Selfish Mother

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that author has already had his divorce. But I did lose the will to live after reading the first half.

Reactions: 2
So now we have an article on ‘unschooling’ children (aka keeping them off when you need help packing orders or doing housework or just can’t be bothered with the school run)…

I think “unschooling” is yet another parenting approach that is applauded when you’re middle class, but feral and neglectful when you’re working class.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Unbelievable amount of entitlement. Loads of people commenting that school doesn’t suit everyone are not really getting it are they? The issue is with her thinking it’s ok to do what the hell she likes when she likes. I used to work at a primary school and she’d be on the attendance monitoring list for that. She’s also lucky that she could re-enrol her kids after her trip to Ibiza because lots of schools would have to offer the spaces to others waiting. The impact on pupil funding is something she hasn’t considered either. selfish mother through and through

• Heart
She’s also lucky that she could re-enrol her kids after her trip to Ibiza because lots of schools would have to offer the spaces to others waiting. The impact on pupil funding is something she hasn’t considered either. selfish mother through and through
She doesn’t sent her kids to state school so I suspect paying customers can do what they like, to a certain degree.

Oh ok, I thought she said they went to state school. My mistake. Don’t they have long enough holidays to go abroad anyway then??!

Reactions: 1
Call me old fashioned, but kids being able to read, write and do maths to a level of age-appropriate competency is what school is for, and if you miss loads, well… I could almost understand someone going this if their kids were getting enormous trust funds and would never have to work, but otherwise surely you’re just putting them at a huge disadvantage

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Call me old fashioned, but kids being able to read, write and do maths to a level of age-appropriate competency is what school is for, and if you miss loads, well… I could almost understand someone going this if their kids were getting enormous trust funds and would never have to work, but otherwise surely you’re just putting them at a huge disadvantage
I was just going to say that probably there is money in the background, especially from their dad’s side. Put it this way, the kids probably won’t be scrabbling around trying to find rent money. But I’m assuming they’ll still have to work and have an education. The problem with these types is they love to believe they’re cool rebels, kicking against the system and thinking their kids will learn everything they need from nature and freedom, when in reality they are the most solidly predictable middle class people from a country town that reflects that.

Reactions: 4
Trying to suggest that microdosing psychedelics is something we should all be doing because it’s not addictive blah blah. That everyone is doing it. She’s completely lost her way. She has no comprehension of the damage she is doing to her kids by saying the only way she could cope with them is to be drugged at 6pm when cooking the dinner

Reactions: 3
She is so bleeping tedious with her mildly provocative articles and clearly desperate for cash.

And comments have been turned off on the article on the Times app which is disappointing as I was looking forward to some of the reactions there 😆

Reactions: 5
From previous comments - her and her husband seemed to split for a while and are now back together. It looks like she is now frantically laying claim to him like she has ownership and they are kindred spirits. Pleased for the kids if they can make it work. But this reconciliation seems so over the top somehow - like one up man ship against someone.
of course, she is making money from these articles so that’s a bonus.

From previous comments - her and her husband seemed to split for a while and are now back together. It looks like she is now frantically laying claim to him like she has ownership and they are kindred spirits. Pleased for the kids if they can make it work. But this reconciliation seems so over the top somehow - like one up man ship against someone.
of course, she is making money from these articles so that’s a bonus.
Well it seems it was an April Fool so there we go - still stand by the ownership of her husband thing - bit OTT

Reactions: 1
As usual, the kind of tit that is sooo relatable to the middle class when written by a wealthy white woman, but would cause outrage and social service threats if, god forbid, a working class woman wrote the same.

• Heart
She’s such a horrible cliche, she tries so hard to be edgy but is the absolute opposite. Everything she writes makes me cringe so deeply.

also bollox does she sing her daughter to sleep