Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
No, she wouldn’t have the clout, but she might think that she does and her team is at fault. I think she is projecting her insecurities onto other people, looking for someone to blame for feeling shit. She is blaming her team because she pays them so she thinks she can rage at them rather than looking inwards. You can bet your life her team are looking to get away from her. She is on one of her downward slumps. I lose a bit of patience with people like her. Money in the bank, a lovely house, a lovely child, lots of talent in different areas, the chance to do interesting work and opportunities to do a lot of different stuff. She said she feels like an imposter (on Brydon podcast). Either get help with that or just find something else to do.

It’s Monday morning. Most people reading this are having to work long hours in a shit job to live in a small abode whilst juggling childcare, ageing parents, health issues and other problems. We don’t have teams to fall back on, we have to just get on with it. I think she is an amazing talent but a self indulgent woman.

To be fair, mental health issues are not restricted to people with 'normal' incomes and jobs. Depression and addiction doesn't care how much money you have and how 'famous' you might be.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

House of Tea

VIP Member
I’m not sure she would have the clout for her team to say “Sheridan would love to come on but unless you swap out Jonathan Clarkson for a female, she’s not coming”. If it was the case that JR himself asked her if she was ok and she said “it’s not you” then it’s not fair to say she’s been on a misogynistic show - it’s his show.

It looks like she’s on a real downward spiral and rightly or wrongly, she could end up being labelled as trouble and the invitations may dry up altogether
No, she wouldn’t have the clout, but she might think that she does and her team is at fault. I think she is projecting her insecurities onto other people, looking for someone to blame for feeling shit. She is blaming her team because she pays them so she thinks she can rage at them rather than looking inwards. You can bet your life her team are looking to get away from her. She is on one of her downward slumps. I lose a bit of patience with people like her. Money in the bank, a lovely house, a lovely child, lots of talent in different areas, the chance to do interesting work and opportunities to do a lot of different stuff. She said she feels like an imposter (on Brydon podcast). Either get help with that or just find something else to do.

It’s Monday morning. Most people reading this are having to work long hours in a shit job to live in a small abode whilst juggling childcare, ageing parents, health issues and other problems. We don’t have teams to fall back on, we have to just get on with it. I think she is an amazing talent but a self indulgent woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

House of Tea

VIP Member
She is a more talented version of Katona and Westbrook. She has that car crash vibe about her. She will squander her talent.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Sheridan strikes me feeling like she is nobody without a man. On her Insta she is gushing about the new one, who turns out to be an old flame from 20 years ago. From the gushing you sense she feels she is punching. She doesn’t get it, she is the catch. She is talented, wealthy, well regarded in the industry. Sheridan, know your worth..

NowIsGood

Chatty Member
Interesting reading this thread.
I've followed Sheridan's career since two pints. She played some amazing roles a few years ago and was the go-to leading lady, so it was strange to see her presenting that dog grooming show and doing those cover albums.
The moment she began getting those huge arm and hand tattoos was when I really felt something wasn't right (nothing against tattoos, but an actress getting that many big visible ones in a short space of time felt like a red flag)
I hate to say it, but I've known alcoholics and both her appearance and behaviour almost certainly points to a serious problem with drinking.
Just hope her little boy is being looked after, she clearly loves him to pieces!

Reactions: 19

Nuttyzebra

Chatty Member
Anyone else think she's gone into rehab? Maybe the car crash shook her into doing something about her possible substance issues?

Reactions: 18

Rosie glow

VIP Member
I love sheridan I think at her best she is an amazing actress I would watch anything she was in, but sadly It seems she's on a downward spiral. I think she suffered when she lost her dad and never quite recovered. I will never understand why she had the cosmetic surgery she was beautiful without it. I remember watching a documentary about her after she met her boyfriend and I found that uncomfortable viewing something wasn't right back then. I hope she finds the help she needs and gets back to her former glory.

Multi-21

VIP Member
Apparantly the Jonathan Ross thing was aimed at her own team not Ross. Reports she threatened to sack all her team. I like Sheridan (her work anyway) but she is too much of a drama llama. I bet she is hard work for people around her.

I am watching her on Ross show. Puffy fat face. She is probably back on the sauce. I was sure she had turned her life around.
I think she was annoyed her team booked her to go on there but that fact she said it was misogynistic is down to either the guests or production. I didn’t watch it but she was a lone female and I can imagine Ross and Clarkson are the type to get carried away when egging each other on and being the only woman it’s hard to speak up if everyone else around you is laughing.

Just seen this photo on Twitter actually, I wouldn’t have recognised her without the context of the tweet
61D3C998-38B9-49DC-B4CD-6E5254E9F5A2.jpeg

• Wow

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I know this post is from weeks ago but I’m not really sure about her 'punching'…. A few years ago yes but she’s gone downhill fast. I’m a harsh person because I’ve had problems with terrible anxiety and depression* in life but I got myself over it by seeking help and plugging away at getting over it and I'm disappointed when people turn to alcohol (or drugs) or just don’t bother helping themselves. Sheridan has plenty of money and time to get herself sorted, others don’t have that luxury, as others have said she will squander her talent, her wealth and sadly maybe her life.

*ok the depression is a work in progress but you can’t give in.
I’m a recovering alcoholic, I’ve got a good few ‘one days at a time’ under my belt. I can see why people turn to mind altering substances - I know why I drank so much - but I’ll be honest, it is frustrating when you know there’s another way out and they don’t/won’t take it.

I was a complete dickhead when I drank (at the end anyway) because I was so self absorbed, I thought I had it worse than everyone else and I was a professional victim. That’s a hard mindset to get out of when you’re an average Jo, but if you’re surrounded by “yes” people who enable you at every turn, then it’s harder still.

I’m not sure she has anyone in her life who are completely honest with her - maybe her dad held that role. But it looks to me (and it’s just my opinion) that she’s completely free falling and in jeopardy of losing everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
If Sheridan Smith believes that the show is chauvinistic, she needs to explain why.
If she is unable to offer any explanation behind her accusation - she really shouldn’t be throwing accusations around.
I don’t think it will win her any future talk show invitations either.

I’m assuming she wasn’t breathalyser because either she wasn’t driving, or she said she wasn’t driving when they visited her at home and they couldn’t prove otherwise.
I suppose even if they breathalysed her at her home and she failed she could've said she had a drink when she got there to steady her nerves! Then it would have been difficult to prove otherwise. Makes you wonder why she went home before police were phoned!! Suspicious in my opinion 🙄

Kmux

VIP Member
Only just found this thread. I always liked her in two pints. I went to see Joseph when she was in it, I went because of Jason Donovan I actually didn’t realise she was in it until I bought the program when I arrived at the theatre. Well, I left completely in awe of her, she was amazing and absolutely stole the show and was brilliant with the kids. I was shocked to read after that there was complaints about her behaviour with the kids and her not being professional backstage. It didn’t seem like that to me but obviously I never saw backstage but she didn’t come across as half arsed or not with it completely the opposite. I think she desperately wants to be happy and have a good home life but is damaged enough to keep destroying it or choose blokes that destroy it. I haven’t read all the comments on this thread I just wanted to give my opinion on her. I will watch anything she is in she was great as cilla and in care

• Heart

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
First time I saw her was as Anthony's girlfriend, Emma, in 'The Royle Family' and have seen other things she's been in. She is very talented but, like others have said, she's a very fragile soul. Probably has mental health issues which she self-medicates with alcohol. Hope she can find genuine support and help from trusted sources because not only for herself, she has a little one, now, and there are his needs to think of. Sometimes, when you have some form of talent or genius, there often seems to be a huge price to pay, in terms of mental health and well-being.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Snowfairy08

Chatty Member
I’m a recovering alcoholic, I’ve got a good few ‘one days at a time’ under my belt. I can see why people turn to mind altering substances - I know why I drank so much - but I’ll be honest, it is frustrating when you know there’s another way out and they don’t/won’t take it.

I was a complete dickhead when I drank (at the end anyway) because I was so self absorbed, I thought I had it worse than everyone else and I was a professional victim. That’s a hard mindset to get out of when you’re an average Jo, but if you’re surrounded by “yes” people who enable you at every turn, then it’s harder still.

I’m not sure she has anyone in her life who are completely honest with her - maybe her dad held that role. But it looks to me (and it’s just my opinion) that she’s completely free falling and in jeopardy of losing everything.
I don’t think I’m an alcoholic on the outside but I do often lie about how much I drink. To others, 3 bottles of wine is s really good weekend. To me, it’s a Tuesday night… I don’t drink everyday but I do find I need a drink prior to most social situations as my anxiety had hit the roof since the first lockdown. Nobody knows, and there’s always jokes about needing glass of wine after work/dealing with kids etc

• Heart
Reactions: 16

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Did she not lose her dad recently? I miss my dad every day and he died 12 years ago.

I’ve been there with addiction too and I’m so glad there wasn’t social media when I drank. I’m not suggesting that everything she posts is or was purely drink talking but I remember the mother-in-law/dog thing too and whatever reason she posted then deleted it, it’s not great.

It’s a tale as old as time sadly, person with everything going for them saddled with addiction issues and it must be so harder when you’re in the public eye

• Heart
Reactions: 15

PinkMariner

Chatty Member
I mentioned earlier in the thread that I grew up around her and her behaviour at Dance shows left a lot to be desired - this is exactly the kind of thing I mean - totally self absorbed, diva behaviour.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
Did she not lose her dad recently? I miss my dad every day and he died 12 years ago.

I’ve been there with addiction too
and I’m so glad there wasn’t social media when I drank. I’m not suggesting that everything she posts is or was purely drink talking but I remember the mother-in-law/dog thing too and whatever reason she posted then deleted it, it’s not great.

It’s a tale as old as time sadly, person with everything going for them saddled with addiction issues and it must be so harder when you’re in the public eye
I'm sure you do. Me too (similar time gap, there- my dad passed away 2009). :(
Losing her dad must have had a devastating effect on her as I think they were very close.

My 'addiction' has been related to an eating disorder (anorexia/ compulsive exercise) and it does take over your life. It recurred, after 30 years 'clear', during the pandemic. It was triggered by the pandemic coinciding with a very badly timed personal trauma/ shock. Lost a lot of weight but have managed to keep it stable now, without going too far, but it made me realize how easily specific 'triggers', even with a significant time difference, can make you vulnerable (Thankfully, I love food!).

I was old and wise enough to keep it out of social media exchanges but it would have been so visible had I been in the public eye. Shudder the thought. Fame definitely isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially for people with already fragile egos. And it won't bring Sheridan's dad back.

Again, I hope she gets on top of it if things are not going well as it sounds like she will always be someone who needs good support.

• Heart

D33pthroat

I used to look down my nose at alcoholics and drug addicts because I never indulged in drugs and whilst I could drink with the best of them could give up alcohol tomorrow. There isn’t even any in my house ever unless someone comes round.
Turns out I was an addict but just in other ways. I was a sex addict and I would date a different woman every night and I thought I was some cool stud until a brilliant therapist sternly told me I was an addict. I was so caught up in my own life and drama and problems that I made excuses for what I did and how I treated people and I pushed so many people away through my behaviour and lost loved ones and ruined others’ relationships.

My therapist convinced me to do the twelve steps and do group therapy with other addicts and it changed my life. Everyone has their own addictions and vices and I implore anyone to get help if they need it. You are not alone and we all go through struggles and addiction in some form at some time in our lives.
If you aren’t embarrassed by who you were last year then you aren’t growing and learning enough.
Sending love x

• Heart

Floosh

I know somebody who has worked with her very recently and they said she was a big drinker. Kept nipping off between filming and then coming back inebriated which made things hard work. They said she's a truly lovely person but obviously very troubled. V sad I think.

• Sad

Briar Rose

Seems like there is more going on with Sheridan than we're being told as the Mail are doing that thing where they are printing loads of stories but stories that actually say nothing at all.

Hope she'll be okay.