Shein clothing - what's it like?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find the quality fab most of the time, it’s the exact same items that are sold in stores like Primark and Matalan to Next and ASOS (for a fraction of the price) so I don’t know why people expect differently? Almost all the clothes we purchase from the high street (no matter the price point) are from China, the point with SHEIN is you’re just buying direct without the enormous markup.

I’ve also been getting my returns money back within a day or two of posting recently which has been great too.

Reactions: 13
They are brilliant for accessories. Had some amazing earrings that are so cheap! Some of my favourite dresses are from there. Currently waiting for an order for some anklets. Ordered some crowns for the jubilee! 😂 The reviews with pictures are incredibly helpful.

Reactions: 1
I've just done a large order, quite a few things are going back but there's some decent stuff in amongst it. Sunglasses for £2.50 can't be beaten really and as someone who is ordering plus size clothes it's fantastic as the range is brilliant. So many shops are reducing their plus size ranges or they're extortionate for crap quality so I'll happily give my money to a company who caters for me. Still waiting for refund as I dropped the parcel off on Friday so hopefully it's quite quick.

Reactions: 2
Whatever size you are (whether you're size 12,14 or 16), buy the next size up as I always find their clothes come up smaller than you expect.

Reactions: 3
I’ve bought quite a lot off it but I always read the reviews and always size up I’m a 10/12 and usually order a large and everything’s been great!

I’m my experience a lot of it is cheap polyester, and doesn’t look good after a few wears. I gave up on it. Polyester summer dresses feel way too sweaty!

Iv not had a bad time with them except for one item which was a jumper which melted in the wash, but that may be a me thing 😂.

The dresses I have bought from the plus size have been really nice, I always look at the reviews and check if people have posted photos. I have bought quite a few little stationery bits from there before too and they have been alright.

Bought a fair bit during lockdown… I’d rate it! Some of my favourite tops are from there but really it is super for hairbands, hair jewellery and earrings etc… I bought a fab diamanté hair jewel for a wedding it cost me €2!!! I’m dying to try their shoes but haven’t braved that with my hooves…

I’ve had some nice dresses from there, always get compliments when I wear them and people are surprised they’re from Shein. I do always read the reviews though and usually if I order say 10 things, 6 or 7 will be going back. But that can be the same with places like asos too tbh.

Order from Shein.uk. one batch was delivered on day three!
This is a stupid question but is there a way of ordering like this on the app? An order I got recently had a few things that came on day 3 too, but I can’t see anything that actually shows the difference when ordering. I’m panic buying for a wedding in two weeks and the standard delivery date is too long!

I got some amazing jeans, cardigans and accessories, also some awesome coats for the price. The t shirts / vests can be a bit too polyester-y and crap quality, they don’t wash very well.
Also the kids clothes are great! My kids have some super fun bits and bobs from there that they love.
Sizing isn’t as bad as a lot of Asian shops! I tried sizing up on my first order and didn’t really need to tbh. The reviews are absolute gold as u can see how the clothes fit on real people (as opposed to ASOS where everything is styled and pinned and photoshopped and often looks shite in real life)

I got a 1 shoulder dress today, my first order, and I really like it. Thin but not see-through and fits lovely. I'd never risked it before as worried would be like wish 😆 had some rotters off there back in the day lol

I’ve had some nice dresses from there, always get compliments when I wear them and people are surprised they’re from Shein. I do always read the reviews though and usually if I order say 10 things, 6 or 7 will be going back. But that can be the same with places like asos too tbh.

This is a stupid question but is there a way of ordering like this on the app? An order I got recently had a few things that came on day 3 too, but I can’t see anything that actually shows the difference when ordering. I’m panic buying for a wedding in two weeks and the standard delivery date is too long!

But via Shein.uk web site

I quite like it! Done a few orders and if you read reviews carefully you’ll get tips on sizing etc for that item, my only complaint is that some of the tops seem quite short!

Awful company. A chance for China to spy on you, poorly made garments and by people working for peanuts.

• Angry

Awful company. A chance for China to spy on you, poorly made garments and by people working for peanuts.
I see so many people justifying shopping at shein because they can’t afford expensive clothes and don’t have time to thrift or repair what they have or learn to make their own. On tiktok if you criticise people for buying this brand you get called classist and fatphobic.

This just highlights for me how disconnected the west is; obviously looking cute on a budget is far more important than the human rights of those who live in the East.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I see so many people justifying shopping at shein because they can’t afford expensive clothes and don’t have time to thrift or repair what they have or learn to make their own. On tiktok if you criticise people for buying this brand you get called classist and fatphobic.

This just highlights for me how disconnected the west is; obviously looking cute on a budget is far more important than the human rights of those who live in the East.
Well said. The company is linked to a dictatorship country that spies on people. God knows what they use customer details for of ages, card details, address etc. Trust them at your own risk. Then you have staff probably working 14 hours a day for a few pence in our currency an hour and in poor working conditions you wouldn't get away with in the West. The sickening result of the Instagram generation of people who can't be seen posting a photo in the same outfit more than once. The landfill of their cheaply made rubbish is huge.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

Genuine question - how is China spying on people who buy from Shein? What do you mean ?