Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dontgetit

Hi, I have lost 10lbs since mid November ( minus two weeks over Christmas)

I walk every day, gym twice a week and run ( I use that term very lightly) once a week.

Remember if you are training, you need to eat even more calories or the weight won't move off you.

Read alot of the advice on this thread. Lean meats, veg, fruit, all the stuff we know we should eat!

I found that if I was restricting calories and training, I was not losing weight.

Good luck.

Reactions: 3

DomMcGoldio

I’ve lost a stone now, exercise more, eating less and drinking more water. My wife has joined and has lost 1 and half stone. Think we both be happy with another 2 gone. She does slimming slimming world but I don’t think it would be for me. I’d rather do two hours in the gym than waste me evening talking about food

HasnaEmilia

I realise this is a really old post, however you do realise that the reason slimming world worked for you is that essentially it did exactly the same thing as my fitness pal (that you claim is too regimented) and put you in a calorie deficit. The slimming world plan is not magic and the only possible way you lost weight is that you used more calories than you consumed 💚
Yes totally, but it was a plan that worked for me. I understood what I could eat freely and what I had to monitor, and have no intention of inputting my food into an app to monitor and measure what I’m eating, it’s more a mental thing. I can’t imagine using an app to track my food for the rest of my life, whereas I could follow the slimming world plan without giving it much of a thought. I’m now trying to move away from diet culture and be more mindful 💚

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
I got to my target last year and only weigh in once every 6-8 weeks. I don’t stay to group.

I find that knowing that I’ll get weighed every other month keeps my weight under control but still gives me freedom to enjoy life.

If I gain one week it’s okay as I know I’ll soon get that off to get back into target.

It also helps that I don’t like my consultant, I always hated paying for her “help”. Her face when I weigh in still in target 🤣🤣🤣

bagafreebee

VIP Member
Is it true that SW is a franchise and the consultants pay £££££ for the initial set up of classes then pay for packs,mags, diarys ect and bits they sell and whats left is theirs?

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
I know it is irrational but I cannot stand their use of "Body Magic" instead of the word exercise. And they aren't "speed foods" they are salads. I mean get a grip.

Dont fall for buying the bars, meals and snack stuff. It is all over priced and when you look at it the nutritional value is no better than a decent flapjack. That's where they make their money, and selling "snacks and treats" doesnt really address the reason why go to these things: we need to stop snacking / lose weight.

Fundamentally diets dont work. Depriving yourself of something is never going to be sustainable long term as you start to fixate on it. Just eat lots of protein, fruit and veg and watch hidden sugars.

She says whilst being two stones overweight. SW and WW just seem like money making companies to me and as somebody above said the consultants dont always look like they practice what they preach and I dont need to sit in a room listening to why Susan's period is the reason she's gained a pound this week.

• Haha

F the dust.

VIP Member
I'm joining tomorrow, oh god. I just need some support. I understand all your point's of view. Just hope it's successful for me, I'm desperate to get some weight off. Whilst it's common sense..I need the help...

letsmeltthatlard

VIP Member
It's good if it's done right and for the right reasons... wankers like like harry pickard and jack towers use it to get famous....

Reactions: 2

Laur91

VIP Member
It's ironic isn't it. People want to lose weight so, in reality, it should save money because you are eating less. But by signing up to these multi million making Corporations, people spend a fortune.

Its actually really easy if you put your mind to it. 1200 calories a day to lose weight. 1500 to maintain it once you get to your ideal weight.

So many fab free apps that you can download to daily track your food intake and exercise.
it’s not really that simple for everyone though, people seem to think that ‘calories in vs calories out’ and tracking what you eat via an app is ‘really easy‘ as you put it. No calories are created equal and 130 calories of a chocolate bar Vs 130 calories of avocado are going to give your body very different things in terms of nutrients and vitamins.

but then my opinion is that weight loss shouldn’t be the be all and end all and personally that’s why I don’t think places like SW or apps like MFP work at all. They’re not cut out for long term sustainability in terms of your overall health and for some people a healthy balanced diet equals weight loss - then that’s a bonus!

Aiming for a diet rich in whole foods and getting the right amount of fruit and veg a day is the best place to start for any reason - if weight loss is achieved as a by product then fantastic but we need to think of our overall health instead of just worrying about a number on the scales.

dontgetit

Two days in on My Fitness Pal. A bit of relevation.
My sugar intake is high but from fruit and the like instead of rubbish.
The macros are interesting to follow.

dontgetit

So SW Is good for initial weight lost but not for keeping it off.
My Fitness Pal is really working for me.

Look at this nonce ready for his Christmas party. Yet he never spoke about what he done with the money, he seems like the type that’s a benefit scrounger. His parents seem to have raised a good role model. “Work hard stay consistent” is year you work hard at scrounging people’s money and stay consistent but preserving guys
01C618B5-509D-453D-BB2F-76C04EC02250.jpeg

Disneylover

VIP Member
It does make you so wonder if sw is sustainable for the long term. I've lost three stone on it but I'm up and down at the minute and wonder if it's for me anymore. So many of the big Instagram have put weight back on if not most of it so it really does make me wonder. The plan defo works but it's whether it's long term is the question for me. I didn't go to a group I just did it myself with the help of fb groups I'm glad I didn't pay £5 per week to get weighed

s2m2

I've been a member for 5 years on and off. Lost 3st. Have maintained it JUST, but that's been will and choices not Slimming World.
Slimming World doesn't address overeating - in fact it encourages it by saying "eat as much as you want..." of Free/Speed foods.
I've had numerous consultants discourage me from going to the gym because going too often affects losses...apparently.
I wish I'd woken up to it sooner, but I'm glad I did.
My Fitness Pal and exercise. 👌🏻

annanuttall

VIP Member
Oh yeah, it a cult. I did lose some weight with SW - but the majority of my weight loss has been with WW, which has been amazing! I lost more weight with WW than I ever did with SW. I found the app on WW to be easier to use and it allowed you to still eat what you want, but it kind of control your foods potions. You can still have a cookie, but instead of eating the whole packet, maybe just eat one instead.