Slimming World #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Pinkoctopus I think before you do anything have a think about why you need to go back to SW.

Why did you stop going the previous times? Did you achieve your goal and fall away from group. Are you heavier now than previous starts?

SW was successful for me but I couldnt maintain my weight with it. I struggled with having no leeway with convenience foods when life was hectic. As I wasnt weighing out food to a portion, it was too easy to overeat for me while trying to balance being at target and having a life.

I put a lot of my life onhold while I did SW which was fine to lose weight but I couldnt do it indefinitely. Having an extra B choice wasnt really what I was looking for.

Overall Id say my health is better now. I reach my fibre goal every day without the need for a B choice. I just have whatever bread or cereal I fancy. Some of which arent B choices but higher ij fibre. I was often constipated on SW and I do put it down to not enough fibre despite me having fruit or veg with every meal and my B choice.

Whatever option you choose you just want to make sure its the right thing for you. Good Luck ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Pinkoctopus I think before you do anything have a think about why you need to go back to SW.

Why did you stop going the previous times? Did you achieve your goal and fall away from group. Are you heavier now than previous starts?

SW was successful for me but I couldnt maintain my weight with it. I struggled with having no leeway with convenience foods when life was hectic. As I wasnt weighing out food to a portion, it was too easy to overeat for me while trying to balance being at target and having a life.

I put a lot of my life onhold while I did SW which was fine to lose weight but I couldnt do it indefinitely. Having an extra B choice wasnt really what I was looking for.

Overall Id say my health is better now. I reach my fibre goal every day without the need for a B choice. I just have whatever bread or cereal I fancy. Some of which arent B choices but higher ij fibre. I was often constipated on SW and I do put it down to not enough fibre despite me having fruit or veg with every meal and my B choice.

Whatever option you choose you just want to make sure its the right thing for you. Good Luck ❤
Thank you for replying ❤
For me personally, it’s the accountability that I need, I know the plan inside out and have really good success in the past but I’m an all or nothing kinda person, really great and count EVERYTHING and then say have one meal out and it goes down the drain. I have tried CC but felt I was using my calories on tit basically, not filling my plate with the “speed” element and then wondering why I didn’t loose where as I would on SW.

Of course it’s not a long term thing and I don’t want to be counting syns in 10 years but I’m hoping by then I would have a better balance with nutrition.

In my experience I never learned at all about nutrition with SW but its not to say it cant be done. (This was over a long period of time not short)

I really like tryingtodoitall_sw on Insta. She does loosely follow SW but also provides calorie counts of her meals. She has some really good highlights.

With SW I was the same and had the same mentality. If I had a meal out I wrote off my whole week as oh well Im well over syns. Either that or Id completely purge and barely eat anything.

Now I have scales that I connect automatically to an app on my phone. I dont even really check what the scales say. I just stand on them and sync it with my phone. I weigh every morn as soon as I wake up after being to the loo. I do check the app now and again but I know that because Im in a calorie deficit and its consistent the weight will come off. Is it regular? Hell no. I ovulate, I menstrate, I eat salty foods, I go out for dinner so some weeks I'll lose 2.5lbs and then go 2 weeks with no loss. I try to look at it on a monthly basis for comparison. For me if I do have lunch out or take my kids for ice cream I just have a slightly smaller main meal for that day by reducing my protein or carbs by 10g.

Also for me the convenience of buying ready mash, ready made salad boxes, rice sachets is so good. We eat a lot of the 3 for £10 Asda tinfoil container meals. My favourite is the nacho crumbed chicken. With half a sachet of rice and a side of veg its under 550 calories and minimal effort. Heavy on the protein so keeps you full.

By using your calories on 'tit' what do you mean by that? You may need to adjust your meals a bit to make sure theyre filling enough. Or figure out why youre snacking and try to do something else other than snack, like read or colour or something 😂

Reactions: 2
Some of these big accounts, it's great if you don't work like them and have the time to 'prep' everything, but as someone that works full time, alot of these big pages require alot of faffing and time dedicated to it. Also, they all seem to have more time to get their 'steps' in, which again, I don't.

Does anyone follow stephjoy? I know she’s not a strictly slimming world account any more but jeeez, I cannot be the only one tired of her constant ‘updates’. Surely that stuff is for close friends and family?

Reactions: 6
Does anyone follow stephjoy? I know she’s not a strictly slimming world account any more but jeeez, I cannot be the only one tired of her constant ‘updates’. Surely that stuff is for close friends and family?
i used to, I found her really relatable when SW but since she stopped she starting pee’ing me off so I binned her off. What’s going on?

Reactions: 1
i used to, I found her really relatable when SW but since she stopped she starting pee’ing me off so I binned her off. What’s going on?
yeah I stopped around then too because of her whining and wedding spam but someone mentioned her and I had a look.
TW
She’s recently had a miscarriage, which is obviously awful, but she’s documented everything about it on her page

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I do feel really sorry for her having been there myself, but she doesn't seem to be coping very well does she. It's all very manic

Thank you! I felt bad for thinking this but it’s constant. She went for a scan at 5 days pregnant. She seems to have met, married and been trying for a baby all very quickly.

Reactions: 7
Its too much! I feel sorry for her but her updates are so triggering it’s beyond inappropriate

Reactions: 3
In my experience I never learned at all about nutrition with SW but its not to say it cant be done. (This was over a long period of time not short)

I really like tryingtodoitall_sw on Insta. She does loosely follow SW but also provides calorie counts of her meals. She has some really good highlights.

With SW I was the same and had the same mentality. If I had a meal out I wrote off my whole week as oh well Im well over syns. Either that or Id completely purge and barely eat anything.

Now I have scales that I connect automatically to an app on my phone. I dont even really check what the scales say. I just stand on them and sync it with my phone. I weigh every morn as soon as I wake up after being to the loo. I do check the app now and again but I know that because Im in a calorie deficit and its consistent the weight will come off. Is it regular? Hell no. I ovulate, I menstrate, I eat salty foods, I go out for dinner so some weeks I'll lose 2.5lbs and then go 2 weeks with no loss. I try to look at it on a monthly basis for comparison. For me if I do have lunch out or take my kids for ice cream I just have a slightly smaller main meal for that day by reducing my protein or carbs by 10g.

Also for me the convenience of buying ready mash, ready made salad boxes, rice sachets is so good. We eat a lot of the 3 for £10 Asda tinfoil container meals. My favourite is the nacho crumbed chicken. With half a sachet of rice and a side of veg its under 550 calories and minimal effort. Heavy on the protein so keeps you full.

By using your calories on 'tit' what do you mean by that? You may need to adjust your meals a bit to make sure theyre filling enough. Or figure out why youre snacking and try to do something else other than snack, like read or colour or something 😂
I think CC is great for stuff like eating out, and convenience food definitely. I’m the sort of person who would have a Kit Kat over an apple (same amount of cals roughly) and obviously be hungry all the time.

Tbf, SW is mostly a calorie controlled diet if you follow it correctly. You’re supposed to fill a third of your plate with speed food, which actually not many people adhere to. Once you’ve got all your veg on there there’s only so much carby stuff and protein you can fit in too!

SW has got much better for eating out as well, we went to Wagamama recently and there were a few things within the 15 syns or just over I could have. The app is so good now.

Losing weight is so personal isn’t it, especially for women, like we’ve got loads of other tit to fit it in around so you’ve just got to do whatever works for you.

So this Ross fella. I was convinced he was gay. But only friends who are women. Did he really have an affair with the blonde one he said it would be like kissing his sister if they got together?

I was going to ask about Harry too.
I know Jack disappeared with everyone's money.
But I didn't realise Harry had gone too until I noticed his thread was dead
He started calorie counting then gave up to rim his new dog full time. Still works as a waiter in a golf club, drives his fathers car and wheels his Nan out every month for likes.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I had to unfollow her!
I found her so relatable in the SW days. But she got engaged and married in a little over a year and basically started trying from day one, it was all very sudden
I appreciate the sharing and for there not to be stigma over MC, but she is over sharing, I find it so uncomfortable.
Like as soon as she’s finished at the hospital, she’s in the car recording a story right away? Where’s her husband, you should be crying into his arms, not into your phone.
However in terms of weight loss, she is an incredible inspiration!

Reactions: 9
I had to unfollow her!
I found her so relatable in the SW days. But she got engaged and married in a little over a year and basically started trying from day one, it was all very sudden
I appreciate the sharing and for there not to be stigma over MC, but she is over sharing, I find it so uncomfortable.
Like as soon as she’s finished at the hospital, she’s in the car recording a story right away? Where’s her husband, you should be crying into his arms, not into your phone.
However in terms of weight loss, she is an incredible inspiration!
The rush wedding was odd especially as her twin sister was proposed to first and then Steph just weeks later, yet the sister seeming hasn’t been married yet.
That’s what I found the weirdest, yesterday she’d made posts sat IN the hospital and walking from one department to the next, why wasn’t she talking to someone who should have been with her or calling her mum or something?
I feel like someone close to her may have said something as I notice she’s been silent today.
I agree that she is inspirational with what she’s achieved but she’s making herself out to be a voice for MC. I hope she’s surrounded by love and support.

Reactions: 3
He started calorie counting then gave up to rim his new dog full time. Still works as a waiter in a golf club, drives his fathers car and wheels his Nan out every month for likes.
Has he still got instagram? I tried searching for him but all I found was his old account from his puppy fat days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.