Siobh.ohagan (ohfitness.ie)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a different attitude entirely between the UK and Irish public about Covid..tonnes of UK influencers are either already on holidays or casually mentioning plans to go on holidays. Glad to see that we have more cop on. 100% if these eejits were UK based, they'd be on the first plane to Marbella or Ibiza.
Yeah, the difference is staggering. There has been a total disconnect in the UK re the deaths too. The way each covid death was reported in Ireland and how people were eulogised was so lovely and respectful, it really felt like every death was a tragedy. In the UK it was given a "sadly 270 people lost their lives today, thoughts with family" at the start of the daily press briefing. Over 50k deaths and something like 600k Brits are currently in Spain alone on holidays. It's absolutely disgusting. Everyone wants to go on holiday, but you have to be a particular brand of stupid, ignorant and selfish to actually do it at the moment

Reactions: 11
There's a different attitude entirely between the UK and Irish public about Covid..tonnes of UK influencers are either already on holidays or casually mentioning plans to go on holidays. Glad to see that we have more cop on. 100% if these eejits were UK based, they'd be on the first plane to Marbella or Ibiza.
The UK has been a disaster sure!

Reactions: 1
What a fool? I've seen a load of Sunsets this month alone. Then again I live in the Countryside! Get out of Dublin u moany wagon!!!
I can confirm we have sunsets in Dublin too 😂 like she's always down at seapoint these days so she could easily go there and watch the sunset!

Over 50k deaths and something like 600k Brits are currently in Spain alone on holidays. It's absolutely disgusting. Everyone wants to go on holiday, but you have to be a particular brand of stupid, ignorant and selfish to actually do it at the moment
Ye it's not surprising cases in the likes of Spain are rising again when the Brits, who aren't exactly known for being respectful on holidays at the best of time, are travelling all over again

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
She's DYING to, but knows she will be slaughtered for it. Heg alluded to it last week, anticipating the backlash that foreign travel would create. It seems to be the norm now with UK influencers, but Irish influencers, in fairness to them, have been promoting staycations and there has been a LOT less foreign travel. Because she's in Dublin she doesn't wanna be the first to say duck it I'm away on a holiday here. She'll prob go to Portugal and spin it that it's a trip to see family as opposed to a sun holiday. If other Irish influencers slowly start going away, herself and heg will rapidly follow suit
I think it’s only the fact that flights to Portugal have been cancelled that is stopping her going. We were supposed to be going to Portugal on holiday and we were notified the other day that the cancellation of flights has been extended to 16th August now. That would have roughly coincided with their decision to extend their stay in the Airbnb in Dublin for a few weeks. I’d guess she’s just waiting for the flights to resume.

Reactions: 2
Apparently she’s nearly 32 I’m 34 soon she’s aged....
She looks wrecked for 32....all those facials and sun are turning her to leather.
Doesn't help either when your tan and make up blends to be the same colour as your hair 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She's DYING to, but knows she will be slaughtered for it. Heg alluded to it last week, anticipating the backlash that foreign travel would create. It seems to be the norm now with UK influencers, but Irish influencers, in fairness to them, have been promoting staycations and there has been a LOT less foreign travel. Because she's in Dublin she doesn't wanna be the first to say duck it I'm away on a holiday here. She'll prob go to Portugal and spin it that it's a trip to see family as opposed to a sun holiday. If other Irish influencers slowly start going away, herself and heg will rapidly follow suit
Lol didn’t Sosue go away and pretend she wasn’t? And Ellie Kelly andher Del Boy flew out of Belfast yesterday to Ibiza.

Reactions: 3
Lol didn’t Sosue go away and pretend she wasn’t? And Ellie Kelly andher Del Boy flew out of Belfast yesterday to Ibiza.
Yeah but it's still very much frowned upon and not the norm. Siobhan is in a different instagram category. You can't really shout wellness and family values and inner peace and duck off to ibiza in the middle of a pandemic. I think Ellie and sues followers are generally younger and more vacuous and not as bright. Siobhan attracts a more normal following, probably a bit older and who have more smarts, who feel she is more relatable. Siobhan also can't take any negativity. I'd say sue is used to it and has staff who delete comments. Ellie is used to people slagging her and that little scrote of a bf. Siobhan can't hack it and got a lot of flack over coming home and bouncing between houses

Reactions: 7
Yeah, the difference is staggering. There has been a total disconnect in the UK re the deaths too. The way each covid death was reported in Ireland and how people were eulogised was so lovely and respectful, it really felt like every death was a tragedy. In the UK it was given a "sadly 270 people lost their lives today, thoughts with family" at the start of the daily press briefing. Over 50k deaths and something like 600k Brits are currently in Spain alone on holidays. It's absolutely disgusting. Everyone wants to go on holiday, but you have to be a particular brand of stupid, ignorant and selfish to actually do it at the moment
Oh woah what is with the sudden UK bashing on this thread? I’m a Scottish ICU nurse, I also lost my dad to Covid 19 in May. I’m not sure what these beliefs on public opinion are based on if you don’t live here, but there’s no need for it and it’s inaccurate. Three of the UK nations, Scotland, Wales & N Ireland are progressing very well, Scotland has had no deaths in over a fortnight. Which illustrates the fact that we are taking the pandemic seriously.

Oh woah what is with the sudden UK bashing on this thread? I’m a Scottish ICU nurse, I also lost my dad to Covid 19 in May. I’m not sure what these beliefs on public opinion are based on if you don’t live here, but there’s no need for it and it’s inaccurate. Three of the UK nations, Scotland, Wales & N Ireland are progressing very well, Scotland has had no deaths in over a fortnight. Which illustrates the fact that we are taking the pandemic seriously. There’s just as many idiots in Ireland as there is in the UK!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh woah what is with the sudden UK bashing on this thread? I’m a Scottish ICU nurse, I also lost my dad to Covid 19 in May. I’m not sure what these beliefs on public opinion are based on if you don’t live here, but there’s no need for it and it’s inaccurate. Three of the UK nations, Scotland, Wales & N Ireland are progressing very well, Scotland has had no deaths in over a fortnight. Which illustrates the fact that we are taking the pandemic seriously.

Oh woah what is with the sudden UK bashing on this thread? I’m a Scottish ICU nurse, I also lost my dad to Covid 19 in May. I’m not sure what these beliefs on public opinion are based on if you don’t live here, but there’s no need for it and it’s inaccurate. Three of the UK nations, Scotland, Wales & N Ireland are progressing very well, Scotland has had no deaths in over a fortnight. Which illustrates the fact that we are taking the pandemic seriously. There’s just as many idiots in Ireland as there is in the UK!
Prob not based on population. Pretty sure ye have more idiots but to be fair it is England is the problem and more specifically Boris.

Reactions: 4

Very sorry for your loss, truely! But the UK since it began have been shocking, literally stickn their heads in the Sand. Last to do anything regards Covid.

Very sorry for your loss, truely! But the UK since it began have been shocking, literally stickn their heads in the Sand. Last to do anything regards Covid.
England moreso definitely

Reactions: 5
I'm really sorry to hear about your dad, it must have been incredibly difficult.

While Scotland and NI have used their devolved government powers to contain the virus fairly well, unfortunately it's handling from Westminster has been diabolical and centred around economic affairs. The difference between the information and the attitude from Westminster vs the Dail is staggering and is reflected in the infection rates and deaths.

I live in NI and thankfully we seem to have taken an approach which is similar to the ROI, which makes sense as we are one island and had worked out well for us. Opinions are one things and facts are another. 600k Brits are in Spain on holidays at the moment and the UK never fully contained a virus which killed over 50k of its citizens. Every day in Ireland when there was a death, the person was remembered and mourned in TV broadcasts. The attitude is staggeringly different.

I was talking earlier about the attitude of influencers, not Joe public. Of course there are idiots in both nations, but I was referring to the vast amount of UK based influencers who are abroad at the moment and acting like covid never existed. This is in stark contrast to influencers in Ireland, many of whom are promoting staycations and for the moment are showing little signs of travel abroad. There is a huge disconnect in how the virus is seen here and opinions on foreign travel. I'd be absolutely disgusted if anyone I knew took themselves off for a foreign holiday this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hate to break it to you but it’s nothing to do with Irish influencers having more ‘cop on’.
It’s all to do with government advice. The Irish government is still advising against all essential travel whereas the UK gov has says it’s ok to travel to the agreed list of countries.

Whilst I wouldn’t dream of going abroad at the moment, an influencer travelling against government advice is very different to one who is technically not breaking any rules.

Reactions: 4
Hate to break it to you but it’s nothing to do with Irish influencers having more ‘cop on’.
It’s all to do with government advice. The Irish government is still advising against all essential travel whereas the UK gov has says it’s ok to travel to the agreed list of countries.

Whilst I wouldn’t dream of going abroad at the moment, an influencer travelling against government advice is very different to one who is technically not breaking any rules.
Actually the official line from the UK gov is no foreign travel unless essential.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
The messages from Westminster are confusing - please don't travel unless necessary but please also spend your money and let's get tourism back. It's an absolute tit show.

I feel like the community spirit of all being in it together was adopted more sincerely by the people of Ireland, and to be honest its showing more now. I think culturally if I told Irish friends I was going to Spain they'd chew my head off. If I said it to friends in London they'd say have a nice holiday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Actually the official line from the UK gov is no foreign travel unless essential. The messages from Westminster are confusing - please don't travel unless necessary but please also spend your money and let's get tourism back. It's an absolute tit show.

I feel like the community spirit of all being in it together was adopted more sincerely by the people of Ireland, and to be honest its showing more now. I think culturally if I told Irish friends I was going to Spain they'd chew my head off. If I said it to friends in London they'd say have a nice holiday.
Please visit gov.uk, this is a direct quote “The FCO updated its global advisory against ‘all but essential’ travel, exempting destinations that no longer pose an unacceptably high risk for British travellers.”

Quite bizarre that you have turned this into a competition over which country has dealt with this better than others. Shouldn’t you just want everyone to pull together and beat this thing? Odd take.
And let’s leave it there as we are detailing the thread.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.