Sims YouTubers #6 Lilsimsie begs for money, we say no thank you honey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since we didn't do traditional voting [we'll try to be more organized next time], I numbered all 5 submissions and rolled a d6 to be fair. I rolled number 2, so thank you @Scandiflowers for the title. PLEASE keep the ones we didn't use for next time! They are too good to waste!

Smallish Recap of last 10 pages

- Lilsimsie builds for Growing Together, then redecorates her builds with the same items she always uses. Tattlers wonder if this is peak laziness yet. Lilsimsie tells people to use her EA code so she can make money but pretends she is doing it “for the good of everyone.” Sure Jan. Tattlers wonder why Lilsimsie made a 4 bedroom house for the new pack then couldn't use the new pack items because of budget. Talk about not understanding the assignment. Kayla also doesn't want to follow her Not So Berry rules because they are too annoying. Tells you everything you need to know about that challenge.

- Kelsey Impicciche does 100 Baby Challenge AGAIN. JFC can someone get this woman another challenge to do?

- Deligracy messes up her 7 infants challenge and wonders why certain toddlers are acting strange. How Deli makes so many mistakes and still has an audience is beyond me. Tattlers are taking bets on how long her new LP lasts. Since her Mossdale High LP lasted 4 episodes, not long is our guess. Tattlers are also sick of Deligracy's weird thumbnail faces. One tattler likened it to the possessed sims in Strangerville and there is a definite resemblance.

- FakeGamerGirl complains about EA not inviting her for Early Access content. Tattlers wonder if she put in an application to the Creator Network or just wants to complain. This brought on a huge discussion about who got codes, what kinds of views creators brought in and if some creators shouldn't get them. (cough) Vixella

- James Turner uploaded part of his normal content for a pack release and then disappeared for days causing Tattlers to wonder what happened to him. #whereisjames When he finally posts he “jokes” about adopting orphans and selling their teeth to the tooth fairy. That's a no from me.

- Vixella got early access to the new pack, streamed it once and proceeded to livestream Animal Crossing. Tattlers wonder why she is still getting codes when she doesn't enjoy the game and only plays the Sims to make money. Her words, not ours.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What do you all think of the Life By You previews?
I was surprised there was such a push to get all the game changers on their shill team. I'm kind of curious if they have talking points they need to cover because I've heard from multiple people that "this is not the final state, they are going to smooth out how it looks, they'll change it based on user feedback" almost like it is a script.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I was surprised there was such a push to get all the game changers on their shill team. I'm kind of curious if they have talking points they need to cover because I've heard from multiple people that "this is not the final state, they are going to smooth out how it looks, they'll change it based on user feedback" almost like it is a script.
That or those talking points were throughout the livestream and this is the creators sucking up as early as possible to try cement their spots for early access/special treatment 👀

Reactions: 7
I did hear Satchonsims say that they had "early access to the early access" and I rolled my eyes. I just want honest people and I don't feel you can get that if they are in the pocket of the developer. Just seeing all the bootlickers has really turned me off the game. That and the requirements to run it are ridiculous. I'm waiting for the wave of people disappointed they need a top of the line PC to run it.

Thanks for the new thread! Great recap!

I like the look of Life by You but it’s way too demanding for my Pc and I’m not upgrading it anytime soon. Am I surprised to see the usual bootlickers jump on it? Nope. They will all jump ship the second a better game comes along.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Great recap
Life by you looks like they just decided to include all the features that simmers complain about not being in sims 4. Cars colour wheel open world etc. Simstubers do not know how to play the sims I'm not sure how this makes them the ideal promoters for any other life simulation game.
I just realised that kayla tried pretending that there's lots if items in growing together by showing every swatch. Just because a sofa has 8 swatches doesn't mean you have 8 different items.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
San Sequoia is so *dull* there's nothing happening. It's pretty, but useless.

Reactions: 13
San Sequoia is so *dull* there's nothing happening. It's pretty, but useless.
I have to say I thought I would immediately download a generestions pack but I haven’t been persuaded by any YouTube video at all. I usually LOVE James’ first episode of a new rags to riches LP, and I just cancelled out of his current video after 10 mins
---
I don’t love the art style but it’s really good to have a competitor - and the cities skylines team basically trounced SimCity so I have hopes. I’d like to know what the actual gameplay is like though… I reminds me of the sims 3 but I am a sims 2 stan hahah

FGG’s Twitter thread had a lot of responses that “the sims has nothing to worry about” … it’s weird how people feel about competition. Every other type of game has loads of different versions and no one bats an eyelid. Sims dominating the lifesim genre is bizarre at this point

Reactions: 6
I think the style seems very dated and not polished at all. I much prefer the paralives style art and the things they've been showing.

lby.png
lby2.png

For an early release, I don't think this looks good at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
That or those talking points were throughout the livestream and this is the creators sucking up as early as possible to try cement their spots for early access/special treatment 👀
This. I didn't really think about it until someone else said it was sus AF that big simmers had videos out so quick after the livestream. Like... Shady. It makes James's thoughts seem fake AF now and I'm learious of anyone hyping this up.
I also roll my eyes at Fake Gamer Girl posting a thread about how this game is going to kill the Sims. Girl, shut it. Yes, the things we lack from Sims 3,this game is promising, but the specs are super high and the people look like potato's so... No, it's not going to kill the Sims 🤣

Might be interesting to try, but I'm big on art style and I'm not really into the art style so far.

Syd Mac just posted a B/B review of the new pack…kinda late on that front. She did it differently than most other simmers but still, this is the type of video that should’ve come out last week.

I like her, I do, but the weird lighting or filter or whatever she uses throws me off so much. It looks so unnatural to the point of it being distracting.

Reactions: 5
I was watching Gigi's video about Life By You and saw this comment by her.
o - Copy.PNG

Is she wrong though? Since Epic is owned 40% by China and China is kind of becoming known for right violations and ethnic cleansing, it's kind of a bad look to take money from them. It's also a bad look to not know/care about what is going on in the community and push a product that has the same issues EA was being dragged for just a few weeks prior. Just my two cents.
---
I also noticed that Lilsimsie is not part of the group pushing Life By You. Anyone know why?

Last edited:
Easy… Lilsimsie is the biggest brown-noser to EA.

The Sims are no longer a life simulator. It’s only a build simulator. Most Sims YouTubers only post dumb build videos where they still use bb.moveObjects and don’t play test. They just plop some random items any where in the room.

When build videos don’t work, they make those dumb challenge videos yet Lilsimsie’s builds looks the same. I’m so tired of her base game builds only.

With my logic, if the base game is free to everyone now, more people are more likely to buy packs especially Seasons, Uni, Get Together, Parenthood, and maybe Growing Together. The base game was originally $60 and an expansion pack is $20. I would imagine most people will now actually have packs since they have $60 spare now with the free base game.

As for Gigi and Epic, I personally don’t really mind. With Sims 4, it was sneaky with Cottage Living because a free bike was available at pre-order which used to be an exclusive for University.

Edit: High School Years also had bonus content but nothing game breaking/ taking an exclusive item from another pack. As for Growing Together, I think the slide is from the toddler stuff pack and the swing set is from the kids stuff pack?!? But the walking item is new and pack-exclusive.

I was watching Gigi's video about Life By You and saw this comment by her.
View attachment 2045320
Is she wrong though? Since Epic is owned 40% by China and China is kind of becoming known for right violations and ethnic cleansing, it's kind of a bad look to take money from them. It's also a bad look to not know/care about what is going on in the community and push a product that has the same issues EA was being dragged for just a few weeks prior. Just my two cents.
---
I also noticed that Lilsimsie is not part of the group pushing Life By You. Anyone know why?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Dzidziak86 created the other three lots in growing together. I don't know who she is but I think she deserves some recognition.

• Wow
Dzidziak86 created the other three lots in growing together. I don't know who she is but I think she deserves some recognition.
Thanks! I didn't know this AT ALL. Did Deli or LilSimsie ever mention the other creators in their videos? I watched one of Deli's and fast-forwarded through Simsie's long one and didn't hear if they did.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.