Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for these tips! I have had BIAB a couple of times recently and I’m just not getting on with it at all. I am a bit heavy handed so thought it would be great for me, but it seems to have made my nails so brittle that the merest knock at the wrong angle and my entire gel nail will ping off. At least with gel or silk extensions they’ll bend, chip or peel before coming off completely. This time I’ve lost 6 in less than two weeks - once I was only turn the shower tap on 🥴. This can’t be normal, right?

Reactions: 1
Help me please! I’m mid 30s, relatively young looking but starting to become quite conscious of the beginnings of wrinkles (forehead, crows feet) especially as I’ve lost some weight recently.

current skincare routine is something along these lines:
Clinique 7day scrub once a week
Am - cleanse with cerave moisturising cleanser, niacinamide (the ordinary), the ordinary natural moisturise factors, plus spf 50

Pm - as above but with glycolic acid toner after cleansing and no7 night cream. I also use retinol once A week

I have visible pores/sebaceous filament around my nose and chin, prone to the odd spot on my t zone and dry cheeks.

Most of my skincare is on its last legs, so what can would you guys recommend switching up to halt/reduce some of the wrinkles and spottiness…

thank you!

Help me please! I’m mid 30s, relatively young looking but starting to become quite conscious of the beginnings of wrinkles (forehead, crows feet) especially as I’ve lost some weight recently.

Am - cleanse with cerave moisturising cleanser, niacinamide (the ordinary), the ordinary natural moisturise factors, plus spf 50

Pm - as above but with glycolic acid toner after cleansing and no7 night cream. I also use retinol once A week

I have visible pores/sebaceous filament around my nose and chin, prone to the odd spot on my t zone and dry cheeks.

Most of my skincare is on its last legs, so what can would you guys recommend switching up to halt/reduce some of the wrinkles and spottiness…

thank you!
Have you looked into Skin+me or Dermatica subscriptions? They're monthly, but some people just use the formula every other night and order bi monthly instead which makes it cheaper. It would help with breakouts and anti aging.

thank you!
Your skin sounds similar to mine. I recently started getting hydrafacials and they are spenny but have made such a difference to my skin, I can’t stop raving about them 🤣

I use the Fresh! Sugar scrub 2 times a week and it’s helped my skin a lot as well if you’re in the market for a new scrub.

I did my own gel nails tonight and I used a builder gel under the colour and, to be honest, they look better than the ones I got done in a salon! Jury is obviously out on how long they last, though! Interesting somewhere local does do IBX so I reckon that would be my next port of call if these gels fail as quickly as the last ones 😊 I also found more nail oil so I’m going to try and keep some everywhere (work, by the sofa where I watch tv, bedside table, dressing table) to get me into the oil habit) and we’ll see if I can’t perk up these nails and finally have the hands of a professional adult!

Reactions: 2
Getting old and struggling with ageing skin. Want to use a decent sunblock for my face in this heatwave as lockdown stress really accelerated my wrinkles and age spots etc
Every sunblock I use no matter what formulation just makes my eyes sting so much I can't open them and bright red
I feel ugly and walking around with one eye shut is impractical.
I can't wear make up because of it , not that I do wear makeup much anymore but nice to have the option.
Washing it off just hurts my eyes more, they feel so scratched
Please advise!

Getting old and struggling with ageing skin. Want to use a decent sunblock for my face in this heatwave as lockdown stress really accelerated my wrinkles and age spots etc
Every sunblock I use no matter what formulation just makes my eyes sting so much I can't open them and bright red
I can't wear make up because of it , not that I do wear makeup much anymore but nice to have the option.
Please advise!
I recently got a tube of the bioré watery essence and it's so lovely! No stinging, super light fluid. I ordered from Stylevana, which can take a while for delivery due to it being sent from Hong Kong, but there are other sites that sell it I think, including eBay. I struggle with my eyes and SPF too, but this has honestly been great.

Reactions: 3
Do you use an eye cream or another moisturizer under your sunscreen? That can make the sunscreen slide into your eyes...

My undying sunscreen love is Bioré sun Watery Essence, it's the absolute best, very light and doesn't sting at all, it's one of the very few that doesn't creep into my eyes.

Thanks both I'll look out for it, in the meantime I'm going to try boots baby section, wish me luck 🤣😭❤‍🩹

Please advise!
I’ve e started using Avene 50 spf with added tint
I’m washing my face with superdrug vitamin c wash and recently started using Olay with retinol for night. In just a few weeks my skin is brighter and fresh looking.

I’ve e started using Avene 50 spf with added tint
I’m washing my face with superdrug vitamin c wash and recently started using Olay with retinol for night. In just a few weeks my skin is brighter and fresh looking.
Fab I need to work my way through the many many products I just don't use before I buy too much more. I buy things, forget I bought them (lots of other stuff going on, life is hectic, sometimes self care is bottom of a long list)
I bought a load of stuff in boots sale today, la Roche posay and maybe avene, can't remember but it was french SPF 50 stuff and they all specifically said non eye stingy formula on the boxes and I bought some of their children's products too so hopefully enough for me and the kids for the rest of the summer and then double up as nicer skin cream over autumn winter!

Reactions: 4
Thanks for these tips! I have had BIAB a couple of times recently and I’m just not getting on with it at all. I am a bit heavy handed so thought it would be great for me, but it seems to have made my nails so brittle that the merest knock at the wrong angle and my entire gel nail will ping off. At least with gel or silk extensions they’ll bend, chip or peel before coming off completely. This time I’ve lost 6 in less than two weeks - once I was only turn the shower tap on 🥴. This can’t be normal, right?
Def not right @bellinibobble ive been having it since Christmas and I think it’s great. Don’t get me wrong I have broken a few during that time, but overall really happy with it. I get it done every 3-4 weeks, any long and my nails get too long and start to annoy me. Maybe go to a different salon and see if you have a better experience

• Heart
Def not right @bellinibobble ive been having it since Christmas and I think it’s great. Don’t get me wrong I have broken a few during that time, but overall really happy with it. I get it done every 3-4 weeks, any long and my nails get too long and start to annoy me. Maybe go to a different salon and see if you have a better experience
Thanks I will do! I know I’m clumsy with my hands but really 🥴 glad to know it doesn’t sound right! 🤍

• Heart
4C8DD44D-1DC1-4380-B786-E1C4C5949EF7.jpeg

Bought these Lidl Garnier mask dupes today. I bet they’re just as good! Going to try the Sakura one later and use my Gua Sha after.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Has anyone ever used Medik8? It was recommended to me recently as I have spotty skin. I like to sound of it but it is pretty expensive 😬

These day/night creams in particular look good.

Has anyone ever used Medik8? It was recommended to me recently as I have spotty skin. I like to sound of it but it is pretty expensive 😬

These day/night creams in particular look good.

I’ve only used MediK8 retinol and their face wash (I think it’s called pore cleanse) but I really love both of them. Their vitamin C serum is meant to be amazing also. Very pricey but I think it’s worth it!

I’ve only used MediK8 retinol and their face wash (I think it’s called pore cleanse) but I really love both of them. Their vitamin C serum is meant to be amazing also. Very pricey but I think it’s worth it!
I agree. I'd sign up to their emails and wait for a 20% off code.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.