Slimmingworld_jsg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do not understand anyone trying to say you cannot discuss her PUBLIC PROFILE because she's going through a difficult time. So what? Yes, no one should comment on anything to do with the children themselves or the awful experience she must be going through. But this isn't some thread for compassion or for her to read to feel good about herself.
This is to discuss her profile and how she is influencing people, for money a lot of the time, and it should remain as so.

This shouldn't be stopped.

It reminds me of the Jade Goody thing a bit - every one hated her because she behaved awfully, she gets cervical cancer, suddenly the nation's sweetheart. It's so strange.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
I don’t have an opinion on this women bless her.

But surely everyone who is saying be kind she’s having a rough time (bless her heart) why aren’t we kind to everyone? Everyone has battles every single day! So why are some people excused and some aren’t. Practice what you preach surely?

I’m not having a go at anyone etc but I think if we’re saying be kind surely every one deserves that not just pick and choose?

Edit - I’m also not saying I’m kind to everyone etc
This 🙌🏼

Reactions: 2
I agree she’s a public profile open to discussion about her influencing. What is she doing right now that’s influencing to make money? I know she doesn’t disclose all ads/affs, she preaches perfection and superiority and she definitely wasn’t transparent to her followers about her weight but still doing ads etc. - I’m in total agreement BUT what is she doing now that needs discussing?

Reactions: 3
I agree she’s a public profile open to discussion about her influencing. What is she doing right now that’s influencing to make money? I know she doesn’t disclose all ads/affs, she preaches perfection and superiority and she definitely wasn’t transparent to her followers about her weight but still doing ads etc. - I’m in total agreement BUT what is she doing now that needs discussing?
She’s showing her weight gain that she lied about and hid previously.

Apparently only gaining half an ounce (you get the idea) throughout her pregnancy. If that’s true then she must’ve been massive before she fell pregnant and she was secretive about it. Acting all along like Miss Slinky of the world with a perfect diet. Smuggy McSmugerson.
Hence me posting about her chins.

Edited to add:
Someone has posted “what should she be doing now” or “what’s the issue”. It doesn’t matter to me what she’s doing now. I was simply highlighting that her pic confirmed what we all thought and discussed: she’s piled the weight on. And pre-pregnancy if her previous posts about pregnancy weight gain are to be believed.

In my opinion, what I’ve posted and the point of my post has absolutely nothing to do with what is going on in her personal life. And the comments about being kind and all that could be applied to every single thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
It’s so funny isn’t it that the basis of this thread was about her preaching how perfect she is and how everything she does works in her favour every time. So now the woman is doing pretty much the exact opposite and it’s still an issue.

So what’s the actual problem with her? Not disclosing ads? Well she’s not posted an AD. Her pretend perfect life? Well she’s definitely not posting about that. Her hiding her weight gain? Well she’s let that wall come right down.

So what’s the issue? All the problems people have picked apart (rightly so) she isn’t doing any of it right now. So the problem is she is misplacing her focus from her boys to Instagram? Ok so a total of around 4/5 posts on her grid/story over the last 3 weeks while she can’t do ANYTHING to help other than patiently waiting and hope her boys improve. What is the woman meant to do? Why can’t she have an outlet or something to take her mind off it for a total of 5 mins?

I’m genuinely intrigued what actions should she be taking right now instead of those 30 mins she’s probably spent on IG in 3 weeks, what should of she done to improve her boys well being with them 30 mins other than sit and wait?
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

She’s showing her weight gain that she lied about and hid previously.

Apparently only gaining half an ounce (you get the idea) throughout her pregnancy. If that’s true then she must’ve been massive before she fell pregnant and she was secretive about it. Acting all along like Miss Slinky of the world with a perfect diet. Smuggy McSmugerson.
Hence me posting about her chins.

Edited to add:
Someone has posted “what should she be doing now” or “what’s the issue”. I don’t matter to me what she’s doing now. I was simply highlighting that her pic confirmed what we all thought and discussed: she’s piled the weight on. And pre-pregnancy if her previous posts about pregnancy weight gain are to be believed.

In my opinion, what I’ve posted and the point of my post has absolutely nothing to do with what is going on in her personal life. And the comments about being kind and all that could be applied to every single thread.
She keeps that photo as her profile to be misleading. I hope the boys are doing well.

I think she must've felt under so much pressure after the miss slinky title thinking the whole world was watching if she gained an ounce and we were!!! I personally think she went too thin to a point she looked ill but started gaining after her wedding and hid it well and by not disclosing etc. She got a hammering when she became a consultant as i heard some of the new members were slimmer than her. Ooops🤷‍♀️ Anyway, I reckon shes made her money now and had her 30 seconds of fame so basically if she wants to be a fatty again she will. Oh and one last thing, Kate Middleton lookalike?! My arse!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think she must've felt under so much pressure after the miss slinky title thinking the whole world was watching if she gained an ounce and we were!!! I personally think she went too thin to a point she looked ill but started gaining after her wedding and hid it well and by not disclosing etc. She got a hammering when she became a consultant as i heard some of the new members were slimmer than her. Ooops🤷‍♀️ Anyway, I reckon shes made her money now and had her 30 seconds of fame so basically if she wants to be a fatty again she will. Oh and one last thing, Kate Middleton lookalike?! My arse!!!
I think that's the crux of peoples issue, with Jen and with so many, they are allowed to carry on as a SW consultant despite piling on the pounds. They are just in it for the cash, you cannot promote a plan that one you aren't following any more and two has clearly failed you but you expect people to pay £5 to you for your 'wisdom'.

She deceived all her followers before the pregnancy and kept wearing the SW crown despite her weight gain. I am not surprised her consultant said what she did in that text but I am not condoning her reveling her weight/gain as this is against SW terms. But to go on an active campaign to get someone sacked was nasty. She portrayed this Miss Perfect lifestyle when really she was just one of us.

If I was her. I doubt I would even give social media a second thought, but it was such a big part of her life and everyone deal with difficulties in their own way I can sort of understand why she posted. I couldn't care less what she weights nor about what she eats, I'm glad she's got her boys and I really hope they are okay.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Agreed. She says her babies are doing well so thats great news, cant imagine what they must be going through.

I only said she looks like her sister (which she does) that wasn’t a dig at her, merely a statement, and the whole thread has exploded Jesus christ. I have every bit of compassion for her at a time like this and I’m glad the babies seem to be doing well. Who cares if she’s ‘fat’ she’s just given birth. I still don’t like her as a person but I still feel for her at this incredibly difficult time.

I only said she looks like her sister (which she does) that wasn’t a dig at her, merely a statement, and the whole thread has exploded Jesus christ. I have every bit of compassion for her at a time like this and I’m glad the babies seem to be doing well. Who cares if she’s ‘fat’ she’s just given birth. I still don’t like her as a person but I still feel for her at this incredibly difficult time.
I did genuinely think it was her sister at first!

Oh so now we’re all high and mighty are we?

My post has nothing at all to do with her children or what is happening to her. I have made no comment about that. What she’s going through is something private and none of my business.

Those chins tell me she was bigger that she let on before she fell pregnant or she piled it on while she was pregnant. And lied either way.
Agreed!

I am currently 33 weeks pregnant, have a round face at the best of times and even I don’t have chins down to my tits!

• Haha
I can’t stand the woman. Based upon actually living near and having been to her group for a few months, the smugness, the callousness (a la the sly posts that appear after others, like Emily), and being one absolute shite consultant. I was against the hiding and lying regards weight gain, not the weight gain itself. I’ve gone back up to a size 18 myself recently but unfortunately my weight goes straight on my chin/neck. Even when I’ve been a 10 I’ve had the stupid chins. Once I hit about a size 16 my chins make my face look like Peter Griffin.
See my previous comments to know I’m not in any way a fan, nor do I need the rave thread before someone mentions it, but please can we discuss her without any unnecessary nastiness while she’s going through this. An odd post now and again isn’t unreasonable when you’re sat in a hospital or rmch all day every day without being able to do much for her boys but be there. I hope her boys are doing okay.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I can’t stand the woman. Based upon actually living near and having been to her group for a few months, the smugness, the callousness (a la the sly posts that appear after others, like Emily), and being one absolute shite consultant. I was against the hiding and lying regards weight gain, not the weight gain itself. I’ve gone back up to a size 18 myself recently but unfortunately my weight goes straight on my chin/neck. Even when I’ve been a 10 I’ve had the stupid chins. Once I hit about a size 16 my chins make my face look like Peter Griffin.
See my previous comments to know I’m not in any way a fan, nor do I need the rave thread before someone mentions it, but please can we discuss her without any unnecessary nastiness while she’s going through this. An odd post now and again isn’t unreasonable when you’re sat in a hospital or rmch all day every day without being able to do much for her boys but be there. I hope her boys are doing okay.
Like you my weight goes straight to my face, even at my slimmest I have cheeks and chins! So annoying. And like you, it's her deceit that pisses me off, not the gain itself. She traded on the sw name, used it to make her money, and built her following. Bragging about eating the rainbow you guyssss. Then when people genuinely asked how she was finding maintaining her loss, and asked for guidance, her weight was now none of our business and saying it was rude to ask, and she didn't owe an explanation. Then the way she outed that consultant, *after* it had already been dealt with by sw, and they took the consultant through the disciplinary process, people thought it was unnecessary, and quite vindictive, considering she had already been punished. Not good, and people were pissed with how her and her sister spoke to them at any hint of quite polite and respectful questions or disagreement. I hope her boys will thrive, and she has support, but I absolutely get why people have an issue with her past behaviour.

Surely you're just contradicting yourself here? The first part of your post 'I can't stand the women', 'she's smug, sly and a liar' and then go on to say 'Can we post without any unnecessary nastiness' 🤔🤔

I mean, I can't stand her but I'm not writing that and then saying in the same breath I won't write anything mean.

I’m definitely not. I’m all for calling people out for behaviour, but why do people on threads like these think it is fine to say things about people gaining weight when you wouldn’t walk up to somebody in the street you haven’t seen in a year after they had lost weight and go ‘oooooh you’ve gained weight, how heavy are you now?’

But it’s all blissful to expect that from people on Instagram.
Are you having a laugh? If someone is labelling themself as a weight loss account, “Miss Slinky” and consistently posting about their massive loss and amazing eating plan and continues to do so for more than a year after they’ve gained a metric tit ton of the weight back with no transparency then of course people are going to ask about their weight.

When they’re no longer posting full body shots/selfies and you catch a glimpse of what they really look like in someone else’s photo they have no control over and they continue to keep
up the facade that they have put on a little honeymoon weight and are out of target when in actual fact it’s more than half the weight they lost then too right I and others are going to ask about it.

It’s all about the context. Would I think I had the right to ask the average person? No. But someone who has curated the image of the perfect slimming worlder,amassed a massive following as a result and is so invested they actually sought out a blue tick on Instagram as if they are some pseudo celeb/weightloss guru then too right I will.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This thread today! I wasn't going to say anything but - It's like when someone dies and all the false people come out of the woodwork saying 'how much they loved them, how sorry they are' blah blah.. and you're just sat there thinking ...what a load of old bollocks you you never had one good word to say about them when they were alive.. why start now 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Are you having a laugh? If someone is labelling themself as a weight loss account, “Miss Slinky” and consistently posting about their massive loss and amazing eating plan and continues to do so for more than a year after they’ve gained a metric tit ton of the weight back with no transparency then of course people are going to ask about their weight.

When they’re no longer posting full body shots/selfies and you catch a glimpse of what they really look like in someone else’s photo they have no control over and they continue to keep
up the facade that they have put on a little honeymoon weight and are out of target when in actual fact it’s more than half the weight they lost then too right I and others are going to ask about it.

It’s all about the context. Would I think I had the right to ask the average person? No. But someone who has curated the image of the perfect slimming worlder,amassed a massive following as a result and is so invested they actually sought out a blue tick on Instagram as if they are some pseudo celeb/weightloss guru then too right I will.
Exactly this - you wouldnt ask the average joe, but she waxed lyrical about her weight when it was suiting her, and when it was building her following. Shes weightloss influencer, which comes with some responsibility towards the very people earning her coin from her soup makers, tit chocolate, blah blah. People will understandably become invested in someone they're inspired by (and who even became a consultant) and ask questions when things are seeming a bit off. Lots of people genuinely cared about her, and quite rightly assumed sw was no good when a consultant couldnt maintain whilst supposedly eating nothing but fruit and veg.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.