Sister in law stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine is lovely but she was raised in a bubble so we both see the world very differently.

For example she doesn't beleive in telling kids about santa as its lying to them. Which makes me laugh as shes religious. I can take a kid to see santa every year but cant take a child to see god.

Also its zero disney in their house, and considering Im a massive disney fan this upsets me šŸ˜‚
Whats wrong with Disney?

My SIL is great. Iā€™m lucky. We get on like friends and weā€™re close. Weā€™ve had great times together over the years.

My future sister in law, engaged to brother 2 is lovely too but Iā€™ve only met her a handful of times as they live in another country. My brother 1 canā€™t stand her but canā€™t give me a reason. Brother 2 seems very happy so thatā€™s good enough for me.

Reactions: 1
Whats wrong with Disney?
Ive no idea but were not allowed to buy the new baby any disney clothes.

Obviously when the child is born/older and if I get the day with them we will be watching all things disney šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My sister in law (brothers wife), well I guess I should say ex since my brother announced a couple of days after christmas that they were splitting up šŸ˜³ anyway, I was never particularly fond of her - at first I thought youā€™re pleasant enough, harmless and we did bond over both liking Taylor Swift but sheā€™s actually younger than me and just seemed the complete opposite of what I expected my brother to end up with to be honest. Sheā€™s American and she was always very loud and I just always felt like she made my brother act *different* but like his entire personality changed. I wasnā€™t the only person who picked up on it and was unsure on her, my boyfriend had, my mum was always a bit unsure and when my dad was alive he used to come in and tell me (and my boyfriend at times) that she was a bit weird (he never ever said this about my boyfriend). Well Iā€™m particularly glad theyā€™re splitting as my brother always wanted to move back home and live in Liverpool and she didnā€™t which I always knew was going to be a problem. I think a lot of the problems between them have stemmed from her and of course my brother, but I mean their last argument they day he announced their split was literally that my brother had locked himself out taking the rubbish out and had to wake her at 10.30am šŸ˜‚ Sheā€™s on a spousal visa and I believe sheā€™s not meant to change visa or get citizenship till later this year. My brothers said heā€™s not going to stand in her way if thatā€™s what she wantsā€¦ šŸ™„ She doesnā€™t have a relationship with her mum whose in LA anymore, I donā€™t know what else sheā€™d have here if she stays.

My future SIL (my boyfriends sister) is great and I adore the bones of her but always has some sort of drama since her teenage years. Sheā€™s 24 and we get on so well and I know she sees me as a sister and vice versa, we are very similar in so many ways and my boyfriend is her favourite sibling so I know that plays a big part as whenever we go down south she always wants to see us and sheā€™s desperate for us to be back living there - I also know how I am her favourite SIL like for example I am the only girlfriend of her brothers she buys presents for hahaha. She also gave me my gorgeous baby nephew and I organized her whole baby shower for her too! šŸ„°šŸ’™ The only main problem is my boyfriend and I both feel she takes advantage of her Mum/my MIL, and I know because my MIL has said this before is that she has the relationship with me that she doesnā€™t always get with her daughter which I really feel for my MIL with. But she certainly takes advantage of her kindness and dumps our nephew on her and has always expected for MIL to drop things at a drop of a hat when sheā€™s been in trouble (many, many, times before the baby too). Nobodies perfect hey? Iā€™m grateful though to have her! xx

I have 2 amazing Sister in laws,
My middle brothers wife is exactly a year and a day younger than me,and I'd like to think we're pretty close, I had a really bad time with anxiety a few years ago, I was always phoning or texting her, she was amazing though, offering and giving me coping mechanisms etc
My other brothers wife is lovely too, the 1st time I met her,she seemed posh! , although she is from quite a traditional family etc, she swears like a trooper! šŸ˜„šŸ˜„ and says it as it is

My ex whom I also share children with has a sister who many years ago married a much older Turkish man she met in a local Kebab shop when she was a teenager. She fell pregnant and they quickly got married, she was head over heels in love with the guy. Not long after they married he filed for divorce and he remarried a Turkish woman whom he had older children with - they only just entered this country too, it was clearly all very fishy. I still have a lovely relationship with the rest of the family but Iā€™ve never really got on with her, Iā€™ve always felt really sorry for her though.

I have 2 sisters in law and I used to adore them. One of them was a really good friend to me we would talk everyday about everything. One day there was a huge family argument on their side and both sil threw me well and truly under the busā€¦ this was the point I realised they were not my friends they were my partners sisters and I stopped contacting them at all. We talk in person if we see each other and rarely they will call or text me but I will never phone or text them for a chat ever again because I can not trust them.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I have two; one is like a sister and the other one is awful. The awful one goes from being cold to VERY cold ... she seems to look for things to be offended about.

We had a few friends around for a pool party the other day and I thought I'd better invite her as the other one was coming; she said she didn't want to come and she doesn't even like the water, so doesn't know why I wasted her time by asking :rolleyes:. She then turned up a good hour after it started and sat in the corner awkwardly, just giving the evil eye to everyone. A friend - who she's never met previously - wished she hadn't tried to be nice when my SiL parted with one of her nasty little insults which I'm usually on the receiving end of: "Ooooh I like your sarong. It's hard to find big enough ones to cover huge bums, but your one seems to do a good job of that."

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I have two; one is like a sister and the other one is awful. The awful one goes from being cold to VERY cold ... she seems to look for things to be offended about.

We had a few friends around for a pool party the other day and I thought I'd better invite her as the other one was coming; she said she didn't want to come and she doesn't even like the water, so doesn't know why I wasted her time by asking :rolleyes:. She then turned up a good hour after it started and sat in the corner awkwardly, just giving the evil eye to everyone. A friend - who she's never met previously - wished she hadn't tried to be nice when my SiL parted with one of her nasty little insults which I'm usually on the receiving end of: "Ooooh I like your sarong. It's hard to find big enough ones to cover huge bums, but your one seems to do a good job of that."
I'd have launched her in the pool if she said that to me! What a cow!

Reactions: 8
I'd have launched her in the pool if she said that to me! What a cow!
She's just hideous. We had a family gathering a while back which everyone was all dressed up for, and she 'complimented' me on my foundation - "Oooh, I like your foundation. It must be really good at coverage as you can't see any of your rosacea." Cue most of the ladies staring at me, looking for traces of said rosacea.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Need to bring this thread back. My SIL is getting worse. Ruined boxing day. Go the point my brother even made comments to me when we were away from her.
She's so controlling of my brother and their daughter. She's a proper helicopter parent.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I have one sil and unfortunately there is nothing good I can say about her. She got my brother to move to another country to be with her and he has been estranged from us ever since, literally from the day he arrived there, and Iā€™d say itā€™s all due to her. She was raised by just her mum, no siblings, never met her dad, no extended family. Thus she has no respect for her husbandā€™s family members and Iā€™ve no doubt forced him to to cut himself off from us, as we had always been so close prior to him meeting her. Iā€™ve never met her, Iā€™ve got two nephews Iā€™ve never met (theyā€™ve spent a lot of time with her mum but never met or spoken to someone from our side), my brother hadnā€™t spoken to our parents for years before they died, he didnā€™t come to their funerals. We donā€™t even get a Christmas card now. Youā€™d think they would sit down with the kids and get them to send us a card? She is of recent years a stage 4 cancer survivor, you'd think that might have changed her thinking - but no. Nothing. It was a completely surgical removal of us from his life. It used to devastate me, but I canā€™t get upset over it these days.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Have one SIL and thank god for this thread cos Iā€™ve as it and realised Iā€™m not alone in having to deal with an unpleasant one.

In short sheā€™s a foul mouthed, very loud, obnoxious, binge drinker who managed to ruin our wedding day. Mother in law decided it would be a brilliant time to tell her she drank far too much and in front of everyone she bellowed ā€œIā€™m a functioning alcoholic, Motherā€ to much jaw dropping.

On one family occasion she said Iā€™d never be a proper member of their family as Iā€™d not had a childā€¦ bit rich given her own child is also an entitled obnoxious young lad.

Sheā€™s also a money grabber - husband has some stuff at their parents house which yes, admittedly he needs to get rid of - but sheā€™s taken it upon herself to steal it and sell it and pocket the money - he only found out when he was scrolling Facebook marketplace thatā€™s what sheā€™d done. He has been very firm with her and told her in no uncertain terms itā€™s unacceptable but even so.

I try and avoid going to the family home as much as I can now.

Christmas Day was one of the most unpleasant ones Iā€™ve had spent with them. Actually started to realise I donā€™t fit in or belong with them.

• Sad
Reactions: 2