Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boblebob

VIP Member
I much perfer London hacks and it is actually useful information and spreading awareness for stuff.

Reactions: 6

Horatio

VIP Member
I’ve got mixed feelings. I used to really enjoy his videos because of his relaxed friendly attitude and the way he would just chat to anyone.
Recently, I guess around the 7 wonders of the world time i started to find it annoying how he wears his ignorance as a badge of pride. Like saying “gracias” to everyone in Rio for instance.

And that annoyed me even more in the Korea vlogs. He seems to think it makes him open minded but really it made him susceptible to a lot of the propaganda and oblivious to the nuances of what he was shown of North Korean society. I think it’s great how he will happily chat to anyone but when he sneaked over to the other side of the beach , I don’t know if he should have shown everyone’s faces on camera. I mean they didn’t seem to mind so it’s probably fine as they are clearly priveleged people to even be there and give a positive image of people happy at the beach, but the fact is it wouldn’t even occur to him in another situation that he might be putting someone in danger. That they only want tourists to interact with specially trained tour guides for a reason.

Another example of awkward ignorance when he asked the guide if she had ever flown on the airline when her reaction showed of course that would never be an option.And his reaction to eating the clams was just so unnecessary and disrespectful.

Reactions: 5

bcat1998

It really pisses me off that someone with a platform like his thinks he’s above wearing a seatbelt. Noticed it in every video he never wears one

Reactions: 4

leigh213

VIP Member
New series, and it's actually really good.

First day and second day with him stuck in that same taxi trying to figure out how to communicate and get over the bridge in Turkey had me howling.

Then day 2 him going to Stonehenge, and meeting a guy who seemed higher than a kite.

I think he's turned a new leaf to where he won't be doing no money challenges and Mcd's stuff or sneaking in hotels now. Mostly because it seems like he's hit the bigtime. Was recently on an island ( mind went blank as to where it was) and then rubbing shoulders in Monaco. That's all fine, I just hope he doesn't get arrogant, because the whole fun of watching him travel is him treating people he meets like an every-man and finding hole in the wall places that tourists don't normally see.

I realize I might be the only one in this thread, but even if that's the case, I enjoy it lol. It's all good :)

Reactions: 4

JulesWake

Chatty Member
I agree some of his recent stuff is falling really flat. He could go anywhere but he's been doing some boring stuff lately with Wales ( not that Wales is boring) but half the fun is him meeting randoms that speak radically different languages and the chaos that ensues. That, and the train from Scotland to London. It feels like there's still so many areas of the world he hasn't been to, I think he should try to visit places that the monopoly board never landed on or at least use that as a guide and branch out, but I feel like every time I see a story on insta, he's somewhere he always ends up, like Dubai.

I'm starting to wonder if he's not "skint" again lol or made bad choices with money. Either that or he's burned out on traveling for now so is doing lackluster things to try to keep engagement going.
100% agree, either burned through his earnings or perhaps ran out of creative ideas. The monopoly board places he didn't land on would be a great opportunity, see places he has yet to visit. (if that's possible). He covered quite a bit of the States on past vlogs, didn't he? 7 Continents in 7 days was entertaining, although I'd imagine it's exhausting.

Reactions: 3

Wuzzle12

Sorry but I love Simon Wilson. He is genuine and down to earth. My whole family love his vlogs especially my young boys. I literally cannit hear a word against him - will have to stop reading this thread lol

Im actually amazed to see his name on here

• Haha

Sabbie

VIP Member
I can't believe people fall for his lies about shit!! I know for a fact he did not sneak into The Savoy spa for a day. The constant, regular stealing from companies is disgusting. London Hacks is very creative and amusing!

leigh213

VIP Member
You spoke too soon 😂 Coffee is better than food at least imo. At least this time he ‘worked’ for the bus. I like him and most of his videos, I prefer the videos like the monopoly one and it would be good if he redid the followers challenge again that was good. I also enjoyed the going to the Uber drivers country and the World Cup game country.
He must spend a fortune on plane tickets always booking them last minute.
I think a good series would be visiting countries that start with every letter (or cities), maybe putting the options on a wheel to decide which.
I think I have the worst timing lol, here he goes doing a no money right after I said that haha. Gosh.

I like that idea of yours in the last sentence; I also think he's doubled up and gone to a lot of the same places over again in his challenges, so I think somehow it would be good if he could find a way to raise the chances that he could end up in more unique places than before. I'd really like it if he'd go more throughout Asia and Scandinavia etc.

leigh213

VIP Member
His "Sweden with No Money" video came up in my suggestions last night so I went ahead and watched it. And yep, still irritated the more it went on.

At one point, when he kept trying to get access to different pools and spas and it wasn't happening, he was like " well the Swedish spas aren't treating me too well this time are they"... and I was like well you're not paying one red cent, so.... what do you expect.

Then he was probably busted at McDonald's again when he tried the whole " I was short a burger and I don't have my receipt and can't show you my bank account because it's in the UK and hasn't been processed yet" thing. But some dude in there recognized him and watches him and likely told the manager after he left.

I can't believe he has no shame about it. I do also cringe at the way bystanders and other folk are all in his videos without knowing because he likely holds his camera/ phone in a way they can't tell.

Then he roomed with some guy that he found on an app I guess? And while it turned out fine this time and every other time prior, because he's still alive, I just feel like he's going to eventually room with the wrong stranger.

Last edited:

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
I used to like him. The only thing I didn’t like was the McDonald’s and spa stuff as it just seemed like stealing and not really being savvy. I posted on one of his videos about it once and got the usual ‘well those are big companies that can afford it’ responses from his fans. Stealing is stealing I don’t care where from. And he’s encouraging thousands of others to do it.

Also, I just don’t think his videos are that genuine. After his North Korea video I watched some others that had done the same and where Simon said the train was 25 hours or something the other video was much shorter. I think he’s a con artist

Him London hacks and bobby used to hang out and bobby got caught out scamming his challenges with clocks in backgrounds and proof he’d set up websites weeks before etc and I’ve not seen a lot of him since. I reckon Simon is similar. Staying with fans who then feed and pay for your next leg of transport isn’t that challenging anyway like he did in America

JulesWake

Chatty Member
He is a huge hit/miss imo.

Some of his stuff is entertaining, other times not so much.

The entire series in America was boring, nothing of interest. Fell totally flat.

Reactions: 2

leigh213

VIP Member
Realistically he can't do that anymore too many people know him now imo
That's a really good point. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to give him the credit of him doing it for moral reasons. Also he has the money now that he doesn't need to unless he was trying to see if he's still "got it" or something.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I reckon he is burnt out from traveling, I think he often comments doesn't he that he will be glad to be back to his own bed? Even with all he has done I doubt he'd have used all his money as he has enough followers he should be getting paid pretty well? Even if he has he could easily get sponsorships with his following either for the travel or good pay

emm

VIP Member

First day and second day with him stuck in that same taxi trying to figure out how to communicate and get over the bridge in Turkey had me howling.

Then day 2 him going to Stonehenge, and meeting a guy who seemed higher than a kite.

I think he's turned a new leaf to where he won't be doing no money challenges and Mcd's stuff or sneaking in hotels now. Mostly because it seems like he's hit the bigtime. Was recently on an island ( mind went blank as to where it was) and then rubbing shoulders in Monaco. That's all fine, I just hope he doesn't get arrogant, because the whole fun of watching him travel is him treating people he meets like an every-man and finding hole in the wall places that tourists don't normally see.

I realize I might be the only one in this thread, but even if that's the case, I enjoy it lol. It's all good :)
Realistically he can't do that anymore too many people know him now imo

Horatio

VIP Member
They are both better than living Bobby
Oh yeah. Especially since he was caught faking his stuff. I mean the guy claimed to make a hefty profit selling ping pong balls (or was it golf balls...?) that he drew smiley faces on in Central London. No Londoner on their daily commute is going to give an American YouTuber with a creepy constant smile money for a fucking ping pong ball with a smiley face! Most probably wouldn’t even stop. So he deserved to get busted for trying to pull that scam.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member

You spoke too soon 😂 Coffee is better than food at least imo. At least this time he ‘worked’ for the bus. I like him and most of his videos, I prefer the videos like the monopoly one and it would be good if he redid the followers challenge again that was good. I also enjoyed the going to the Uber drivers country and the World Cup game country.
He must spend a fortune on plane tickets always booking them last minute.
I think a good series would be visiting countries that start with every letter (or cities), maybe putting the options on a wheel to decide which.

JulesWake

Chatty Member
This last series he did was a snoozefest. Since he's proven he isn't an honest bloke, I doubt his videos are authentic. Same shi^, different day.

Horatio

VIP Member
I much perfer London hacks and it is actually useful information and spreading awareness for stuff.
I do like Toba, but did anyone see his insta stories a month or so ago where he appeared to imply that nobody can have an excuse to be homeless due to the sort of hacks he shows in his videos? Not sure if he was just trying to be provocative / get a conversation going. Sorry for the OT

Boblebob

VIP Member
He makes me angry with his, deceit with regards to mcdonalds orders and the spas. I much perfer London hacks more genuine and honest ways of doing things.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
His new video I found annoying. Could’ve just used skyscanner like usually and found the cheapest flight. Also when he went into the dorms and left the video of the people sleeping in their beds, should’ve cut that out

Reactions: 1