Sister in law stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My ex sil is lovely, so sweet, a good laugh and just lovely. Then the idiot bil cheated on her and is now with that one, she’s awful. Brags about how she won him. all the family turned on ex sil, she completely took him to the cleaners and got every single penny she could😂. I may have pretended to dislike her at that point so i the rest told me stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ones not talking to me or I her, yet. We said hello when we had a family meal but otherwise ignored each other. The other one is okay but I don't trust her. She sucks up to the other one in front of her but witches behind her back, so I imagine she does the same too me. Ironically they are both a lot older than me (13 and 17ish years) so should grow up. Luckily I don't actually see them as sisters or anything.

I do see my ex sister in law as more, we grew up together and have a lot in common and been through a lot together. This annoys husband but what can you do? The older I get the more I realise its life, we can't get on with everybody, even if we try to.

So new philosophy for 2022 is just be civil, as it doesn't cost anything. Even if it'll annoy me internally 🤣

Reactions: 7
My fiancé has a young teen sister with the looks of Carrie Underwood and demeanour of Rhoda Penmark. Thankfully his family lives in the USA but I avoid her whenever I see them. He says he's not scared of her and she cried when he stole her M&Ms at Halloween :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Mine turned up to our wedding in a white see through top and white see through trousers with white (yup, you guessed it, see through) sparkly underwear underneath.

What more do you need to know?!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I have one (married to my husband's brother) who is amazing - like a sister. She's great fun, and normal; just a true salt of the earth character.

But my other one (my husband's sister) is the opposite. I think she just looks for excuses to be miserable. I've tried so hard with her over the years but have resigned myself to the fact we're never going to be close. When I first met her, she was amazing - super-friendly, wanted to do everything together all the time ... then she just cooled overnight. I don't think I even did anything - she goes hot and cold on people all the time, and once they're at the cold part (to her), they're well and truly in the freezer. She loves to witch about people to her mum as if what she's saying is fact, which my MiL seems to revel in ... ugh; just awful.

It used to really bother me ... but at some point I just decided life's too short to care about that sort of rubbish. If that's the way they want to spend their lives then so be it; I just try to have minimal contact with them now.

I have 2. One is really aloof and I’ve probably only ever seen her twice in my life. She tends to distance herself from her entire toxic family.

The other one is intrusive, would turn up several times a week when my son was a newborn. Without prior announcement and always just walk through the back gate where she would park her giant backside talking loads of tit for the best part of the day. The interest has wained off since my son got a bit older, she is self confessed crazy about newborn babies and has lots of children herself. She would ask if she could have him overnight at hers from as little as a week old! Which I would always have to find an excuse not to rather than an outright “no” as she’s very easily offended. She took him to town one day in his pram where she lapped up all the attention of people thinking she had another baby. She’s a backstabber often talking bad about people she claims to be really close to - I often wonder what she says to says to others about me, she’s quite conniving and very money orientated - I’ve had warnings from her own brothers and mother not to leave anything of significant monetary value laying around in her vicinity. She looks like Peter Kay wearing a wig and has a hen pecked partner, half her size and is a weasel of a man, who she never lets leave her side (he’s always in tow). I think I’ve only ever heard him utter a few words! He has a ginger beard that collects dust and walks like Mr Soft from the old toilet roll adverts.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
She looks like Peter Kay wearing a wig and has a hen pecked partner, half her size and is a weasel of a man, who she never lets leave her side (he’s always in tow). I think I’ve only ever heard him utter a few words! He has a ginger beard that collects dust and walks like Mr Soft from the old toilet roll adverts.
This description is epic 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
parking myself here. need to keep up with these stories as I've never related more hahah! do you think they learn from evil MILS

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My SIL is a real peach. Has constantly dragged down my wife and knocked her confidence, is a racist bigot, cheap (she knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing), gossip and jealous. I really hate going to see her but her daughter is the complete opposite and is really well grounded. (Even she rolls her eyes at SIL)

Last year at New Years I made a secret pact with myself to go as long as I possibly could without seeing my idiot SIL. I made it to Feb 15th or something when she happened to be at the MILs when I turned up. This year I'm aiming for at least end of March/maybe even April. One of her kids is born in April so if I can make it to their birthday without seeing her before I'll feel like I've really accomplished something :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
SIL is a control freak - hates anyone else planning family events but other than that, she's alright.

The no. 1 reason I have some bitterness towards her is when we were about 6 months away from our wedding, she announced her and her fiancee had moved up their wedding date (it was originally meant to be more than a year after ours, we checked before we chose a date for our wedding as we didn't want to have them too close together because it can be awkward for family) - their new wedding date was 3 weeks after ours. I was very annoyed. Her hen party was literally days before husband and I's wedding. I don't know what she was thinking.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Mine is lovely but sometimes it feels like she sees us as in competition with each other 🤷‍♀️

Omg I need a brother in law page.
While I was in emergency surgery having a ruptured fallopian tube from an ectopic pregnancy removed, he called my husband and said "I don't know why you're so upset, it's not like it was even a proper baby".
Well firstly when it's a long planned for and wanted pregnancy then yes it does feel like a "proper baby" and secondly I was in emergency surgery 🥴.
He has also attacked my MIL, breaking her phone and biting her face. But he is still and always has been golden boy. Still lives with her now at 30 years old.

We haven't spoken to him for 10 years!

Oh and he got my husbands number from MIL and text a load of abuse on my birthday last year about how I control and am abusive towards my husband because its me stopping him from seeing him. Husband gave him both barrels and said we don't see you because you're a psychopath.

Bloody In laws I tell ya 😆😆😆

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
While I was in emergency surgery having a ruptured fallopian tube from an ectopic pregnancy removed, he called my husband and said "I don't know why you're so upset, it's not like it was even a proper baby".
Well firstly when it's a long planned for and wanted pregnancy then yes it does feel like a "proper baby" and secondly I was in emergency surgery 🥴.
He has also attacked my MIL, breaking her phone and biting her face. But he is still and always has been golden boy. Still lives with her now at 30 years old.

Oh and he got my husbands number from MIL and text a load of abuse on my birthday last year about how I control and am abusive towards my husband because its me stopping him from seeing him. Husband gave him both barrels and said we don't see you because you're a psychopath.

Wow! He sounds seriously disturbed. I don’t blame you for keeping your distance.

Reactions: 4

he BIT her FACE? Bloody hell

Definately a BIL thread needed! Mine is also a maniac. He got 18 weeks in jail for throwing a brick through MILs window in the early hours of the morning, dragging her out of the house and throttling her. The neighbours had to unprise his fingers from his own mothers neck. He only served half of the sentence too - MIL as usual would have downplayed the whole thing to the police. Whilst what he did to her was disgusting and unacceptable it’s been hard to be sympathetic, MIL and FIL totally enable his behaviour and allow him to do wreckless crap to them again and again, they have had various non-mol orders against him over the years and allow him to covertly break them. He is the “baby” and “favourite” of the family and they treat him and refer to him as such, often defending his behaviour, buying his underpants and proverbially wiping his arse despite being in his early 30s and maintaining a long term relationship with a bunny boiler who is known for slashing her arms when they argue. Not just little nicks either - the full on deep to the bone sort that require trips to A&E. Her arms are a mess.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Mine is lovely but she was raised in a bubble so we both see the world very differently.

For example she doesn't beleive in telling kids about santa as its lying to them. Which makes me laugh as shes religious. I can take a kid to see santa every year but cant take a child to see god.

Also its zero disney in their house, and considering Im a massive disney fan this upsets me 😂

• Haha
Mine is lovely but she was raised in a bubble so we both see the world very differently.

For example she doesn't beleive in telling kids about santa as its lying to them. Which makes me laugh as shes religious. I can take a kid to see santa every year but cant take a child to see god.

Also its zero disney in their house, and considering Im a massive disney fan this upsets me 😂
She sounds like she'd be fun at parties 🥴 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5