Shampoo & conditioner

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any recommendations for shampoo & conditioners!!!
I was using Paul Mitchell lavendar& mint, but it gets quite pricey as I wash my hair every day.

My hairs alittle Frizzy and dry but I find a lot of the shampoo and conditioners for dry/Damaged hair make my hair feel heavy.
I like a shampoo that leaves my hair squeaky clean!!
Any recommendations?

I have a different hair type to you, so can't recommend anything specifically, but have you tried Joico? I've tried so many over the years (and currently use NAK along with Joico), but always gravitate back to Joico. They sell little travel packs which is a great way to see if they're right for you.

Reactions: 1
I have a different hair type to you, so can't recommend anything specifically, but have you tried Joico? I've tried so many over the years (and currently use NAK along with Joico), but always gravitate back to Joico. They sell little travel packs which is a great way to see if they're right for you.
oh Thankyou, Iv never heard of it but will take a look. Great idea trying a travel size first

Kerastase discipline range is fab for frizz, I love it. Look fantastic have 30% off all keratase at the mo! I treated myself to a mask 🤣 have my eye on their scalp scrub too 🤣

Also hear that eleven Australia Deep Clean shampoo is brill for squeaky clean feeling, even once a week. Few of my friends rave about it.

Reactions: 4
I use L'Oreal Fibrology thickening shampoo and every so often I used Pantene Clarifying shampoo. I can't seem to get it here anymore though, so I stocked up in 2019 when I was in Majorca, but am down to half a bottle now, and not going to be going abroad anytime soon :(

I vary with conditioners. I like the Garnier Ultimate Blends hair masks, and bought the L'Oreal Elvive Wonder Water a few weeks ago when it was less than half price in Superdrug. I'm really impressed with it. I actually bought two more bottles while the half price offer was still on.

I want to try the L’Oréal wonder water. I’m using L’Oréal dream lengths, honestly nicer than some expensive shampoo/conditioner I’ve used. I use Kebelo clarifying shampoo once a month to remove any buildup.

I want to try the L’Oréal wonder water. I’m using L’Oréal dream lengths, honestly nicer than some expensive shampoo/conditioner I’ve used. I use Kebelo clarifying shampoo once a month to remove any buildup.
I'd definitely recommend it. It's brilliant. My hair is almost waist length now (though that's more the pandemic's choice than mine unfortunately :rolleyes:) but the wonder water makes it much softer and more manageable.
I usually put it in a towel for a while after I come out of the shower and do my make up etc. When I take it out, I use a wide tooth comb and it just glides through.

The offer seems to be over in Superdrug at the moment, it's 3for2 in Boots, but it's still a tenner. I got it for £4 something in Superdrug a few weeks ago. Keep an eye on their website. It'll probably go on offer again.

I use L'Oreal Fibrology thickening shampoo and every so often I used Pantene Clarifying shampoo. I can't seem to get it here anymore though, so I stocked up in 2019 when I was in Majorca, but am down to half a bottle now, and not going to be going abroad anytime soon :(

I vary with conditioners. I like the Garnier Ultimate Blends hair masks, and bought the L'Oreal Elvive Wonder Water a few weeks ago when it was less than half price in Superdrug. I'm really impressed with it. I actually bought two more bottles while the half price offer was still on.
oh I hate when that happens. I used to LOVE the old style herbal essences the rose one. But can’t get hold of it anymore. Iv never really found one I like the same since!!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I was using Paul Mitchell lavendar& mint, but it gets quite pricey as I wash my hair every day.

My hairs alittle Frizzy and dry but I find a lot of the shampoo and conditioners for dry/Damaged hair make my hair feel heavy.
Any recommendations?
I bought a new shampoo and conditioner a few months ago and I don’t like it at all, so I was looking for a new one today.

I’ve gone for Aveda mint and rosemary shampoo as I read it was good for oily hair. L’Oréal dream lengths conditioner, because my ends are quite damaged and dry and I also bought the wonder water too!

I love the Maui shampoos, or body shop do nice shampoos as well. Kerastase is good but a bit pricey.

oh I hate when that happens. I used to LOVE the old style herbal essences the rose one. But can’t get hold of it anymore. Iv never really found one I like the same since!!
I used to love the old green Herbal Essences one.

Your hair could be frizzy and dry as you're stripping out the natural oils by washing it every day?

I use Head and Shoulders shampoo and either OGX or Maui conditioner (wash twice, condition once then heat protection serum before drying).

I usually use Maui or OGX but bought a new one yesterday called ‘Noughty’, not tried it yet but the reviews seem ok so hoping it’ll be alright!

I think washing it every day will contribute to it feeling heavy. My hair sounds similar to yours and I wash it every other day - I was using the loreal light green bottle shampoo and conditioner for dry ends and oily roots for about a year but I've switched to a pantene one this past week for a change. It says it has 0% parabens and such which I think might make it feel nice without it being heavy from all the chemicals. I use the 99p alberto balsam ones when the student loan is running low and they smell nice and do the job.

Reactions: 2
I'm a Helbal Essences fan as love the scents and my hairs seems to agree with whatever the brand uses to make their products.
Atm using White Grapefruit and Mosa Mint shampoo and the Coconut Milk mask.

Your hair could be frizzy and dry as you're stripping out the natural oils by washing it every day?

I use Head and Shoulders shampoo and either OGX or Maui conditioner (wash twice, condition once then heat protection serum before drying).
because my hairs thick though I always feel like the roots get abit not greasy but dirty feeling if I don’t wash it everyday. I just can’t stand the feeling of second day hair!! I know it’s most likely not helping 🥴
Prehaps I’ll try again to leave it to every other day!

because my hairs thick though I always feel like the roots get abit not greasy but dirty feeling if I don’t wash it everyday. I just can’t stand the feeling of second day hair!! I know it’s most likely not helping 🥴
Prehaps I’ll try again to leave it to every other day!
Mine is very thick too and I wash mine twice a week. I couldn't cope with washing and drying it every day, it's like a mane 😂

If you can hold off on washing for a day or two I bet you'll see a big improvement on it feeling dry and frizzy.

Any recommendations?
My hair type is just like yours! I too have frizzy and slightly wavy hair, but products designed for this hair type weigh it down.

I also wash my hair everyday which is bad 😖 My hair doesn’t get particular greasy, but my scalp seems to get really sweaty at night, plus I workout everyday, so more sweat. These leaves my scalp feeling itchy and just gross. I hate the feeling. Love the feeling of freshly washed hair. During lockdown I’ve tried to ‘train’ my hair into getting used to less washes, but have failed. Should try again really.

I currently use Redken extreme shampoo. This is always on offer on Lookfantastic and Allbeauty. For conditioner I use Pantene repair and protect.

Interested in trying the L’Oréal wonder water a few of you have mentioned.