Sofie Hagen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A person who can’t stand up without an external support is not someone I’d listen to about exercise being bad.
Seriously! She's (I'm going to use those pronouns for simplicity) behaving as though:
1. Exercise must be hard and exhausting and in the gym
2. If you've previously had an unhealthy relationship with food or exercise, you must never exercise again because it's traumatic.

Instead:
1. Exercise is any kind of movement. We're not supposed to be sedentary! Walk, stretch, do some yoga or tai chi. ANYTHING that involves getting up off the couch. The paralympics exist because people can find other ways of getting stronger, but it doesn't even necessarily have to be intense (although getting your heart rate up occasionally is also good)
2. I have been extremely all or nothing about exercise and diet in the past. Now, yes I do *some* kind of exercise daily. But mostly pretty low intensity, strength a few times a week. I know I feel better when I've moved and that having some strength will stand to me. She's making herself FEEBLE and just making excuses...instead of saying she just doesn't want to.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I feel like it's almost like she got angry with herself for trying but finding it hard and decided to take it out on everyone who enjoys it.

The entire scales debacle…she can NEVER be wrong can she? She’s so embarrassing

I’m actually less pissed about the scales thing and more pissed off that she’s so arrogant she thinks she’s above any kind of criticism. I get that it’s too easy to complain about anything on the internet but she should hold accountability for herself that she’s ALWAYS preaching for others to do.

Also I can’t cope with these idiots simping for Sofie

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I don't get it. Does anyone think not throwing scales in a river helps climate change? Does literally anyone think that? Or are people just broadly against chucking stuff in rivers?

Just stop posting the stupid bleeping clip. This happens every time. People say 'huh, not great to throw things in a river' and they have to get all 'I don't actually care about rivers because capitalism' as if that makes any sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The entire scales debacle…she can NEVER be wrong can she? She’s so embarrassing

I’m actually less pissed about the scales thing and more pissed off that she’s so arrogant she thinks she’s above any kind of criticism. I get that it’s too easy to complain about anything on the internet but she should hold accountability for herself that she’s ALWAYS preaching for others to do.

Also I can’t cope with these idiots simping for Sofie
I don’t get the iPhone thing? You need a smart phone to participate in modern society now - everything from banking to parking relies on it, even more so during covid with track & trace?! So as ghastly as it sounds we *need* smart phones so sadly the environmental impact is necessary, chucking scales in water doesn’t benefit anyone it’s just a crappy thing to do…? We can all do better and if an environmentally preferable smartphone brand comes out I’m sure lots of us will opt towards that. None of us are going to start littering because coke aren’t environmentally efficient tho?

I know so many plus sized women who love to exercise and don’t do it to lose weight or because society made them - they do it because they enjoy exercise and are seeking the benefits beyond weight loss.

It’s so disingenuous for Sofie to be some sort of mental health ambassador when she refuses to even accept that exercise can be very beneficial for mental health.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don't get it. Does anyone think not throwing scales in a river helps climate change? Does literally anyone think that? Or are people just broadly against chucking stuff in rivers?

Just stop posting the stupid bleeping clip. This happens every time. People say 'huh, not great to throw things in a river' and they have to get all 'I don't actually care about rivers because capitalism' as if that makes any sense.
This! Every time she posts that clip she includes the lake bit. She knows people comment, so she must crave the criticisms. I know I would just...not post that bit if I wanted to avoid people nagging me about it.

Reactions: 10
The most triggered person in Britain being upset by other people being triggered?! Never!
Also, excercise is literally moving. Humans are supposed to move, to make fire, shelters, food. We just replaced all that with gyms and yoga classes…. Of course it’s healthy. It’s part of the eco system of our bodies, and it doesn’t mean doing a workout. I regularly walk 5+miles without leaving the house just taking care of chores and children, or gardening. Her points are so silly she’s making less and less sense.

Also Sophie- fat phobia is real and affects everyone however the environment is THE most important issue of our time.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I know so many plus sized women who love to exercise and don’t do it to lose weight or because society made them - they do it because they enjoy exercise and are seeking the benefits beyond weight loss.

It’s so disingenuous for Sofie to be some sort of mental health ambassador when she refuses to even accept that exercise can be very beneficial for mental health.
exactly and someone so anti exercise as she apparently is really shouldn't hve got a dog. her whole going on about fat being unhealthy mKes no sense if she is also equating that with doing no exercise. yes you can be fT and healthy but you need to exercise otherwise you are just fat and unfit. domt even get me started on the scales thing. the comment from her fan saying she probably didnt throw scales into the river often was just 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Unfollowed her yesterday as she is so toxic and unhinged. She's lost any respect or interest I once had for her ( and that was quite a while ago). I think she's a horrible person and killing her career at this point. The people who want to pay to be berated and yelled at by a narcissist must be dwindling.

Reactions: 14
Also she first claims her producer had to wade in to get the scales, then somehow that there was a string attached to them on her wrist... which you can clearly see is untrue

Her weird aggression towards the issue of the environment is so odd, is it cos it's the one area she can't feel holier than thou about? So she gets all defensive instead.

her views about about exercise are batshit, your feelings about exercise don't trump other people's right to feel proud about their physical achievements. It shows what a dangerous echo chamber Instagram is..if you spouted those views in normal life everyone would challenge you but on insta all her sycophantic followers just say how wise she is.

Is Sofie doing this to drum up a bit of engagement so her stats look better for potential #ad relationships or something? As loads of you have said, they seem to deliberately pull this clip out every now and then and it always gets a reaction....

Is Sofie doing this to drum up a bit of engagement so her stats look better for potential #ad relationships or something? As loads of you have said, they seem to deliberately pull this clip out every now and then and it always gets a reaction....
100% for engagement, sad that she/they? whatever pronoun i need to use at this point, has nothing good to say and has to rely on negativity imo

Reactions: 5
Such lies! No way was she getting 60k views, ever! Maybe people don’t watch the videos because she’s so intolerant? And I can’t believe sofie doesn’t see the arrogance of ‘see someone else waded out to collect the scales from the river’. Sheesh she/they’re/he’s becoming insufferable! Unfollowed

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Such lies! No way was she getting 60k views, ever! Maybe people don’t watch the videos because she’s so intolerant? And I can’t believe sofie doesn’t see the arrogance of ‘see someone else waded out to collect the scales from the river’. Sheesh she/they’re/he’s becoming insufferable! Unfollowed
I thought this! I unfollowed and don’t watch their content anymore (and just check in on this thread) because I either get upset or frustrated. I’m sure other people have felt similar, but it must be Insta’s fault? I’ve had a long break from ‘activist Instagram’ because I’d got myself into such a negative rut with the accounts I followed when I last posted on here - nothing good seemed to be happening and there was absolutely no joy on my feed. I thought it was important that I was aware but when it was the only content I was consuming, all it did was make me furious and I wanted to scream - how is that helpful to anyone? And I feel so much better and positive for having that break!

I just looked at Sofie’s Insta and I just feel a little sad tbh - surely it must be exhausting to hang onto things like this and keep going over them? Like, it’s okay to just exist and not be trying to constantly ‘win’ or have the last word on whatever argument they’re choosing to have!

• Heart
So many of these Insta wankers behave like proper dickheads on the gram then have the CHEEK to cry about their lack of engagement. The lack of self awareness is astounding .

Reactions: 13
You don’t have engagement cause you’re aggressive and never say anything comedic or even mildly positive. People can’t be arsed with that, so they don’t engage.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.