Shirley Carter’s Pussy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shirley Carter’s Pussy is a comedic Twitter account with thousands upon thousands of followers. Shirley is a Tattle favourite and I thought it was high time she had her own Tattle thread.

Shirley frequently goes viral due to the abrasive yet camp nature of her content. Shirley’s favourite topics include Kim Woodburn’s chaotic TV appearances, Holly Jervis, EastEnders, her love for Princess Diana, her loathing of King Charles and Queen Camilla (referred to as “Cowmilla”), the youthful appearance of Letitia Dean, meme queen Kate King, the antics of Ghislaine Maxwell and asking why Lorraine Kelly takes the school holidays off when her own kids are grown up and in their twenties.

The most absurd Shirley-related incident of late was when Denise Welch publicly addressed the rumours that she is non-binary (these rumours were popularised if not started by Shirley).

“Shirley” used to be quite open about their identity - the account holder (whose name I won’t post here) used to go live and even had his own face in the profile picture. He’s become more obscure since the initial account was banned from Twitter in early 2021. Here is a screenshot from a 2020 live from the (now deleted) original account:

IMG-0114.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I love this Twitter account 🤣
I… go back and forth?

Some of the more camp and clearly tongue-in-cheek humour is hysterical. I sometimes randomly remember a Shirley tweet in the middle of the day and will burst out laughing.

However, some of the more “targeted” (shall we say?) stuff can be a bit much. The pile-one of innocent people, wishing death on people, the downright tasteless jokes about things like Anne Frank. I also think the Lorraine shtick was funnier when she’d just tweet about it once every half term rather than replying “Get to work!” under every single one of Lorraine’s tweets.

Reactions: 4
I… go back and forth?

Some of the more camp and clearly tongue-in-cheek humour is hysterical. I sometimes randomly remember a Shirley tweet in the middle of the day and will burst out laughing.

However, some of the more “targeted” (shall we say?) stuff can be a bit much. The pile-one of innocent people, wishing death on people, the downright tasteless jokes about things like Anne Frank. I also think the Lorraine shtick was funnier when she’d just tweet about it once every half term rather than replying “Get to work!” under every single one of Lorraine’s tweets.
Admittedly didn’t see the Anne Frank stuff, that’s not cool 😳

Agreed about Lorraine as well. Generally though I find the account very entertaining 😂

Reactions: 2
The best part about the old account was the saga with their neighbour, which went on far too long, and boiled down to Shirl finding out that said neighbour wasn't actually named what they thought.

• Haha
The other thing not mentioned in the OP is that the account has a good record of being the first way people find out about celebrity deaths, usually by tweeting, for example, "TINA TURNER IS DEAD!" or similar. This has also been used for joking or trolling though.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Omg how has the creation of this thread bypassed me til now 😱 I’ve been so knee deep in the BBC scandal thread, that I’ve barely come up for air let alone realised there’s now a thread dedicated to our honorary Tattler! Inject it people!

I found out about the deaths of Paul Cattermole, Tina Turner and Rolf Harris from this particular Twitter user. I consider them a more reliable news source than most mainstream media outlets at this point 😅

Their pursuit of Lorraine Kelly is like a classic soap storyline (her growler has been of frequent discussion on the BBC presenter thread). They are the modern day Pat and Peggy (much to Shirl’s delight I’m sure). I’m obsessed with the fact that every so often they’ll make little changes to her Wikipedia page 😂 (“The long-suffering Ranvir Singh often covers for Lorraine during her frequent absences from her show”).

I love the fact they spread a malicious rumour that Denise Welch is non-binary which received media coverage. One of my favourite responses to this was “I can’t physically comprehend the concept of Denise Welch being binary” 🤣

I love their excessive use of adjectives such as “evil” and “cruel”.

My favourite recent Tweet of Shirl’s is when Huw Edwards’ arse pic started circulating on Twitter and she ominously responded by saying ”I’ve seen the photo”. So simple but so effective!

They also hate the same people I do

Also, I can’t believe Shirl used to do lives. I’ve always been under the impression that the individual behind the account looked exactly like Shirley Carter 😂
---
It’s the tweets like this that have me creasing 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Omg how has the creation of this thread bypassed me til now 😱 I’ve been so knee deep in the BBC scandal thread, that I’ve barely come up for air let alone realised there’s now a thread dedicated to our honorary Tattler! Inject it people!

I found out about the deaths of Paul Cattermole, Tina Turner and Rolf Harris from this particular Twitter user. I consider them a more reliable news source than most mainstream media outlets at this point 😅

Their pursuit of Lorraine Kelly is like a classic soap storyline (her growler has been of frequent discussion on the BBC presenter thread). They are the modern day Pat and Peggy (much to Shirl’s delight I’m sure). I’m obsessed with the fact that every so often they’ll make little changes to her Wikipedia page 😂 (“The long-suffering Ranvir Singh often covers for Lorraine during her frequent absences from her show”).

I love the fact they spread a malicious rumour that Denise Welch is non-binary which received media coverage. One of my favourite responses to this was “I can’t physically comprehend the concept of Denise Welch being binary” 🤣

I love their excessive use of adjectives such as “evil” and “cruel”.

My favourite recent Tweet of Shirl’s is when Huw Edwards’ arse pic started circulating on Twitter and she ominously responded by saying ”I’ve seen the photo”. So simple but so effective!

They also hate the same people I do

Also, I can’t believe Shirl used to do lives. I’ve always been under the impression that the individual behind the account looked exactly like Shirley Carter 😂
---
It’s the tweets like this that have me creasing 🤣

HOW did I miss that barbie bus tweet 😭😭😭

Reactions: 1
Loving the Max B*l*g*e slander (does anyone know his actual surname so I can stop participating in this ridiculous charade?). The fact our Shirl has compared him to Sean from Corrie is the highest insult anyone could receive.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm not even sure how you'd describe this account, really. You'd hardly call him an "Influencer" in the classic sense, but it's probably the closest description.

Breaking news: Our Shirl’s finally tracked down Holly Jervis in 2023! Medical assistance is on standby in case Shirley suffers an arrhythmia after this major discovery.

• Haha
Ring Crimestoppers and get Shirl appointed as a superintendent. She’s found the culprit responsible for shoplifting in Tesco’s in Hertfordshire. It’s none other than Sandra ‘Harses’ Wilson!

• Wow
  • Haha