Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Base2019

VIP Member
Kerastase discipline range is fab for frizz, I love it. Look fantastic have 30% off all keratase at the mo! I treated myself to a mask šŸ¤£ have my eye on their scalp scrub too šŸ¤£

Also hear that eleven Australia Deep Clean shampoo is brill for squeaky clean feeling, even once a week. Few of my friends rave about it.

Reactions: 4

Jg182

My hair type is just like yours! I too have frizzy and slightly wavy hair, but products designed for this hair type weigh it down.

I also wash my hair everyday which is bad šŸ˜– My hair doesnā€™t get particular greasy, but my scalp seems to get really sweaty at night, plus I workout everyday, so more sweat. These leaves my scalp feeling itchy and just gross. I hate the feeling. Love the feeling of freshly washed hair. During lockdown Iā€™ve tried to ā€˜trainā€™ my hair into getting used to less washes, but have failed. Should try again really.

I currently use Redken extreme shampoo. This is always on offer on Lookfantastic and Allbeauty. For conditioner I use Pantene repair and protect.

Interested in trying the Lā€™OrĆ©al wonder water a few of you have mentioned.
YES this is how I feel!! I feel itchy and just donā€™t feel right all day if I donā€™t wash it!! Even the days I just bung it on top of my head I still have to wash it!!

Reactions: 2

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I think washing it every day will contribute to it feeling heavy. My hair sounds similar to yours and I wash it every other day - I was using the loreal light green bottle shampoo and conditioner for dry ends and oily roots for about a year but I've switched to a pantene one this past week for a change. It says it has 0% parabens and such which I think might make it feel nice without it being heavy from all the chemicals. I use the 99p alberto balsam ones when the student loan is running low and they smell nice and do the job.

justheretoread99

VIP Member
To actually clean the hair itā€™s best to use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. But limit washing to once or twice a week MAX!

I use ColorWow and order it from look fantastic. Itā€™s really pricey but really worth it. Also second the recommendations for Olaplex. The Olaplex no. 3 hair treatment is amazing!!

Not to bash them but brands such as Lā€™OrĆ©al, tresemme, head and shoulders and most of the ones that you can pick up in the supedmarket wonā€™t clean your hair. Theyā€™ll make your hair smell nice, but wonā€™t actually remove the build up of dirt

Jg182

I use L'Oreal Fibrology thickening shampoo and every so often I used Pantene Clarifying shampoo. I can't seem to get it here anymore though, so I stocked up in 2019 when I was in Majorca, but am down to half a bottle now, and not going to be going abroad anytime soon :(

I vary with conditioners. I like the Garnier Ultimate Blends hair masks, and bought the L'Oreal Elvive Wonder Water a few weeks ago when it was less than half price in Superdrug. I'm really impressed with it. I actually bought two more bottles while the half price offer was still on.
oh I hate when that happens. I used to LOVE the old style herbal essences the rose one. But canā€™t get hold of it anymore. Iv never really found one I like the same since!!

• Sad
  • Heart

ladyburner

I want to try the Lā€™OrĆ©al wonder water. Iā€™m using Lā€™OrĆ©al dream lengths, honestly nicer than some expensive shampoo/conditioner Iā€™ve used. I use Kebelo clarifying shampoo once a month to remove any buildup.
The Wonder Water does not agree with my hair at all. I have fine hair, but thereā€™s tons of it and it is about nipple-length. The Wonder Water makes my hair feel soooo heavy and it feels like itā€™s never fully rinsed out of my hair, no matter how long I rinse for. I donā€™t have that problem with any other conditioners (including deep-conditioning masks). I usually wash every three or four days but whenever I use this I always go crazy and wash again the next morning because my hair just doesnā€™t feel clean.

• Sad

under the ivy

VIP Member
I want to try the Lā€™OrĆ©al wonder water. Iā€™m using Lā€™OrĆ©al dream lengths, honestly nicer than some expensive shampoo/conditioner Iā€™ve used. I use Kebelo clarifying shampoo once a month to remove any buildup.

Reactions: 1

Jg182

I have a different hair type to you, so can't recommend anything specifically, but have you tried Joico? I've tried so many over the years (and currently use NAK along with Joico), but always gravitate back to Joico. They sell little travel packs which is a great way to see if they're right for you.
oh Thankyou, Iv never heard of it but will take a look. Great idea trying a travel size first

Jg182

Such a pain isnā€™t it! I thought that barely leaving the house due to COVID would mean less hair washing šŸ˜‚
Okay, I am going to try and wash just every other day this week and see how it goes.

Btw, the Paul Mitchel shampoo you mentioned in your first post sounds good. I might give that one a go for a bit just to give my hair a break from the Redken one Iā€™ve been using forever.
yeah even during lockdown Iā€™m washing it every day šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
I love the Paul Mitchell lavender mint. They use it on my hair at my hairdressers which is how I got into it. Smells so good, really clams my hair down too. I still use it now but I save it for weekends and days we actually go out... šŸ„“ like going to the supermarket haha

Camelia

I'm a Helbal Essences fan as love the scents and my hairs seems to agree with whatever the brand uses to make their products.
Atm using White Grapefruit and Mosa Mint shampoo and the Coconut Milk mask.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I'd definitely recommend it. It's brilliant. My hair is almost waist length now (though that's more the pandemic's choice than mine unfortunately :rolleyes:) but the wonder water makes it much softer and more manageable.
I usually put it in a towel for a while after I come out of the shower and do my make up etc. When I take it out, I use a wide tooth comb and it just glides through.

The offer seems to be over in Superdrug at the moment, it's 3for2 in Boots, but it's still a tenner. I got it for Ā£4 something in Superdrug a few weeks ago. Keep an eye on their website. It'll probably go on offer again.

kittypaws

VIP Member
I use olaplex shampoo and conditioner and pureology hydrate - tend to rotate them and theyā€™re both bloody brilliant. Theyā€™ve really helped my hair last between washes! I still get very oily roots but the rest of my hair lasts a lot longer than it used to so I just dry shampoo the roots

orlyb1310

VIP Member
I think washing it every day will contribute to it feeling heavy. My hair sounds similar to yours and I wash it every other day - I was using the loreal light green bottle shampoo and conditioner for dry ends and oily roots for about a year but I've switched to a pantene one this past week for a change. It says it has 0% parabens and such which I think might make it feel nice without it being heavy from all the chemicals. I use the 99p alberto balsam ones when the student loan is running low and they smell nice and do the job.
Update that nobody asked for - the pantene smooth and silky shampoo and conditioner is really nice. My hair is definitely less frizzy and I always leave to air dry unless I need to leave the house straight after having a shower.
I've also heard bad things about FoB. The influencers are paid to love it but I've had about 3 different people tell me it didn't work for them at all and contributed to hair loss etc

marlaxo

My hair is fairly thick and wavy and past shoulder length, I have started using a shampoo from B and M, it is a banana one with no parabens etc. It was only Ā£1 so I thought I have nothing to lose but my hair seems to love it?!

IndigoViolet

YES this is how I feel!! I feel itchy and just donā€™t feel right all day if I donā€™t wash it!! Even the days I just bung it on top of my head I still have to wash it!!
Totally relate to this. Canā€™t bear having unwashed hair. Iā€™ve tried leaving it and prolonging to every other day but I end up with spots along my hairline.
Interestingly Olivia Palmero- American ā€œItā€ girl with gorgeous hair- claims to wash her hair everyday. Although, sadly my hair doesnā€™t quite resemble hers....šŸ˜¢

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member
I hate Function of Beauty ... my hair has never been so dry, frizzy and itā€™s turned a weird green colour! Going back to the go blonder one by John Frieda tomorrow!!

kittypaws

VIP Member
Yeah Function of Beauty is a load of crap, it's honestly just a gimmick! Don't waste your money

1001 others

VIP Member
I have a different hair type to you, so can't recommend anything specifically, but have you tried Joico? I've tried so many over the years (and currently use NAK along with Joico), but always gravitate back to Joico. They sell little travel packs which is a great way to see if they're right for you.

DanaScully

Chatty Member
Your hair could be frizzy and dry as you're stripping out the natural oils by washing it every day?

I use Head and Shoulders shampoo and either OGX or Maui conditioner (wash twice, condition once then heat protection serum before drying).