Slopalong #3 She doesn't understand beans

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And EVERY single recipe work, every single one. Delia taught me (and countless others) to cook.❤
I will never hear a word said against St Delia. I have many, many cookbooks and hers are the only ones where I can pick literally any recipe and know that it’s going to work. Also the lemon meringue ice-cream in the Summer collection is the bomb, I could literally eat my own body-weight in it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I will never hear a word said against St Delia. I have many, many cookbooks and hers are the only ones where I can pick literally any recipe and know that it’s going to work. Also the lemon meringue ice-cream in the Summer collection is the bomb, I could literally eat my own body-weight in it.
Ooooh, I am.going to try that. Thank you!

Reactions: 5
LOL. I actually tried this once and it was a mega fail. Absolutely does not work. Yomp to Asda and get a bag for 45p tenderplum x
---

It doesn't work
BIB - Make sure to have 'three cheap toffees' (or something) to take along on the yomp...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
You can buy an air fryer for the same cost as a bullet blender and a cheap stick blender will cover most of your blending needs. How out of touch is guest?

Reactions: 7
Just sticking my oar in so I can find this these threads again (I keep losing them) Thank(space)you for all you do, tenderstems.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
These are my favourite threads on here. Whenever I see it pop back up I hope someone’s just taken it upon themselves to try a Jack recipe.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Would genuinely rather buy a new oven than clean it.
I agree.

When it is so caked in burnt-on gunk that I can only slide fish fingers in one at a time, and I put it on to warm up and there is an aroma of a full roast dinner pervading the entire house after five minutes, then I consider it time for a new one.
---
This morning I was inspired to put my oven shelves in a massive plastic container full of Surf and hot water. I’m afraid to say it doesn’t work very well on filthy, caked-on, black grease. The edges were gleaming though! @MancBee’s oven speaks for itself but he would NEVER allow it to get as nasty as mine. I thought I’d warn the more disgusting among us….
BIB May I recommend soaking them in a dishwasher tablet and hot water? It is pretty good (though obviously not as good as that stuff being recommended) and I've found it helpful in the past, once I have managed to get the shelves out of the oven where they are superglued on with chicken fat and spat out yorkshire pudding lard.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Pyrolytic ovens! Honestly changed my life! You take the shelves out, unclip the bits that hold the shelves, press a couple of buttons and 90 minutes later you have a clean oven and a small pile of grey ash at the bottom to wipe out. Ours is a Zanussi, had it about six years now, and it wasn't hugely expensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wow. I've finally read all the slopalong threads and I am astonished. These threads were some of the funniest and most disgusting on here! I don't know what is worse: guest's online bullshit or the dog poo recipes. How have these recipes been deemed fit for publication? Did noone -noone- think that maybe these recipes needed trying? Or that recipes need to be clear and concise regarding amounts of food and techniques used? Everyone involved in these books should hang their heads in shame.

I'm so horrified, I'm tempted to try one of her crappy recipes myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 23