Slimming World #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TLDR of the last thread.

People giving off about Slimming World apparently wrecking their relationship with food then writing paragraphs about how to to work out calories which sounds like ten times more effort than Slimming World.

Bollocks to that. :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
TLDR of the last thread.

People giving off about Slimming World apparently wrecking their relationship with food then writing paragraphs about how to to work out calories which sounds like ten times more effort than Slimming World.

It’s not much effort at all, simply add what food you are eating to the cal counting app rather than logging/writing down your syns 🤷🏼‍♀️
Different things work for different people, cal counting personally worked better for me and made me eat much more sensibly. But SW works well for others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
There is no 'apparently' about it. I think thats really insulting if Im honest and not at all nice when people have ended up with eating disorders.

SW does work for some people, doesnt work for me to live a healthy sustainable life 🤷‍♀️ gave me absolutely atrocious eating habits. Maybe its the type of person I am that caused it but combined with SW it was a recipe for disaster.

If youve lost weight on SW and maintained it, I also think thats amazing, would never ever knock anyone for that. I always say losing weight isnt the hard part its maintaining it. If following SW is what suits you to maintain your weight then genuinely Im pleased youve found something that suits you.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I've got to disagree with the "ten times more effort than slimming world" thing. I've lost 3 stone calorie counting, and it honestly takes me about three minutes a day to log my calories.

Not here to bash slimming world, pleased for anyone who has found the best way for them to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle, whatever that might be. Just here for the SW instagrammers hacking the system with their baked oats piled high with biscoff 🤣 and syn plates (since this thread is in the Instagrammers section after all!)

• Heart
Reactions: 28
There is no 'apparently' about it. I think thats really insulting if Im honest and not at all nice when people have ended up with eating disorders.
Having done all the plans including calorie counting lots of times, there is nothing about SW that wrecks a relationship with food. That’s entirely on the person doing it and whatever version they think they’re following.

I calorie counted and always ended up starving as I always left myself with way too few calories at the end of the day having used my ‘freedom’ to make stupid choices. That wasn’t the fault of calorie counting though. That was mine alone.

If you think it was insulting, sorry, but that’s my experience. My disordered eating dated from well before my time using any diet. Hence me needing a diet in the first place.

I've got to disagree with the "ten times more effort than slimming world" thing. I've lost 3 stone calorie counting, and it honestly takes me about three minutes a day to log my calories.

Not here to bash slimming world, pleased for anyone who has found the best way for them to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle, whatever that might be. Just here for the SW instagrammers hacking the system with their baked oats piled high with biscoff 🤣 and syn plates (since this thread is in the Instagrammers section after all!)
I can disagree with the first part. I don’t even log my syns anymore, so that’s even less time.

That said, I’m 100% on board with the baked oats and biscoff hate. That’s why I’m here. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Having done all the plans including calorie counting lots of times, there is nothing about SW that wrecks a relationship with food. That’s entirely on the person doing it and whatever version they think they’re following.

I calorie counted and always ended up starving as I always left myself with way too few calories at the end of the day having used my ‘freedom’ to make stupid choices. That wasn’t the fault of calorie counting though. That was mine alone.

If you think it was insulting, sorry, but that’s my experience. My disordered eating dated from well before my time using any diet. Hence me needing a diet in the first place.

I can disagree with the first part. I don’t even log my syns anymore, so that’s even less time.

That said, I’m 100% on board with the baked oats and biscoff hate. That’s why I’m here. :ROFLMAO:
Completely agree. No part of the plan tells you to starve all day before weigh in, treat night after etc. I hate CC and find it time consuming and stressful. Been there, done them all and SW proved the best for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
No plan tells you to starve all day but calorie counting doesnt require me to sit in front of a large group of people and justify why Ive gained half a pound. Or listen to people telling us how theyve had 3 takeaways and a night on the last but managed to lose 2lbs. I have severe anxiety that Im medicated for. The thought of having to explain myself was terrifying.

Having to justify any maintain or gain with a story or declaring the ins and outs of my menstrual cycle to a large group of people, including men who probably couldnt care less.

SW did not give me any knowledge of nutrition at all. It didnt teach me that if I had a salty meal before weigh in that the scales might not show any success that week. I lost 5 stone on SW but didnt really fully understand losing weight. I only understood SW. Ive told the story of a consultant I had who would shame you if you only lost 1lb, and others seemed to agree theyd had consultants like that. Also every consultant I ever had poo pooed any form of exercise which now seems mental to me?

So yeah it did totally alter my relationship with food. Ive not gained 5 stone back or anything but I definitely couldnt maintain my weight eating the SW way because it doesnt suit me. I lost most of my weight before all the codes and affilate links. It does suit some people and if its worked for you, amazing.

Back to the biscoff breakfasts..... although I do like a biscoff biccie. Perfect biscuit to pair with coffee imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
My consultant text to say we are back at group this week......errrrr no, I'm joining online now. Sitting in those stupid groups when I could be anywhere else....like watching paint dry!

Reactions: 10
TLDR of the last thread.

Wow. "Apparently" wanna minimise or invalidate anymore?

The fact that you said in your first post, that calorie counting *sounds like* effort, tells me you're bullshitting that you've actually done it. Also, you've done a great job minimising experiences, by saying "apparently" people have had issues. They have. They're real. As uncomfortable as that is.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Is this a place we can mention accounts? Yasmin Lauren sw / lifestyle, I think she has switched to calorie counting but was one of the big slimming world accounts. She seems to have dropped off the face of the earth for the last month. Anyone know where she’s gone or why?

Reactions: 2
I lost 6 stone on slimming world! I had my little boy and got really bad PND which resulted in me putting it all back on plus an extra stone. I've tried calorie counting and weight watchers since and I just cant do it! So I'm starting sw again tomorrow because it's the only diet that has worked for me. I actually follow the plan correctly though 🤣🤣 no biscoff for me!!

Disordered eating can appear at any time in a persons life for many different reasons. Slimming World caused mine, before that there was zero issue and tbh when I first walked in there with a friend, I was 5 foot 6 and just over 10 stone. The correct thing to do would have been to turn me around and show me the door. But no, on paper my minimum “healthy” weight was 9 stone 1. Took my money and in my head I thought oh my god I must be too big or they wouldn’t have let me join. Belittling others experiences and eye rolling really isn’t the one here. Whatever works for the individual is great. From the thread title I was under the impression good and bad would be shared here. Written a paragraph….my bad
ETA at my height, at 9.1 I look like a walking bag of bones

Last edited:
I lost 6 stone on slimming world! I had my little boy and got really bad PND which resulted in me putting it all back on plus an extra stone. I've tried calorie counting and weight watchers since and I just cant do it! So I'm starting sw again tomorrow because it's the only diet that has worked for me. I actually follow the plan correctly though 🤣🤣 no biscoff for me!!
I’m a biscoff lover 😂😂😂 lost all my weight and stayed at target and still continue to have biscoff 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is this a place we can mention accounts? Yasmin Lauren sw / lifestyle, I think she has switched to calorie counting but was one of the big slimming world accounts. She seems to have dropped off the face of the earth for the last month. Anyone know where she’s gone or why?
Yes! It's in the Instagramers section after all.

I'm sorry for the biscoff lovers but I really don't get the hype 🤣

Reactions: 9
Wow. "Apparently" wanna minimise or invalidate anymore?

The fact that you said in your first post, that calorie counting *sounds like* effort, tells me you're bullshitting that you've actually done it. Also, you've done a great job minimising experiences, by saying "apparently" people have had issues. They have. They're real. As uncomfortable as that is.
I logged my food via MFP for months to track calories. It was a pain in the proverbial, especially for created meals from scratch and not following a recipe. That and the bloody portion sizes were always in oz and cups. If nutracheck is better (and apparently it is) fair play to it, but it still didn’t change my problems with food. The people giving off about it are talking about their experiences and how they followed the SW plan, not the plan itself.

1/3 speed veg on a plate, the rest free food and always count your syns. My only real issue with SW is I need to weigh my pasta/rice/potatoes because I’m a greedy bastard and can’t judge portion size by eye. I think most people are the same, so I think they should look at that.

I don’t eat syns for the sake of it at the end of the day and no consultant I’ve ever heard has ever recommended it and I’ve had at least a dozen, not counting subs. They also talk realistically about exercise in my experience.

I'm sorry for the biscoff lovers but I really don't get the hype 🤣
It’s nice, but it’s the new Nutella and I hate that it’s in everything. Nutella was definitely one of my triggers. I’d eat that straight from the jar. :sick:

Reactions: 9
Looking for people to follow near me.... anyone from Coventry? 😊
I am originally from near Kidderminster which is not very far I now live close to Oxford now. I don’t have a dedicated Instagram account to my slimming journey. I mainly use Instagram for research into matters that clients talk about or to be generally nosey. Slimming anxieties and scam money making schemes.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember this slimming world account a few years ago. I can’t for the life of me remember her name and she seems to have disappeared.
She was a single mum, I think maybe lived with parents, she was into performing and doing theatre groups. She used to often do stories out walking in the evening, maybe smoking or walking a dog?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.