Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JustWonderingIf

VIP Member
🐷 Most recent drama in SW tattle land is Mr Never a Day off Plan has piled the lard back on after exposing himself last year

🐷 thread is moving as slow as your bowel movement after sampling Susan's 12 egg 'syn free' swiss roll at group

🐷 Mags is still chilling on her yacht somewhere in the med with the fivers of fatties across the land...though this must be getting harder with the rise of Calorie Counting....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

rubyred66

Chatty Member
That cardboard box will taste better than whatever is inside it
If it is anything like the slimmer of the week ‘prize’ it will be full of rotten fruit and veg and probably a can of kidney beans with an expiry date from 2013.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

uokhun92

Chatty Member
It’s not for the majority or even a significant minority, but lots of people do love the convenience of these box kit recipes and it’s still cheaper than a takeaway, so they don’t seem to mind paying for it.
I don’t understand why these get compared to takeaways. Two totally separate things. With a takeaway, all the cooking has already been done for you, it’s usually a good size portion, it’s tasty even if it’s not the best thing for you, it’s hot and ready to eat, I could go on 😂 with recipe boxes you still have to cook it, do all the washing up, most likely not going to satisfy most people.

Reactions: 10

JustWonderingIf

VIP Member
Fuelling a yacht is expensive ladies....
Screenshot_20240528-211042_Instagram.jpg

£10 for a tray of chickepeas and potatoes is insane. You could make double that for less than a fiver
Screenshot_20240528-211502_Chrome.jpg

£12 for a stingy bit of chicken and veg. Handblender need so you're making your own gravy too
Screenshot_20240528-211515_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry

JustWonderingIf

VIP Member
decent sausages ...like the porky lites 🤪
I was at my IG SW peak when that happened. I searched for weeks for them fucking things. Finally got 3 packs at ASDA at 6am.

Next day syns have all changed. Was temporarily devastated but I think it was VonChoc(?) who made a video showing the nasty SW ones have more cals and fat anyway. So I still ate them counting the original half a syn or whatever and didn't gain.

That was the beginning of me falling out of love with SW.

• Haha

JustWonderingIf

VIP Member
Couldn't be more of a cash grab
Screenshot_20240529-150543_Instagram.jpg

Be funny when the complaints start rolling in from people who gain after scoffing full trays at at time

• Haha
Reactions: 8

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
I can only think of one person I know who attends sw these days. It's insane because at one point everyone was on it. I think there's only 3 groups in my area now. At one point there were about 12!

• Wow
Reactions: 8

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

rubyred66

Chatty Member
I reckon he'll have burst a few blood vessels in rage that he can't make fake accounts to defend himself anymore without everyone realising it's him
If someone is obsessed as this person appears to be, he will be around. I have a suspicious mind, especially when it’s men who show signs of narcissism or obsession.

I hope this man addresses his obsession. It is pathetic that a grown man would take such an obsessive, vendetta driven attitude over what is essentially a social club for overweight people.

This man in all probability, is lonely, with shortcomings in life, it’s probably not gone according to plan. He’s channeled his passion into a diet club. Someone comes along and steals his thunder, the meltdown begins which manifests into obsession and sometimes destruction. I saw it too often in occupational counselling.

• Heart

walterisback

Chatty Member
I find it amusing that they’ve had to provide the calorie information on each meal. Some of the are almost 650 cals per portion. I’m not saying that’s bad but it’s 100% free food. So you could technically have that meal times 3 plus Hex A x 2,Hex B x 1 and 15syns. Not many going to lose weight on that.

GiveMeFreebies

VIP Member
It seems very expensive to me, but are they comparable to Gousto/Hello Fresh? I’ve never bought them either, but price wise it seems similar. Anyone buying these things is surely just short of ideas/time and seeking something new to try. Surely nobody relies on them long term? You’d even be cheaper buying in the pre-prepped box meals from the local protein meal kitchen places that seem to have popped up everywhere!

Worth a punt if there’s an offer on, but otherwise you’d be far quicker/cheaper doing your own, especially for pasta bakes and the like. Do people really need a recipe box for that?
I’d say my Gousto boxes for 5 dinners for 2 people averages £50 a week including delivery - that includes at least one recipe I pay a bit extra for. The portion sizes are generous and you get a selection of 50+ recipes that are always changing. The only items I’m ever having to add to them are the cooking oils, salt and pepper, sometimes butter and the odd bit of flour or sugar.
The boxes definitely reduced food waste for hubby and I and I make a much more varied selection of dinners - before it would be the same 5-10 recipes being rotated.
id say most of our Gousto recipes are less calories than those SW ones and more tasty

walterisback

Chatty Member
Someone made the very pertinent comment on a SW Facebook post that there is no discount of any type for current paying members. You’d have thought they’d have at least given a 10% off your first order voucher.

Reactions: 6

JustWonderingIf

VIP Member
I still think they'll have a fair bit of success from these boxes. Reading the comments on facebook, the majority are positive and saying they're ordering. That doesn't surprise me as people see success through slimming world and there are two things here. Firstly the ease of buying your meals preprepared and on plan. Secondly the mental side of things and buying in to the product you are invested in which is what will get a lot of people.
Dave mate,

You're not at group selling to your members on here. No need for the full blown advert.

I'm interested are the last the 2 points ripped straight from the promo you area manger sent you or did you do at least a bit of paraphrasing?

• Haha

-Dave-

If you cook some chips, for £11, I could vomit over your plate and it would more pleasing than that.

I had a hello fresh box courtesy of my daughter very recently. The meals we had were very tasty and when served they were well presented, that slimming world meal just looks awful. I’m not sure of the price difference as we didn’t pay for it.
I agree with @MamaD.

I've had some hello fresh stuff that has looked cracking on the recipe guide and been trash when cooked.

What I will say on this, the recipes available on SW compared to the others are a bit shit. There's a pretty obvious reason for this, they have made them all syn free. You won't get any half decent burger or wrap meals like you would on the competitors. You won't get a poppadom or some naan bread etc. The meals all look very similar, a dark red sauce with some veg chucked in and a side of rice or wedges and a bit of salad to the side. I actually really enjoy this kind of meal but it's not overly selling the product when it all looks so samey.

They need to change their model and have a low syn section and include some meals with side stuff.

-Dave-

I still think those boxes might sell well for a little while.

The portion sizes seem a bit on the small side though. However I did notice this bit at the bottom:

" All Slimming World Kitchen meals are 100% Free Food – foods you can enjoy in unlimited amounts and which fill you up for fewer calories. "

So eating a double portion is fine, it's just going to cost a lot more money 😂

• Haha
  • Sad