Sheridan Smith

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if there is already a thread but I couldn’t find one.

What’s everyone’s thoughts? She is obviously very troubled. I feel like I’m witnessing a breakdown online and it’s very uncomfortable to see. Wasn’t it only the other week she accused her partner of cheating and now she’s posting photos of them together again?

Reactions: 9
I love sheridan I think at her best she is an amazing actress I would watch anything she was in, but sadly It seems she's on a downward spiral. I think she suffered when she lost her dad and never quite recovered. I will never understand why she had the cosmetic surgery she was beautiful without it. I remember watching a documentary about her after she met her boyfriend and I found that uncomfortable viewing something wasn't right back then. I hope she finds the help she needs and gets back to her former glory.

Reactions: 18

What’s everyone’s thoughts? She is obviously very troubled. I feel like I’m witnessing a breakdown online and it’s very uncomfortable to see. Wasn’t it only the other week she accused her partner of cheating and now she’s posting photos of them together again?
Where are you witnessing all this? Twitter? I thought she had broke up with her partner ages ago at least that’s what I read at the time, didn’t realise they were back together again. Edited to add I was referring to her partner she had her son with.

Reactions: 1
When she was on drag race UK as a judge last season I thought she seemed under the influence of something :(

As I said a bit ago in the general celeb gossip thread, she was accused of groping a female makeup artist a while ago, but nothing came of it.

Where are you witnessing all this? Twitter? I thought she had broke up with her partner ages ago at least that’s what I read at the time, didn’t realise they were back together again. Edited to add I was referring to her partner she had her son with.
Instagram

I remember ages ago (a few years back I think) scrolling through twitter and she was tweeting about how her boyfriend was emotionally abusive and how his mum had killed one of her dogs 😕. Some of the replies were clearly people who knew her IRL and were worried about her asking her to get in touch, and then the tweets were quickly deleted and she was back to posting stuff about how happy she was again

She just seems very troubled, and unfortunately seems to attract toxic people when she is vulnerable too. Just hope she gets the help she needs

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I know somebody who has worked with her very recently and they said she was a big drinker. Kept nipping off between filming and then coming back inebriated which made things hard work. They said she's a truly lovely person but obviously very troubled. V sad I think.

• Sad
Reactions: 14

Bloody hell, I remember a few weeks ago she was calling this bloke the love of her life and then as you said a bit later on she was accusing him of cheating and saying it’s ‘just her and her son from now on’ and now she’s back with him?!

Reactions: 4
I know somebody who has worked with her very recently and they said she was a big drinker. Kept nipping off between filming and then coming back inebriated which made things hard work. They said she's a truly lovely person but obviously very troubled. V sad I think.
She's been quite open about her issues with alcohol, I think.

Listening to her being interviewed by Rob Brydon reveals her to be somebody with very low self esteem. Despite being supremely talented she feels herself to be an imposter. She didn’t go to stage school etc. she came across as caring but very fragile. It’s a good listen. She is probably using alcohol as a crutch.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I really like her, from her down to earth openess about her mental health issues etc to her fantastic acting.
As others have said the loss of her dad naturally affected her a lot. Hope she has a good support network around her. She always comes across as lovely in interviews.

Reactions: 8
I cannot stand her. I grew up fairly close to her, she competed in the same dance comps and festivals as me. Her & her mother were your absolute, typical pushy dance mom family. Arrogant, rude, ignorant and selfish. I will never forget how nasty and mean she was to some girls.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Loved her in Two Pints but never followed her much after that. She seems someone who should have been fairly big but didn't quite 'make it'. I know she's done other stuff but it seems her personal life gets in the way.

And by making it I mean like Olivia Coleman level

Reactions: 12
Loved her in Two Pints but never followed her much after that. She seems someone who should have been fairly big but didn't quite 'make it'. I know she's done other stuff but it seems her personal life gets in the way.

And by making it I mean like Olivia Coleman level
There was a time when her and Olivia Colman seemed to be in every other program. I've joked before that the only thing missing was them playing a couple!

Which didn't happen, but they were both in the same thing once.

Reactions: 5
First time I saw her was as Anthony's girlfriend, Emma, in 'The Royle Family' and have seen other things she's been in. She is very talented but, like others have said, she's a very fragile soul. Probably has mental health issues which she self-medicates with alcohol. Hope she can find genuine support and help from trusted sources because not only for herself, she has a little one, now, and there are his needs to think of. Sometimes, when you have some form of talent or genius, there often seems to be a huge price to pay, in terms of mental health and well-being.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Did she not lose her dad recently? I miss my dad every day and he died 12 years ago.

I’ve been there with addiction too and I’m so glad there wasn’t social media when I drank. I’m not suggesting that everything she posts is or was purely drink talking but I remember the mother-in-law/dog thing too and whatever reason she posted then deleted it, it’s not great.

It’s a tale as old as time sadly, person with everything going for them saddled with addiction issues and it must be so harder when you’re in the public eye

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Did she not lose her dad recently? I miss my dad every day and he died 12 years ago.

I’ve been there with addiction too
and I’m so glad there wasn’t social media when I drank. I’m not suggesting that everything she posts is or was purely drink talking but I remember the mother-in-law/dog thing too and whatever reason she posted then deleted it, it’s not great.

It’s a tale as old as time sadly, person with everything going for them saddled with addiction issues and it must be so harder when you’re in the public eye
I'm sure you do. Me too (similar time gap, there- my dad passed away 2009). :(
Losing her dad must have had a devastating effect on her as I think they were very close.

My 'addiction' has been related to an eating disorder (anorexia/ compulsive exercise) and it does take over your life. It recurred, after 30 years 'clear', during the pandemic. It was triggered by the pandemic coinciding with a very badly timed personal trauma/ shock. Lost a lot of weight but have managed to keep it stable now, without going too far, but it made me realize how easily specific 'triggers', even with a significant time difference, can make you vulnerable (Thankfully, I love food!).

I was old and wise enough to keep it out of social media exchanges but it would have been so visible had I been in the public eye. Shudder the thought. Fame definitely isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially for people with already fragile egos. And it won't bring Sheridan's dad back.

Again, I hope she gets on top of it if things are not going well as it sounds like she will always be someone who needs good support.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Bloody hell, I remember a few weeks ago she was calling this bloke the love of her life and then as you said a bit later on she was accusing him of cheating and saying it’s ‘just her and her son from now on’ and now she’s back with him?!
She broke up with Jamie, her fiance and father of her son a few months ago, and this latest boyfriend is an ex she's got back with recently. I think she's moved on too fast but she seems quite impulsive... I read she got engaged to Jamie after only 3 months of meeting him. He was also the love of her life!

Reactions: 6