Simon Thomas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friend lost her husband a few years ago, he was her second marriage and her daughters adored him as much as she did. She still talks/posts about her husband all the time. She wears her wedding rings, she visits their special places and she helps her girls through the grief. The thought of moving on would make her physically sick.

This whole thing has really bothered me, my kids were hugely damaged when me and their dad split up. He bounced through relationships and re-married quickly. My daughter was 8 then and didn’t see him for a year after as she was so hurt. They felt like ‘guests’ on the wedding day and still get upset now (2 years later) when they recall being sat away from their Dad on the day and not being mentioned in speeches/included etc…

What I’m trying to say is- no matter what people think, kids actually aren’t resilient. They are smart and they see everything. Ethan will one day look back and say to his Dad “why?” Because I don’t care how much you love someone (and I am madly in love now but when We get married we will have been together nearly 10 years post our divorces) but your own ‘romantic love’ can take the back seat while your kids catch up… we can be selfish sometimes but this is too far. I can’t imagine even sleeping at night for years if my partner died. Everything that ST has done in the last couple have years has been met with criticism. And rightly so. He should step away from the public life and concentrate on real life. Ethan always looks like he’s putting on a brave face to please everyone. I just want to hug that poor boy 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
His new wife comes across as such a spoilt madam. It was hard for her to live in Gemma’s house. Really, what did she expect when moving in with a widow? Does she not think how hard it is for a little boy to live without his Mum. Simon obviously put her first in that situation. I’m not a parent but I always assumed your child comes before anyone else

Reactions: 25
Again, it’s probably petty but “love wins” is bothering me too. I know it’s not specifically for lgbtq couples and lgbtq couples only but it’s really bothering me that he’s used it here. I can’t really articulate any further what I mean I am just annoyed by it. Blah sorry :(

Reactions: 25
Again, it’s probably petty but “love wins” is bothering me too. I know it’s not specifically for lgbtq couples and lgbtq couples only but it’s really bothering me that he’s used it here. I can’t really articulate any further what I mean I am just annoyed by it. Blah sorry :(
Agree.
I love the ‘love wins’ vibe but this is not the correct use… IMO

Reactions: 18
Just a thought, but I think we only have Simon's word about how Derrina felt about the house etc? I'm not sure that I'd trust his point of view at all. She seems to have asked him a few times not to post things, and he ignores her. He gets his own way. To me, he only seems interested in himself. Everyone else is a bit part in Simon World.

Reactions: 18
It isn't petty. I know what you mean. He has set up a false narrative that he is battling against the odds to find love and happiness. Simon against the cruel world. When literally everyone (apart from here) has been on his side and swallowed his version of events.
Even on his wedding day he can't be gracious but has to make a dig. He really is unbearable. I feel sorry for his new wife.

Reactions: 14
Ok I have 2 points to make - sometimes when Simon posts about Derrina he starts off with “she didn’t want me to say anything/she doesn’t likePDAs” well don’t put it up then? I don’t like my husband doing stuff like that; so he doesn’t. Simple.

Also, it’s pretty obvious that they will announce a pregnancy soon (I may be wrong but... let’s be real) I just really hope his poor son doesn’t feel pushed out at all. He should be the priority in all of this and I just get the impression that he isn’t.

Reactions: 23
Reading between the lines (and from her posts) Gemma's Mum seems switched on and is playing the long game.
Gemma's family must see what he is like. She is cleverly appeasing and appealing to the awful narcissist that ST is to maintain a good relationship with their beloved grandson. And it sounds like Ethan is lucky to have them.
She must see her dear daughter is being slowly but surely erased by him.
How do you know her mum's ig?

Reactions: 3
It's his constant victim narrative whilst hiding behind other people. 'Oh look at me with the dead wife', 'look at me with the grieving son' , 'look at me with the cancelled wedding and a fiance who is finding it hard to be in a house that belonged in my previous life' oh Simon you are amazing aren't you? Holding it all together??!!!
The only people I feel sorry for are Gemma and Ethan. He just uses people for his own gain, he posts things that should be private, especially regarding ethan and his grief and as other people mention he posts things about derinna when she asks him not to. But he can't help himself. Utter narcissist. He craves the attention and as times gone on he's just shown his true colours. He can't can't bring himself to refer to Gemma properly anymore because quite honestly he's got attention from the wedding now and the #lovewins theme. He just craves any sort of attention he feels js relevant. Why can't he just be low key? Why can't he just let them be a family in private now if it really meant that much to him? Let ethan adapt in his own time and without a camera in his face. He's an absolute hole

Reactions: 14
Just a thought, but I think we only have Simon's word about how Derrina felt about the house etc? I'm not sure that I'd trust his point of view at all. She seems to have asked him a few times not to post things, and he ignores her. He gets his own way. To me, he only seems interested in himself. Everyone else is a bit part in Simon World.
Was just about to post about this. Has Derrina actually come out and said anything about not feeling comfortable living in his and Gemma’s house? I have a feeling she probably had reservations (as would be normal I guess) but I think it’s him wanting to erase all signs of Gemma for some reason. I’ve read this thread from the start and have been nodding away at everyone’s posts. I felt horrific for him and Ethan (remember him, Simon?) when it happened but then he started posting the letters in his lunchbox every morning and it all just felt a bit off. He’s creepy and the disregard he seems to have for his son is concerning, it’s like Gemma didn’t exist.

Reactions: 9
I totally missed there was an age gap of that much 😱 guarantee she will be pregnant ASAP.

Reactions: 7
Was just about to post about this. Has Derrina actually come out and said anything about not feeling comfortable living in his and Gemma’s house? I have a feeling she probably had reservations (as would be normal I guess) but I think it’s him wanting to erase all signs of Gemma for some reason. I’ve read this thread from the start and have been nodding away at everyone’s posts. I felt horrific for him and Ethan (remember him, Simon?) when it happened but then he started posting the letters in his lunchbox every morning and it all just felt a bit off. He’s creepy and the disregard he seems to have for his son is concerning, it’s like Gemma didn’t exist.
Been lurking on this thread for a while and had to comment seeing hes now remarried, have always thought he’s been using his grief for attention since Gemma died, he hasn’t seemed completely genuine.

I have to wonder what she (Derrina) expected entering into a relationship with a widower, it’s shocking if she was the one who expected him to uproot his and his sons life in THEIR old home, because she felt like she was living in Gemmas shadow as he put it, but he seems to have done everything in a bid to avoid her getting upset about the fact he was married before, it’s a fact and she needs to accept that someone else came before her. the way he goes on about it being Gemmas house really pisses me off, no Simon not just your late wife’s house but yours and more importantly your Sons. I wonder how Ethan felt about moving and if he had a choice, his feelings should be taken into consideration not just his new wife!

Reactions: 12
I remember her commenting on one his posts ages ago and being very diplomatic- cant seem to find it now but happy she is able to find peace with what has happened.
Yes I remember thinking Gemma’s mum was much more dignified in her response than I would have been. As someone else mentioned it seems like she is playing the long game,she has lost her daughter and will not want to risk her relationship with Ethan. I am glad Ethan has Gemma’s family and I hope he gets all the love and support he needs.

Reactions: 13
Hes back to his shady moaning again. Honeymoon has to wait cos of restrictions 🙄 god forbid he has to take his son to school 🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Ok I have 2 points to make - sometimes when Simon posts about Derrina he starts off with “she didn’t want me to say anything/she doesn’t likePDAs” well don’t put it up then? I don’t like my husband doing stuff like that; so he doesn’t.
Totally agree. It’s a subtle but persistent dismissal of her boundaries. Someone who doesn’t respect your boundaries, ultimately, does not respect you. They are trying to change you to align with their outlook and beliefs. It’s a red flag for me - that behaviour gets progressively worse. I actually feel sorry for a young woman like Derrina, being stuck with him. However, the person I feel most sorry for in this situation is Ethan. Poor boy looks delicate, I hope he still has plenty of contact with Gemma’s family.

Reactions: 8