Slimming World #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone remember this slimming world account a few years ago. I can’t for the life of me remember her name and she seems to have disappeared.
She was a single mum, I think maybe lived with parents, she was into performing and doing theatre groups. She used to often do stories out walking in the evening, maybe smoking or walking a dog?
Fatgirlslim.ish

Reactions: 1
Anyone remember that acs_sw or asl_sw, she lost about 6 stone and was becoming a consultant but then her account disappeared?

I logged my food via MFP for months to track calories. It was a pain in the proverbial, especially for created meals from scratch and not following a recipe. That and the bloody portion sizes were always in oz and cups. If nutracheck is better (and apparently it is) fair play to it, but it still didn’t change my problems with food. The people giving off about it are talking about their experiences and how they followed the SW plan, not the plan itself.

1/3 speed veg on a plate, the rest free food and always count your syns. My only real issue with SW is I need to weigh my pasta/rice/potatoes because I’m a greedy bastard and can’t judge portion size by eye. I think most people are the same, so I think they should look at that.

I don’t eat syns for the sake of it at the end of the day and no consultant I’ve ever heard has ever recommended it and I’ve had at least a dozen, not counting subs. They also talk realistically about exercise in my experience.

It’s nice, but it’s the new Nutella and I hate that it’s in everything. Nutella was definitely one of my triggers. I’d eat that straight from the jar. :sick:
Have you maintained your weight loss? No one is saying it doesn’t work whilst you’re doing it. But you’ll just gain it all the minute you stop. 95% of people do. That’s why we’re saying to stop dieting and lose weight sustainably

Reactions: 5
Too hard scanning barcodes to MFP, I’d rather go to the cults app and get spoon fed sins

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Have you maintained your weight loss? No one is saying it doesn’t work whilst you’re doing it. But you’ll just gain it all the minute you stop. 95% of people do. That’s why we’re saying to stop dieting and lose weight sustainably
Maintained for just over 2 years. All diets have to be maintained. If you stop doing the habits that lost you weight, most people will overeat their calories and put weight back on. Again, that’s nothing to do with SW, but entirely on the person.

Reactions: 10
I’m following a woman who’s lost 8.5 st, it’s amazing. But now it seems she’s obsessed with even putting on half a pound. She puts rice on her white plate and spreads it around to make it look like there’s more. I really think she’s developed an eating disorder.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
For me it isn’t necessarily the diet of SW that bothers me, my mum lost 2.5stone, but it’s the culture. So many consultants are large, most have no idea of the real plan and are just there to take your cash. Lots become consultants after losing some weight, you don’t have to get to target or maintain your losses to become and stay a constant, and then quit because it’s hard to actually make any money. It’s more like a MLM than a firm to actually help anyone.

Calorie counting can be free, no lining anyone else’s pockets for the secret of losing weight.

If it works for you, great! It fueled my binge eating and I’m now 1.5 stone heavy than when I first joined. Trying to establish healthy eating habits away from SW.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It's a year since I left the hallow halls of SW and for the last 2 months of that I was CC. This year I've put 3 stone on just through stress eating and sitting on my arse. I've found myself itching to go back to SW, even though I know it didn't really help me with my food issues, I'm still itching to eat plain boiled rice by the truckload - it's the being in a room with others that struggle that I miss. Well that the the ability to not eat all the shite!

Reactions: 5
It's a year since I left the hallow halls of SW and for the last 2 months of that I was CC. This year I've put 3 stone on just through stress eating and sitting on my arse. I've found myself itching to go back to SW, even though I know it didn't really help me with my food issues, I'm still itching to eat plain boiled rice by the truckload - it's the being in a room with others that struggle that I miss. Well that the the ability to not eat all the shite!
SW wont help, CC wont help. None of it will help until you fix it mentally in your own head. Honestly. Ive did them all, numerous times over.

Its not easy at all and yes before I went to SW I had food issues, but those were magnified massively after I attended SW.

I had CBT for other issues but over time we got chatting about food and the issues I had. It helped me so much. Im in my 30s and have been dieting on and off since I was a teenager.

If you focus on the scales it will never work, it needs to be a change in your mindset for more than the scales.

For me its why SW didnt work for me, a full week focused on 2 minutes on the scales, what those scales told me was the be all and end all, I was judged by a room full of strangers on what the scales said. Also too many restrictions on certain types of food i.e wholemeal only. If youre eating a proper balanced diet you dont need to restrict yourself to wholemeal. I get 30g of fibre or more every day now and no longer eat those all important B choices for "fibre" when half of them arent even that high in fibre anyway!

I can keep all foods in my house now and not binge. Weve still got Easter Eggs. I can buy multi packs of crisps etc and not binge.

I have whatever I fancy and theres no drawing a line or starting tomorrow. For the first time in my adult life I had food freedom. Theres no such thing as cheat meals, off plan and on plan, flexi syns. Theyre all made up concepts.

You can self refer to CBT at my GPs surgery and I didnt wait too long at all. Due to Covid its all done through telephone / zoom so its easy to do. Most employers will give you time to do it also. Some employers may even offer it through occ health.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
SW wont help, CC wont help. None of it will help until you fix it mentally in your own head. Honestly. Ive did them all, numerous times over.

Its not easy at all and yes before I went to SW I had food issues, but those were magnified massively after I attended SW.

I had CBT for other issues but over time we got chatting about food and the issues I had. It helped me so much. Im in my 30s and have been dieting on and off since I was a teenager.

If you focus on the scales it will never work, it needs to be a change in your mindset for more than the scales.

For me its why SW didnt work for me, a full week focused on 2 minutes on the scales, what those scales told me was the be all and end all, I was judged by a room full of strangers on what the scales said. Also too many restrictions on certain types of food i.e wholemeal only. If youre eating a proper balanced diet you dont need to restrict yourself to wholemeal. I get 30g of fibre or more every day now and no longer eat those all important B choices for "fibre" when half of them arent even that high in fibre anyway!

I can keep all foods in my house now and not binge. Weve still got Easter Eggs. I can buy multi packs of crisps etc and not binge.

I have whatever I fancy and theres no drawing a line or starting tomorrow. For the first time in my adult life I had food freedom. Theres no such thing as cheat meals, off plan and on plan, flexi syns. Theyre all made up concepts.

You can self refer to CBT at my GPs surgery and I didnt wait too long at all. Due to Covid its all done through telephone / zoom so its easy to do. Most employers will give you time to do it also. Some employers may even offer it through occ health.
Funny you should say CBT, I have worked with a therapist on some strategies again for other things rather than food. This morning I have been referred to Psychiatry UK for some tests to see if I have some other things going on in my cuckoo head.

Reactions: 2
Funny you should say CBT, I have worked with a therapist on some strategies again for other things rather than food. This morning I have been referred to Psychiatry UK for some tests to see if I have some other things going on in my cuckoo head.
Good luck! :) its hard to take that first step sometimes. Theres more to life than what you weigh and what you eat I promise. You are not how you look or what dress size you wear.

When I think of my friends or family who I have or who Ive lost I never describe them physically, EVER. Its who they are as people that matters to me :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8

This is me to a T. Binge eater through and through. I even went to see my GP and burst into tears in his office, he made me feel like an idiot and had never even heard of binge eating disorder. He was an hole, and I didn't go bacn. So I'm back to slimming world 🙄.
Honestly am so tired of being on plan, or off and bingeing. I know slimming world doesn't help but I do lose weight on it. I prefer calorie counting but working permanent nights at the moment it's just not do-able for me. Wonder if I'll ever be free of the worries surrounding food!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

This is probably the most sensible and thought provoking post I’ve ever come across on this site 👍🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.