quoted online as 32, how old is Sophie?
or is he older than that 😳
Did some snooping.. He left school in 2003 which by my accounts makes him 35ish?

They've said several times that they only share a teeny fraction of their lives with us online..now I know what they mean!
I find it really strange though. Why choose to publicize yourself and some of your life on YouTube (engaged, losing her dad, having a baby) if you arent prepared to be honest about all of it.. people arent stupid and pick up on the missing links.

• Wow

Applespice

THIS. To me it just makes her even more of a fake than she was before we found this out. She thinks all her viewers are thick as shit.
I understand them not filming the kid & sharing any information, but to not even acknowledge the fact he already has a child is plain weird. Especially if she is staying there occasionally.
Totally. I understand not including the child but at least acknowledge their existence! Especially if you post photos of them on your Twitter!

Winners_Song

VIP Member
Just seen that Lawrence has changed his header photo on Twitter, it’s no longer of the kid. Wonder if they’ve been reading this...
Maybe Sophie’s YT Manager has suggested they remove opportunities for L to be called out as they must now focus on the “new” family brand (if she still has management?!). They will tell us in their next vlog that their lives are private and that they have to keep things for themselves.

I noticed in the Thursday upload that Sophie is regarding her pregnancy as an illness but didn’t once acknowledge how privileged she is not to have to work whilst pregnant (especially during a pandemic) throughout. She is started to get detach from reality and quite pompous.

• Wow

Winners_Song

VIP Member
I’m just watching the School Meals Plan video and she said “we both work really busy jobs” but I find that a bit disingenuous because as a full time YouTube/Influencer I would suggest that you actually have a huge amount of control over your work hours (hence Sophie regularly disregards her own upload schedule) and especially in lockdown, it isn’t that busy. When I do my food shop/clean my house/chill at home it doesn’t count toward my work time.

I am glad that she is donating the food and ad money to the food bank charity though, that is the right thing to do.

blondelolita

Chatty Member
Could be that the child’s mother doesn’t want the situation posted all over the internet, as in fairness if I was her I’m not sure I’d like it, but we’ll see. They’ll either continue like its his first, etc. Or it’ll all come spilling out. I definitely see Soph morphing into a mummy channel though, probs gets involved with Channel Mum... Maybe that’s the plan 🤷🏾‍♀️

Reactions: 7

lexiloo

VIP Member
How can she be so tone deaf to do a feed your family for five pounds vlog when she charges that per month for her shitty meal ideas app

Reactions: 7