Self help books for confidence/self belief - suggestions?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like a lot of people I am really hard on myself and really doubt myself and my capabilities, especially at work. I have always been quite shy, lacking confidence and am just in general a real over thinker/worrier! I think lockdowns have made all of this worse!!

Would like to try some self help books to help build my confidence but have no idea where to start - any suggestions would be welcome! Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
"Feel the fear and do it anyway" is a fave of mine

I also really rate affirmations and subliminals

I often play these ones from Power Thoughts in the background during my day

And these 2 I play while relaxing

I know you asked for books specifically but it may be worth having something like these on at times too as they get into your subconcious. They really helped me when I was going though a particularly low time in my life where I didn't have a great deal of self esteem / confidence.

Meditation and yoga also do wonders to connect you with yourself / self love - I have a link to the calm app for full access to meditations etc if you would like it

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Good Vibes, Good Life - Vex King! It really helped me, I'm always recommending it to everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I second the meditation advice. Headspace have a very good course on self-confidence and on the whole I’ve found I doubt myself a lot less since getting into meditation on a regular basis. Just 10 min a day make a huge difference to my mindset and take on things that happen during the day. Good luck 🤞

Reactions: 7
Thank you all! I have heard great things about Headspace / meditation in general so I will give it a go. I have ordered a daily journal as well ☺ Xx

Reactions: 3
I have found my thread!! God I must waste so much energy overthinking and worrying and doubting myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s so frustrating isn’t it, I wish I could just get out of my head!!
How did you get on with meditation, did it help? Did you use Headspace? I have the app but just the free version, but a lot of the ones that sound good are the premium so I am considering paying for it.

Reactions: 1
Books I liked :

Louise hay - you can heal your life. I also try to listen to her affirmations.

Psychocybernetics - by Maxwell Maltz - a bit wordy and can take time to sink in.

Think and grow rich - Napoleon Hill

The power of now- Ekchart Tole.

What I know for sure - Oprah

The easy way to Increase self belief (hypnosis) by benjamin something. Have this on audiobook.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I also recommend "Feel the fear and do it anyway" too.

The joys of being selfish is an amazing book on boundaries and values!

• Heart
Reactions: 2