Sister in law stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I know on here there is a thread for mother in law stories so I thought I would make one for sister in law storys
I have 2 SILs 1 good, 1 bad I have 3 brothers with an bit of a age gap 2 older and one younger I'm 23 (40,31,23,20) and 3 nephews from brother A (17,8,2), I'm the only girl (b,b,g,b) brother A wife is evil and brother B girlfriend is nice Brother A Has been with her for around 16 years i think I was 6/7 when they got together, this brother has a son (my nephew) from previous relationship who at the time was nearly 1, she seemed nice growing up and would often do my hair or makeup but sometimes she could be really sooty and bossy And try to tell me and my little brother what to do Fast forward like 9 years later (I was 13/14) and they has their first son together (brothers 2nd) before he was born we went on a family caravan holiday like we did every year that was the last year we did that after having her son, her attitude changed towards me and never spoke to me. When I was 16 instead of going to prom we went camping she didn't turn up even tho I invited her my brother and nephews did tho At 18 she banned me their wedding and from seeing the kids brother used to sneak them to see me and my brother and sent me away with my cousins and she slagged me off to her entire family saying I was horrible to the kids, her and I was a drunk and druggie, and hated the fact me and brother were close and my brother had a nickname which he gave me when I was small and he still sometimes uses it today and she thinks it's weird She attended both my grandparents (4 weeks apart) and uncle funerals and dirty look me all 3 times (I so wanted to punch her) Then bragged to people how she was their when my nan passed away and I wasn't bothered and didn't care (I didn't leave my room for weeks or eat I was so distraught) and I uses drugs and alcohol In 2019 They went on to have a 2nd son (brothers 3rd) I had to find out he was born over Facebook through my mam because she had blocked me on her and my brothers accounts to this day I was fuming because he told I'd get a special part to play in his life but never happen times first time i met him he was nearly 1 and we literally live around the corner from each other and when she found out I moved near they moved to the other end of the area 😭 I moved their for support after dv I swear she controlling him Every year I use to buy her a birthday and Christmas present as I bought the kids and brother so didn't wanna leave her out never or I'd text her to say happy birthday never once got a reply or thank you so stop buying her things I still buy for the kids and brother . At my last birthday meal last year before covid hit she didn't allow my nephew to go, only my brother and my oldest nephew came (brother son) She makes my brother or mam shop for mine coz she won't buy for the spoilt little girl And she hates that the boys always fuss over me being the only girl I know she jealous coz she's not the only girl in his life She also uses the fact the I'm not technically biologically blood related to my brother and nephews (I was adopted but have been I've been in this family since birth and so was my 20 year old brother (we aren't blood siblings), the older two are full blood siblings) and has actually told my oldest nephew (brothers son) that I'm not his aunt now that hurt me so I had to explain it to him he was only like 7/8 at the time I dread thinking I'd she mentioned it to my other nephew She also invited loads of her friends and people I had no idea who they were to my 18th I no longer feel close to my big brother or my nephews or know what they are into or anything my brother has to lie to bring them to see me 😭 I moved to the same area a few months ago after been away from home and they just up and moved and I feel like she made them move because of me other brother has been with his girlfriend for around 5 years she cool she a few years older than me she like the sister I never had she's gonna teach me how to kickbox when things reopen properly I don't really know much about her she very quiet and seems very caring always helps my idiot brother buy a good present
about a month ago I seen my brother and youngest nephew (age 2) we went to the beach and had fish n chips and ice cream and the amusements and we won each other a teddy and then a few weeks ago I've just bumped into brother, SIL and 2 youngest nephews (age 8 and 2) older one is self isolating in kfc I only noticed my brother through the window at first ha so had a little chat with them didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable at all she wasn't dirty looking me and was actually speakingto me , they even bought my food hopefully things start looking up I don't really know my baby nephew and it kills me he's 3 soon I've met him a handle full of times and my older one I've not seen in about 2 years I feel like my family are avoiding me because of my sil I feel like a failure

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I keep mine at arms length. She has a huge issue with my daughter being the only granddaughter so I just no longer bother.

Mine's a total bleeping imbecile to put it bluntly. I used to get upset by her but now I just feel sorry for her that she's such a horrendous person. I'd be here days if I wrote everything about her but here's a few:

- texted my other half last night asking if he finds it disrespectful that I shared some posts about a male celebrity on facebook :ROFLMAO:
- pointed at my stomach in front of his entire family and declared "omg Wilma is pregnant!" - I'm not pregnant and never have been
- tries to dictate how much I spend on her children at Christmas and birthdays
- told me my thighs are fat "for a skinny girl"
- comments on my cousins/Mums/brother's appearances in a negative way
- told me that it's weird my partner hasn't proposed to me yet "obviously doesn't want to marry you"
- found out about a cervical cancer scare I had last year (though my big mouthed MIL) and took it upon herself to share my personal health worry with the rest of the family and commented that I should hurry up if I want kids because of my health

I could go on but it's pissing me off to even think about it :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
My sister in law told me she was gonna stab me once because there was a news story about a stabbing where she was from and I told her about it 🤣 it weren't a jokey 'im gonna stab you' either

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Not seen or spoken to myne for over a year (thanks covid) shes pregnant with her 4th and i cant imagine meeting the baby for a long while after its born tbh. My husband openly dislikes her and her partner to the rest of the family.

Reactions: 2
My sister in law is fine. I hit lucky.

BUT in my mother in laws eyes she is perfect! No matter what we do/say/achieve/plan/whatever the sis in law has already done it and better

All i hear is 'well have you seen (insert name here) (insert whatever it is we are talking about here), it's amazing it's the best, it's the best on the market blah blah

It's not my sis in laws fault but i wish i had her perfect life 🙄🙄

Reactions: 7
@Louisej3 You kindly started this thread and it's a good one, but I'm sorry, I can't read your post as I just see one big blur. No sentences or paragraphs.

I have been estranged from my s-i-l for quite a while now. My brother was stuck in the middle as he didn't want to take sides. Things are now not good with any of us. Possibly I'm actually the problem and not her. Only time will tell as to who contacts each other first to resolve whatever our problems are.

Reactions: 18
My brother's wife is absolutely lovely. I get on great with her. I haven't seen her sine 2019 now because they live in Ireland (she's Irish) :(

My husband has two sisters who are absolute fuckwits. A pair of tit stirrers who have made up stuff, lied about me, slagged me off, commented on my appearance, my clothes etc, verbally abused me more than once. I could go on and on. I haven't seen either of them (or my nightmare MIL) since the start of covid and if I never saw them again, I would be perfectly happy.

My SIL (I still call her my SIL, she's my BIL's ex wife) is great. I always got on well with her and have told her things and she has told me things that none of the rest of them will ever know about.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I have a dreadful SIL. She never leaves my brother alone so when he phones me she’s there chipping in all the time. She pretends to be friendly but is very sarcastic and hurtful. She blamed my mum for getting ill and dying. She said it was her own fault. It wasn’t. She ‘playfully’ insults my brother all the time. I really dislike her.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Not an official SIL as she wasn’t married to my brother, but they were in a relationship for around 3 years.

Me and my brother both lived at home when they first started dating (both early 20’s). She basically moved in. She didn’t work, and went to college part time. My mum ended up doing her 3 meals a day, breakfast lunch and dinner and she never once said thank you. She also had really bad BO too. Would never wash her clothes, wore the same outfit for days on end to the point you could smell her from across the room.

They moved out into their own flat after a while and as nasty as it sounds I was so relieved I wouldn’t have her horrendous BO lingering round our house.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
I've already posted about my sister in laws on other threads so sorry for the duplication! I have 6 of them!!

My husbands brother left his wife for the childrens paid nanny, (a) he is still with her, when my son was born they came to visit on day 3, I had sacral dysplasia so could barely move, she waltzed in and told me I should start sit ups and exercises to ensure I would fit my wedding dress, (baby was a surprise engagement party present lol) told me I should hire a babysitter for my wedding day and leave the baby at home as it would be tacky to have him at the wedding.
On my actual wedding day, I was in the toilet and could hear A talking to my husbands eldest sister (b), so I stayed where I was, they started talking about my dress and how low cut it was and that it was slutty and that our wedding was a rush job (18 months of planning) I came out of the toilet and said "but *husband* loves it when I'm a filthy slut" their faces were a picture!

That Christmas we were all at B's house and A had brought her 2 dogs, its a tiny 3 bed terraced house, My son was toddling and went to walk across the room and her dog snapped at my son and grazed his cheek, she hugged the dog and said my son was in the wrong and should of been sat on a lap!

I have many other rants about the other 5 but I'll save them for another day lol

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Mine's a narcissistic, nasty attention seeking drama queen but other people like her (or don't see through her act).

Mine is a workshy spoilt brat with endless health conditions to garner sympathy. My brother now has nothing to do with us. Its pretty crappy, as there are kids involved but Im glad I have nothing to do with her dramatics anymore.

• Sad
No longer my SIL thanks to her showing her ways and cheating on my brother and he made her pay for the divorce but mine used to comment on my weight all the time.

A particular favourite of mine was when she commented how she knew I’d lost weight because my ankles were looking skinny. Vile cretin, and she had a crimson chin so jokes on her in the end.

So glad my brother is out of that.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
2nd story

Sister in law B mentioned in my previous post had a birthday party for her 50th, (this was 9 years ago) we travelled 2 hours to be there, it was the lamest party ever, literally chairs and tables round the hall, no music! As we were leaving, sil comments "oh you look lovely when you make a effort, shame you don't do it more" 1, it was a party so ofcourse I had made a effort, 2, she saw me maybe twice a year, on my days off work I always had my hair and make up done and 3 i worked on a mental health unit, clothes I could run in were a must!

• Heart
I have two ... one is fantastic (like a sister); the other is just weird.

The weird one is so bitchy - incredibly so, and it's especially awful as her kids have turned out that way too, to the point that their teachers have mentioned it to her. Of course in her mind she's perfect and they're perfect.

There are too many stories to tell, suffice to say she's interfering, jealous and makes up stuff to put us in a negative light.

I really wish she'd move far, far away.

Mine is a workshy spoilt brat with endless health conditions to garner sympathy. My brother now has nothing to do with us. Its pretty crappy, as there are kids involved but Im glad I have nothing to do with her dramatics anymore.
My sisters, sister in law is the same, shes not allowed to her inlaws any more, they are all sick of her.

I have as little as possible to do with my SiL but sometimes she can't be avoided. She's extremely insecure, needy, outspoken and rude and she comes out with the most outrageous stuff sometimes. I can give some of the worse examples

- I'm okay now but some years ago my weight had increased significantly after a second round of chemo. After getting home from hospital she came round with a gift. Did I get flowers, chocolates, a book perhaps or maybe some nice bubble bath?
No.
She presented me with a Davina McCall exercise dvd stating "you'll be wanting to shift some of that timber what with summer just around the corner"
At the time I could just about summon the energy to climb the bleeping stairs.

-,My hair colour is chesnut brown and after the third round of chemo which resulted in hair loss she presented me with a platinum blonde wig and said "now's your chance to shine, no more boring brown"

- My husband broke his arm the other day (I wasn't there when he did it) and the day after she found out she posted a quote on her social media about male domestic violence and a helpline number.

There's deffo something wrong with her because Mil seems edgy and warey around her.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I guess not a proper SIL as now ex fiance of BIL, but when I met my husband she welcomed me into the family, invited me over, chatted all the time and I felt very lucky as I've always had a very small family. I was SO happy to be part of something bigger especially as they had just had twins and I was excited to have a little involvement.

Turns out she was a proper MLM hun and just wanted to recruit me, as soon as i made it clear I wasn't interested she basically ghosted me, to the degree where she even refused to come to our wedding a couple of years later.

• Wow
Reactions: 10