Simon wilson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He makes me angry with his, deceit with regards to mcdonalds orders and the spas. I much perfer London hacks more genuine and honest ways of doing things.

Reactions: 2
I can't believe people fall for his lies about tit!! I know for a fact he did not sneak into The Savoy spa for a day. The constant, regular stealing from companies is disgusting. London Hacks is very creative and amusing!

Reactions: 3
I used to like him. The only thing I didn’t like was the McDonald’s and spa stuff as it just seemed like stealing and not really being savvy. I posted on one of his videos about it once and got the usual ‘well those are big companies that can afford it’ responses from his fans. Stealing is stealing I don’t care where from. And he’s encouraging thousands of others to do it.

Also, I just don’t think his videos are that genuine. After his North Korea video I watched some others that had done the same and where Simon said the train was 25 hours or something the other video was much shorter. I think he’s a con artist

Him London hacks and bobby used to hang out and bobby got caught out scamming his challenges with clocks in backgrounds and proof he’d set up websites weeks before etc and I’ve not seen a lot of him since. I reckon Simon is similar. Staying with fans who then feed and pay for your next leg of transport isn’t that challenging anyway like he did in America

Sorry but I love Simon Wilson. He is genuine and down to earth. My whole family love his vlogs especially my young boys. I literally cannit hear a word against him - will have to stop reading this thread lol

Im actually amazed to see his name on here

• Haha
I’ve got mixed feelings. I used to really enjoy his videos because of his relaxed friendly attitude and the way he would just chat to anyone.
Recently, I guess around the 7 wonders of the world time i started to find it annoying how he wears his ignorance as a badge of pride. Like saying “gracias” to everyone in Rio for instance.

And that annoyed me even more in the Korea vlogs. He seems to think it makes him open minded but really it made him susceptible to a lot of the propaganda and oblivious to the nuances of what he was shown of North Korean society. I think it’s great how he will happily chat to anyone but when he sneaked over to the other side of the beach , I don’t know if he should have shown everyone’s faces on camera. I mean they didn’t seem to mind so it’s probably fine as they are clearly priveleged people to even be there and give a positive image of people happy at the beach, but the fact is it wouldn’t even occur to him in another situation that he might be putting someone in danger. That they only want tourists to interact with specially trained tour guides for a reason.

Another example of awkward ignorance when he asked the guide if she had ever flown on the airline when her reaction showed of course that would never be an option.And his reaction to eating the clams was just so unnecessary and disrespectful.

Reactions: 5
Sorry but I love Simon Wilson. He is genuine and down to earth. My whole family love his vlogs especially my young boys. I literally cannit hear a word against him - will have to stop reading this thread lol

Im actually amazed to see his name on here
I think he’s an alright guy and his content is just easy to watch stuff but he really shouldn’t be teaching kids like your young boys that it’s okay to go and basically steal food and spa days...

Reactions: 1
I much perfer London hacks and it is actually useful information and spreading awareness for stuff.

Reactions: 6
I much perfer London hacks and it is actually useful information and spreading awareness for stuff.
I do like Toba, but did anyone see his insta stories a month or so ago where he appeared to imply that nobody can have an excuse to be homeless due to the sort of hacks he shows in his videos? Not sure if he was just trying to be provocative / get a conversation going. Sorry for the OT

I do like Toba, but did anyone see his insta stories a month or so ago where he appeared to imply that nobody can have an excuse to be homeless due to the sort of hacks he shows in his videos? Not sure if he was just trying to be provocative / get a conversation going. Sorry for the OT
I missed this. The thing with homelessness is you don't have a fixed a bode to claim things , you dont have a phone to check where free food is ect is and also your exhausted and mentally knackered from it all. You might not have cards as a way to test out an electric bike for 3 days so i would disagree with that statement.

Yeah it is easy to do the odd couple of nights he does it. He has the security knowing he has money in the bank and a home that is safe. Imagine doing it for months and years and dealing with the stress Especially during winter period with no money or home.

I missed this. The thing with homelessness is you don't have a fixed a bode to claim things , you dont have a phone to check where free food is ect is and also your exhausted and mentally knackered from it all. You might not have cards as a way to test out an electric bike for 3 days so i would disagree with that statement.

Yeah it is easy to do the odd couple of nights he does it. He has the security knowing he has money in the bank and a home that is safe. Imagine doing it for months and years and dealing with the stress Especially during winter period with no money or home.
Yeah exactly. Seems unbelievably short sighted. He even went so far as to say - framing it as a question - that homelessness was therefore a choice. I wasn’t in the mood for provocative ignorance so can’t speak for how much he was playing devils advocate or trying to get a conversation going I think in an Instagram live he was about to do. But he definitely said it so hope we can give him the benefit of the doubt.:.

They are both better than living Bobby
Oh yeah. Especially since he was caught faking his stuff. I mean the guy claimed to make a hefty profit selling ping pong balls (or was it golf balls...?) that he drew smiley faces on in Central London. No Londoner on their daily commute is going to give an American YouTuber with a creepy constant smile money for a bleeping ping pong ball with a smiley face! Most probably wouldn’t even stop. So he deserved to get busted for trying to pull that scam.

I'm glad to have found a thread on Simon where I can air my issues and see that others feel similarly! I didn't think there'd be one actually.

So I'm conflicted because I like Simon overall and I feel like with some things, he genuinely means well and just wants to make friends with everybody when he travels, and I think that's so cool. But sometimes, his extroverted nature makes him do and say things that I feel like he doesn't think through at all, then it comes across really tone deaf and insulting to other cultures. And I feel the worst part is he never seems to reflect on it to notice it's a problem and address it.

I remember when he went to Rio and was speaking Spanish. Some people in the YT comments think he did it to be an ass, but I honestly don't think he would go out of his way to speak the wrong language. I don't know how he'd miss it but honestly it looked like he didn't know it was Portugues.

However, my main problem comes in with the stealing food and basically smooth-talking, lying and swindling to get free food. I would be embarrassed as hell to hang around a public spot or bathhouse for a few days like he does, but the lying about who he is and making up stories makes me cringe so hard and I feel guilty as if I'm the liar myself. I remember a video, not sure what city, where he "treated" a homeless man to a meal by sneaking him in and lying on both their behalf. And the poor man was confused. I feel like not only could Simon have gotten busted but caught that other man up in it and it was just freaking horrible. This situation to me has no excuse and is clearly in the category of morals vs no morals and I personally don't see how he can continue doing that in good conscience.

I know a lot of his other videos where he funds the trips and all are better and he goes to places off the beaten track which I enjoy seeing. They're not fake-like or rehearsed or over edited.

But the deceitfulness puts me way off.

I see his channel just continues to grow and I'm curious as to what will change about his persona as it does.

I find his videos boring tbh, always the same just getting free macdonalds and going to spas. As other people have said, Toba is much more creative and gives usable advice, also, obviously he has to be, as a person of colour it would be much more difficult for him to steal/sneak into a hotel than it is for Simon.
I cannot believe how careless Simon was in North Korea, filming in that stadium when he wasn't supposed to, does he have no idea what the north korean govt is like?! I personally think it is totally immoral to go to a country like north korea and act as if it is all nice and normal, we all know it isn't.
Who is this bobby person people have mentioned?

His "Sweden with No Money" video came up in my suggestions last night so I went ahead and watched it. And yep, still irritated the more it went on.

At one point, when he kept trying to get access to different pools and spas and it wasn't happening, he was like " well the Swedish spas aren't treating me too well this time are they"... and I was like well you're not paying one red cent, so.... what do you expect.

Then he was probably busted at McDonald's again when he tried the whole " I was short a burger and I don't have my receipt and can't show you my bank account because it's in the UK and hasn't been processed yet" thing. But some dude in there recognized him and watches him and likely told the manager after he left.

I can't believe he has no shame about it. I do also cringe at the way bystanders and other folk are all in his videos without knowing because he likely holds his camera/ phone in a way they can't tell.

Then he roomed with some guy that he found on an app I guess? And while it turned out fine this time and every other time prior, because he's still alive, I just feel like he's going to eventually room with the wrong stranger.

Last edited:
His "Sweden with No Money" video came up in my suggestions last night so I went ahead and watched it. And yep, still irritated the more it went on.

At one point, when he kept trying to get access to different pools and spas and it wasn't happening, he was like " well the Swedish spas aren't treating me too well this time are they"... and I was like well you're not paying one red cent, so.... what do you expect.

Then he was probably busted at McDonald's again when he tried the whole " I was short a burger and I don't have my receipt and can't show you my bank account because it's in the UK and hasn't been processed yet" thing. But some dude in there recognized him and watches him and likely told the manager after he left.

I can't believe he has no shame about it. I do also cringe at the way bystanders and other folk are all in his videos without knowing because he likely holds his camera/ phone in a way they can't tell.

Then he roomed with some guy that he found on an app I guess? And while it turned out fine this time and every other time prior, because he's still alive, I just feel like he's going to eventually room with the wrong stranger.
i haven;t seen it and won;t bother, i don;t get the point, travelling somewhere new a lot of things like food are, for me, a big part of the experience. I don;t want go travel somewhere just to eat macdonalds

I've only just found out about this guy (a couple of years too late it seems haha). Have your opinions changed?

I'm not subscribed to him on YouTube but his videos constantly come up on my Facebook, his content is just the same thing over and over again. Also his way of speaking is really annoying , he asks a question like "what platform is if?" They answer and he repeats "platform ... yeh is it?"

I've only just found out about this guy (a couple of years too late it seems haha). Have your opinions changed?
I'm still subscribed to him, he recently hit 1m. I think it's well deserved considering the work he's put in and the fact he's braved places like Syria and Chernobyl lol but I'm liking the fact that he hasn't done the McD's freeloading thing in what feels like a LONG time. He also hasn't done a no money challenge recently where he sneaks into a hotel buffet, but I suppose using their rooftop deck or shower like he does is still not nearly as bad to me as the lying to McD's. I think he might have left that in the past, although it still bothers me that he did that, if he ever acknowledged that as a mistake that'd go a long way with me but I know most of his subscribers don't care about that part and rather think it's cool.

Anyways I digress. Still like how he makes friends with anyone, tries to learn people's names and get them right and show interest in them even if he gets stuff wrong from time to time. He tries to help other people up the same way they help him, so I think all in all, he's a good person.

Now that Harald Baldr... Jesus I can't stand that guy. I think on Simon's last travel with him, Harald brought hard liquor on the plane and now by association, I think they've red flagged Simon in the Netherlands? I think. Anyways ugh, one mystery is why Simon even associates with him still.