Shampoo & conditioner

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My hair type is just like yours! I too have frizzy and slightly wavy hair, but products designed for this hair type weigh it down.

I also wash my hair everyday which is bad 😖 My hair doesn’t get particular greasy, but my scalp seems to get really sweaty at night, plus I workout everyday, so more sweat. These leaves my scalp feeling itchy and just gross. I hate the feeling. Love the feeling of freshly washed hair. During lockdown I’ve tried to ‘train’ my hair into getting used to less washes, but have failed. Should try again really.

I currently use Redken extreme shampoo. This is always on offer on Lookfantastic and Allbeauty. For conditioner I use Pantene repair and protect.

Interested in trying the L’Oréal wonder water a few of you have mentioned.
YES this is how I feel!! I feel itchy and just don’t feel right all day if I don’t wash it!! Even the days I just bung it on top of my head I still have to wash it!!

Reactions: 2
YES this is how I feel!! I feel itchy and just don’t feel right all day if I don’t wash it!! Even the days I just bung it on top of my head I still have to wash it!!
Such a pain isn’t it! I thought that barely leaving the house due to COVID would mean less hair washing 😂
Okay, I am going to try and wash just every other day this week and see how it goes.

Btw, the Paul Mitchel shampoo you mentioned in your first post sounds good. I might give that one a go for a bit just to give my hair a break from the Redken one I’ve been using forever.

I’ve just started using Function of Beauty. I love it. You choose what you want from it on the website and can choose the fragrance etc.

Such a pain isn’t it! I thought that barely leaving the house due to COVID would mean less hair washing 😂
Okay, I am going to try and wash just every other day this week and see how it goes.

Btw, the Paul Mitchel shampoo you mentioned in your first post sounds good. I might give that one a go for a bit just to give my hair a break from the Redken one I’ve been using forever.
yeah even during lockdown I’m washing it every day 🤦‍♀️
I love the Paul Mitchell lavender mint. They use it on my hair at my hairdressers which is how I got into it. Smells so good, really clams my hair down too. I still use it now but I save it for weekends and days we actually go out... 🥴 like going to the supermarket haha

Reactions: 1
My hair is fairly thick and wavy and past shoulder length, I have started using a shampoo from B and M, it is a banana one with no parabens etc. It was only £1 so I thought I have nothing to lose but my hair seems to love it?!

Totally relate to this. Can’t bear having unwashed hair. I’ve tried leaving it and prolonging to every other day but I end up with spots along my hairline.
Interestingly Olivia Palmero- American “It” girl with gorgeous hair- claims to wash her hair everyday. Although, sadly my hair doesn’t quite resemble hers....😢

My hair is fine & limp, it's really long too like down past my ribs. I used to wash it every day and I used this Palmer's Coconut Co-wash €4.99 in boots, which made my hair really soft and manageable (no tangles). It make take a week or so for you hair to adjust but in the long run I think it's much better. I think it would work well with your dry hair, might be worth a go & it would save you time too cos it's 2 in 1.

1614654920846.png

I want to try the L’Oréal wonder water. I’m using L’Oréal dream lengths, honestly nicer than some expensive shampoo/conditioner I’ve used. I use Kebelo clarifying shampoo once a month to remove any buildup.
The Wonder Water does not agree with my hair at all. I have fine hair, but there’s tons of it and it is about nipple-length. The Wonder Water makes my hair feel soooo heavy and it feels like it’s never fully rinsed out of my hair, no matter how long I rinse for. I don’t have that problem with any other conditioners (including deep-conditioning masks). I usually wash every three or four days but whenever I use this I always go crazy and wash again the next morning because my hair just doesn’t feel clean.

• Sad
I use the ASP Mode colour rich shampoo and conditioner (I order the 1 litre bottles and they last months) it lathers up amazing and hair feels so good after. I use ASP colour for my regrowth also and love it.

The other stuff I use is the lemon pie shampoo bar and the lime and I think rosemary conditioner bar from an eco soap place on facebook (cant remember the name) hair feels bloody fantastic after so squeaky clean and soft but I do find them more of a faff than using liquid shampoo as take longer to lather up.

I use olaplex shampoo and conditioner and pureology hydrate - tend to rotate them and they’re both bloody brilliant. They’ve really helped my hair last between washes! I still get very oily roots but the rest of my hair lasts a lot longer than it used to so I just dry shampoo the roots

To actually clean the hair it’s best to use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. But limit washing to once or twice a week MAX!

I use ColorWow and order it from look fantastic. It’s really pricey but really worth it. Also second the recommendations for Olaplex. The Olaplex no. 3 hair treatment is amazing!!

Not to bash them but brands such as L’Oréal, tresemme, head and shoulders and most of the ones that you can pick up in the supedmarket won’t clean your hair. They’ll make your hair smell nice, but won’t actually remove the build up of dirt

I like ogx shampoo and conditioner, and have recently been using the Aveeno almond oil conditioner from Boots, which has been really good for my dry hair.
Herbal essences do a sulfate free shampoo which smells amazing and is also really affordable!

I hate Function of Beauty ... my hair has never been so dry, frizzy and it’s turned a weird green colour! Going back to the go blonder one by John Frieda tomorrow!!

I hate Function of Beauty ... my hair has never been so dry, frizzy and it’s turned a weird green colour! Going back to the go blonder one by John Frieda tomorrow!!
Omg what?? I was going to try it at some point but already was put off the price, you've fully turned me off that now haha!

Yeah Function of Beauty is a load of crap, it's honestly just a gimmick! Don't waste your money

Omg what?? I was going to try it at some point but already was put off the price, you've fully turned me off that now haha!
Honestly it blows my mind that they have such great comments on social media, it’s such a waste of money!! My hair is so dry and frizzy!

I think washing it every day will contribute to it feeling heavy. My hair sounds similar to yours and I wash it every other day - I was using the loreal light green bottle shampoo and conditioner for dry ends and oily roots for about a year but I've switched to a pantene one this past week for a change. It says it has 0% parabens and such which I think might make it feel nice without it being heavy from all the chemicals. I use the 99p alberto balsam ones when the student loan is running low and they smell nice and do the job.
Update that nobody asked for - the pantene smooth and silky shampoo and conditioner is really nice. My hair is definitely less frizzy and I always leave to air dry unless I need to leave the house straight after having a shower.
I've also heard bad things about FoB. The influencers are paid to love it but I've had about 3 different people tell me it didn't work for them at all and contributed to hair loss etc