Shops with special offers because of Covid 19

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because of the Pandemic some shops and food outlets have some deals, Coffee for example has seen a price drop.

I've just signed up to PRET'S new coffee scheme, the first month is free, after that it's £20 a month, for that you can
get 5 cups of coffee a day. In theory, if you bought 5 Flat Whites for 2 days that would be £24 at the moment. SO
£20 a month for up to 5 cups of coffee a day is CHEAP. This will mean I might start buying sandwiches from Pret
since I'm saving a bundle on the coffee. (which is what they want)

Anyone else involved in some deal/scheme?

Reactions: 2
Because of the Pandemic some shops and food outlets have some deals, Coffee for example has seen a price drop.

I've just signed up to PRET'S new coffee scheme, the first month is free, after that it's £20 a month, for that you can
get 5 cups of coffee a day. In theory, if you bought 5 Flat Whites for 2 days that would be £24 at the moment. SO
£20 a month for up to 5 cups of coffee a day is CHEAP. This will mean I might start buying sandwiches from Pret

I don't have anything to add to this thread, just commenting that this is amazing value :O i wish we had pret here in N.I.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I don't have anything to add to this thread, just commenting that this is amazing value :O i wish we had pret here in N.I.
It's a loss leader for them, the aims will be (1) that people start going to them rather than other places for their sandwiches etc (2) that people drag their friends/colleagues with them and they buy something (3) that they annihilate the competition who can't compete especially the independents :( (4) the IMMENSE data capture opportunities they'll get from when and where someone gets their coffee and what else they regularly buy, all of which data will have a value they can reclaim by selling it to other companies.

Reactions: 3

I looove Pret. I wish we had it in my country.

This thread has just brought back a flashback of my daughter having an absolute melt down in Pret on Tottenham court road because they didn't do Coco Pops 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It's a loss leader for them, the aims will be (1) that people start going to them rather than other places for their sandwiches etc (2) that people drag their friends/colleagues with them and they buy something (3) that they annihilate the competition who can't compete especially the independents :( (4) the IMMENSE data capture opportunities they'll get from when and where someone gets their coffee and what else they regularly buy, all of which data will have a value they can reclaim by selling it to other companies.
You are right up to a point, for me it's total win win, I've been a regular customer for decades.