Skin care - tell me all of the advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone's after an SPF recommendation, I've been using Cetaphil for the last couple weeks and it's been pretty good. A lot of them make my eyes red and itchy but this has been fine. Not too greasy on either and no breakouts yet

It wasn't too expensive - I think it's usually about £9-10 but I got it for £6 on offer in Sainsbury's

-Bondi Sands Hydra SPF 50 (buy the body one, same ingredients as the face one and cheaper as its a huge bottle)
-Boots Soltan SPF 50 Sensitive (body again for the same reasons)

I have dry, sensitive skin and neither of these irritate my skin or eyes (you need fragrance free to avoid eye irritation).

Reactions: 3
Yep, love the vitamin C cleanser and the azealic acid serum
The cream cleanser one? Love that too! I’ve been really liking their bakluronic moisturiser and their pore serum as well as their pro night cream too. I also really enjoy the packaging, particularly as I think it looks more expensive than it is lol

The cream cleanser one? Love that too! I’ve been really liking their bakluronic moisturiser and their pore serum as well as their pro night cream too. I also really enjoy the packaging, particularly as I think it looks more expensive than it is lol
Yeah, the cream cleanser - it's my favourite. I usually switch between that and the Superdrug Bit E one if I'm really skint

I've had mixed results with them - tried the Face Theory Exaglow Serum but it did absolutely nothing so I might try the pore serum next. But when they work for me, they really work. Also, their discounts and reward points are so generous? It's not like they're pricey to begin with but I somehow manage to get at least a tenner off every order 😆

Reactions: 1
Yeah, the cream cleanser - it's my favourite. I usually switch between that and the Superdrug Bit E one if I'm really skint

I've had mixed results with them - tried the Face Theory Exaglow Serum but it did absolutely nothing so I might try the pore serum next. But when they work for me, they really work. Also, their discounts and reward points are so generous? It's not like they're pricey to begin with but I somehow manage to get at least a tenner off every order 😆
Yeah that’s a bonus too! I feel like it’s great value and really like that any product can be ordered scented or fragrance free as well. I like their wee quiz too though I have ignored it lol. I’ve definitely felt my skin is better since using it, and in particular my current routine which includes the pore bright!

Oh I also like their perfume though it does smell a bit like a hippy shop lol, always get told I smell like a spa when I wear it lol. It’s just esssential oils I think

Hi everyone 😊

Can someone please give me recommendations for some slight spot (not acne) scarring on my face? Thanks!

Hi everyone 😊

Can someone please give me recommendations for some slight spot (not acne) scarring on my face? Thanks!
I had a scar on my forehead from when I fell on some ice about 8 months ago. Anyway, once the injury had healed and I could use skincare on the area again, I went back to using my retinol and it’s faded the scar to the point you can hardly see it. It must be the resurfacing action of the retinol that works on the scarring.
I initially used some left over tretinoin from Dermatica, but once that was gone I switched back to Medik8 Cristal Retinal and it works a treat.
I hope this is helpful for you 😊

I had a scar on my forehead from when I fell on some ice about 8 months ago. Anyway, once the injury had healed and I could use skincare on the area again, I went back to using my retinol and it’s faded the scar to the point you can hardly see it. It must be the resurfacing action of the retinol that works on the scarring.
I initially used some left over tretinoin from Dermatica, but once that was gone I switched back to Medik8 Cristal Retinal and it works a treat.
I hope this is helpful for you 😊
Thank you so much! What retinol did you use?

I use what Shineyshine uses which is the medik8 crystal retinal, if you’ve never used retinol before then I would start at 1 or 3 depending on whether you’re sensitive or not and then build up that way.

The inkey list retinol is also lovely and great for beginners
Thank you so much! What retinol did you use?

Reactions: 2
I use what Shineyshine uses which is the medik8 crystal retinal, if you’ve never used retinol before then I would start at 1 or 3 depending on whether you’re sensitive or not and then build up that way.

The inkey list retinol is also lovely and great for beginners
Thank you so much 😊 Super helpful!!

Today I put my under eye highlighter on with a brush and it just sat on my skin. From far it looked ok but close up it was patchy and noticeable. Tbh I never do a great job. Advice appreciated

Today I put my under eye highlighter on with a brush and it just sat on my skin. From far it looked ok but close up it was patchy and noticeable. Tbh I never do a great job. Advice appreciated
What do you apply under it and over it?
The best and most subtle highlighter I've seen was done under foundation and then blended in with it. Looks very natural even if you use a bit more product and not like a block of shimmer, which I find some products tend to give you, they don't blend very well.

Has anyone been using fish ointment for a longer time? it helps soothe my sore eye area after too much reading. Apparently it's a great anti-ageing stuff.

Is anyone else's nose soooo dry and textured all the time no matter what amount or type of moisturiser you apply? Not sure if this is something a glycolic acid could help with?

Reactions: 3
Not quite skincare but nailcare, which is close right?

I’ve never been very good with my nails, long term biter (still bite them when very stressed unless I am hyper aware), I’m also terrible for picking at the skin around my nails. I just tried a builder gel manicure (not extensions, just the biab stuff onto my natural nail) and it was ok, but I don’t know if it was very well applied. I have tried to apply oil at least once a day to my cuticles but I didnt make it to a fortnight before they started peeling off my nails from the nail bed. I don’t remember her buffing my nails for a key, although she might have done but I think the just filed them.
They should last more than two weeks, right? They didn’t look a whole lot better than when I’ve done my own gel nails.

Anyway, my whinging aside, what should I do myself to make my nails better/stronger/less prone to growing a bit wonky/breaking? The gel helped my urge to bite them, but I don’t know that a fortnightly manicure in a cost of living crisis is the best move I’ve ever made! I’d go back to doing them myself but I don’t want to make them any worse.

Is anyone else's nose soooo dry and textured all the time no matter what amount or type of moisturiser you apply? Not sure if this is something a glycolic acid could help with?
Yes exfoliating 2-3 times a week with either a glycolic, lactic or salicylic acid would help with texture and dryness getting rid of dead skin cells! What moisturizers have you used? You could look at getting more hydration in your routine or moisturizers with ceramides in - Dr Jart+ ceramidin range is good for these.

Not quite skincare but nailcare, which is close right?

I’ve never been very good with my nails, long term biter (still bite them when very stressed unless I am hyper aware), I’m also terrible for picking at the skin around my nails. I just tried a builder gel manicure (not extensions, just the biab stuff onto my natural nail) and it was ok, but I don’t know if it was very well applied. I have tried to apply oil at least once a day to my cuticles but I didnt make it to a fortnight before they started peeling off my nails from the nail bed. I don’t remember her buffing my nails for a key, although she might have done but I think the just filed them.
They should last more than two weeks, right? They didn’t look a whole lot better than when I’ve done my own gel nails.

Anyway, my whinging aside, what should I do myself to make my nails better/stronger/less prone to growing a bit wonky/breaking? The gel helped my urge to bite them, but I don’t know that a fortnightly manicure in a cost of living crisis is the best move I’ve ever made! I’d go back to doing them myself but I don’t want to make them any worse.
Depends on the brand really, ideally she should be pushing back and cutting your cuticles, filing and dehydrating the nail before going in and then when painting not going too close to the nail bed and capping the edges. I do mine at home with a hard/builder gel and mine last more than two weeks. It is one of the better ways to grow and stop biting and breaking though … BIAB shoild last 2-3 weeks before needing an infill

Depends on the brand really, ideally she should be pushing back and cutting your cuticles, filing and dehydrating the nail before going in and then when painting not going too close to the nail bed and capping the edges. I do mine at home with a hard/builder gel and mine last more than two weeks. It is one of the better ways to grow and stop biting and breaking though … BIAB shoild last 2-3 weeks before needing an infill
she definitely pushed back and trimmed my cuticles. I’m not convinced the nails got buffed, though, but they did get dehydrated. I have quite small nail beds because I’ve been a long term biter, so I don’t know if getting too close to the edges was unavoidable. I’ve got an at home gel kit and I’ve just ordered a bottle of BIAB, perhaps if I practice enough I’ll be able to do it myself, I was never going to make it to an infill this time!

she definitely pushed back and trimmed my cuticles. I’m not convinced the nails got buffed, though, but they did get dehydrated. I have quite small nail beds because I’ve been a long term biter, so I don’t know if getting too close to the edges was unavoidable. I’ve got an at home gel kit and I’ve just ordered a bottle of BIAB, perhaps if I practice enough I’ll be able to do it myself, I was never going to make it to an infill this time!
Might be worth seeing is anyone near you offers IBX.

Instead of BIAB which is just a hard gel layer over your nail, IBX is a treatment that is actually absorbed by the nail and makes them stronger over time.

I have gel polish put over the top so I have something to show for going to the beautician haha. But my nails are the longest and strongest they have ever been since having it. Only took about 3 treatments (once every 3 weeks) for my nails to be strong enough to have them long. These are my natural nails no tips etc. And i managed to leave them for a further 4 weeks so they were really long by the time I got them infilled and no breakages/peeling/snapping etc.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Might be worth seeing is anyone near you offers IBX.

Instead of BIAB which is just a hard gel layer over your nail, IBX is a treatment that is actually absorbed by the nail and makes them stronger over time.

I have gel polish put over the top so I have something to show for going to the beautician haha. But my nails are the longest and strongest they have ever been since having it. Only took about 3 treatments (once every 3 weeks) for my nails to be strong enough to have them long. These are my natural nails no tips etc. And i managed to leave them for a further 4 weeks so they were really long by the time I got them infilled and no breakages/peeling/snapping etc.
Your nails look amazing! Thanks for this tip, I’ll have a look about!

Your nails look amazing! Thanks for this tip, I’ll have a look about!
Thanks! It isn't offered everywhere there are only a couple of places I know of in the town I work/live but it is great. My nails are normally really weak and don't grow.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.