Selling on Depop and Vinted #4 hi-ho-hi-ho off the scammers go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me that can't stand being bothered all the time. Buy something, receive a message to say thank you. They post it and message me to say theyve posted it. Just let me be, why do we need to communicate so much 😂
It’s the ones that message things like ‘hope you love it 🥰’ after you’ve received your item for me. Like chill, if it’s here and as described you’ll get your marked as received and your 5 stars, just leave me be 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve just put a really stunning and striking River Island maxi up. It’s an absolute bargain, I’ve worn it twice on hols last year. I bought it in the sale for something like £20-25. I’ve put it up for a fiver and I’ve now refused three offers of £4.
Grrrrr!
And here’s one to add to don’t drink and Vinted… don’t Vinted when you’re tired either. I ended up buying more stuff last night! I need to stop, my spare room is overflowing with stuff, I sorted my summer stuff out today and put a load up. Hopefully if I manage to shift it I can have a proper sort out and get rid of a load more.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This is your reminder that: Wedding/prom/christening/outdoor party season is coming up. If you have any posh frocks to get rid of, now is the time to list them, along with fascinators, shrugs, bolero jackets, shoes and matching bags etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This is your reminder that: Wedding/prom/christening/outdoor party season is coming up. If you have any posh frocks to get rid of, now is the time to list them, along with fascinators, shrugs, bolero jackets, shoes and matching bags etc.
I spend hours trawling maxi dresses 😂
its fair to say I don’t really do fashion. I mostly live in jeans and iron maiden shirts etc so wedding invites terrify me, and I’ve had one….What do you wear as an evening guest when you Haven’t worn a dress since your wedding 25 years ago?
I’ve concluded long, flowery maxi dress. I think I’ve now seen every single one listed and still not found something I’d be comfortable in.

Reactions: 1
its fair to say I don’t really do fashion. I mostly live in jeans and iron maiden shirts etc so wedding invites terrify me, and I’ve had one….What do you wear as an evening guest when you Haven’t worn a dress since your wedding 25 years ago?
I’ve concluded long, flowery maxi dress. I think I’ve now seen every single one listed and still not found something I’d be comfortable in.
I personally see a floral maxi dress as a summer/holiday item. A tailored pair of trousers with a cami top/jacket or a jumpsuit would look just as nice as a dress with sandals. The dreaded wedding invite is a tricky one if you don't dress up or dislike dresses. I'm more of a classic dresser so I stay away from prints as much as possible.

I have a friend who's more at home in a football shirt or band tee and ripped jeans than frocks 😆 but a couple of times a year she gets dressed up and wears a few 50s style prom dresses that look absolutely stunning and flatter most shapes. Think Hell Bunny etc. They are ideal for formal parties

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I personally see a floral maxi dress as a summer/holiday item. A tailored pair of trousers with a cami top/jacket or a jumpsuit would look just as nice as a dress with sandals. The dreaded wedding invite is a tricky one if you don't dress up or dislike dresses. I'm more of a classic dresser so I stay away from prints as much as possible.

I have a friend who's more at home in a football shirt or band tee and ripped jeans than frocks 😆 but a couple of times a year she gets dressed up and wears a few 50s style prom dresses that look absolutely stunning and flatter most shapes. Think Hell Bunny etc. They are ideal for formal parties
That’s a thought thanks. There was a dress company that did 50s stuff I remember admiring in the past. Might be worth a revisit.
Ill have an hour over a cup of tea tomorrow and see what I can find.

• Heart
That’s a thought thanks. There was a dress company that did 50s stuff I remember admiring in the past. Might be worth a revisit.
Ill have an hour over a cup of tea tomorrow and see what I can find.
Lindy Bop (hope I've spelt it right) is another one. Type in prom dress into vinted and loads will come up, all different styles, some very reasonably priced. Good luck! 🤞

If you were a guest at my wedding I’d honestly prefer you to wear something you felt comfortable in rather than something you thought you had to wear because it was a wedding. Especially as an evening guest I don’t think you need to go full on not your style dress 😁 like a PP says, a pair of tailored trousers and a jacket with a top in your own style would definitely look smart enough for a wedding reception 😊

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.