Secret Celebrity Gossip #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@maytoseptember would it happen to be a Christine Guntrip you used to work with that was the Mike Barrymore obsessive

we had to deal with her on Topix for NINE YEARS STRAIGHT

that was a kind of early version of Tattle

she also counted the equally vile JIMMY SAVILE among her favourite presenters

we,d need a whole thread if we were to list what she did and said

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
@maytoseptember would it happen to be a Christine Guntrip you used to work with that was the Mike Barrymore obsessive

She sounds nice :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
@klarakluckbag your colleague would be sorely disappointed surely as wasn’t it all filmed in a studio in LA?
Unless she wanted to dance around a fountain in a park somewhere..

Reactions: 3

we,d need a whole thread if we were to list what she did and said
She must have been a great judge of character if Savile and Barrymore were her idols.

There are some strange individuals around, and I always think people that are so very obsessive about another person, someone they don't know, must have empty and unfulfilling personal lives. Their idols take the place of family and friends.

My family and friends would give me a swift kick up the backside if I spent all the timeonline, talking about my popstar heroes. My husband already thinks I'm crackers for reading a Bay City Rollers fan forum :D :D Note: reading, not posting. After all these years, I can't summon up enough enthusiasm to participate in discussions about a long gone boyband of the 70's.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
There’s a few fruit loops on the Duran Duran page I follow. One has had a restraining order, not from a main band member but one of their other musicians. I would be very afraid if I was Nick Rhodes as they’ve turned their attentions on to him.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
She must have been a great judge of character if Savile and Barrymore were her idols.

There are some strange individuals around, and I always think people that are so very obsessive about another person, someone they don't know, must have empty and unfulfilling personal lives. Their idols take the place of family and friends.

My family and friends would give me a swift kick up the backside if I spent all the timeonline, talking about my popstar heroes. My husband already thinks I'm crackers for reading a Bay City Rollers fan forum :D :D Note: reading, not posting. After all these years, I can't summon up enough enthusiasm to participate in discussions about a long gone boyband of the 70's.

some people reading here and Twitter may think I'm obsessed with telly

I AM

although it has been DEEPLY INGRAINED in me from a very early age

well something had to replace the walking part of my brain

by happy accident, it turned out to be telly

I can remember practically pleading to be allowed to stay up for the likes of Spitting Image and Law And Order

which is why I cried with delight when both programmes came back

and my almost obsession with quiz shows COULD be about to lead me to a Zoom in the next few weeks with.....

ready for this

THAT Ben Sheppard

was supposed to happen sooner but his company have been busy putting together the new American version of Lingo hosted by RuPaul

I have already met with one leading quiz producer around my ideas

and I was lucky enough to speak with a childhood crush the other week

what a total diamond Lisa Maffia is

it was always very touching when the well behaved fans got set up BY THEIR OWN FRIENDS AND FAMILY to be on Suprise Suprise or Noel,s Christmas show to meet who they love

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
@klarakluckbag your colleague would be sorely disappointed surely as wasn’t it all filmed in a studio in LA?
Unless she wanted to dance around a fountain in a park somewhere..
Yes, I didn't know this until later (wasn't really interested to be fair!) but we think she honestly thought that she'd be sipping coffee in Central Perk, and bumping into Rachel, her favourite character. Fandom is quite weird in some ways!

Carry on gossiping.

Does anyone else think that Bradley Cooper is turning into a Gringotts Gnome?
There's a FB group called "Fashion Critical" where the admin posted that he looked like "Bradley Cooper's twin who took all of the nourishment in the womb" 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
some people reading here and Twitter may think I'm obsessed with telly

I AM

although it has been DEEPLY INGRAINED in me from a very early age

well something had to replace the walking part of my brain

by happy accident, it turned out to be telly

I can remember practically pleading to be allowed to stay up for the likes of Spitting Image and Law And Order

which is why I cried with delight when both programmes came back

and my almost obsession with quiz shows COULD be about to lead me to a Zoom in the next few weeks with.....

ready for this

THAT Ben Sheppard

was supposed to happen sooner but his company have been busy putting together the new American version of Lingo hosted by RuPaul

I have already met with one leading quiz producer around my ideas

and I was lucky enough to speak with a childhood crush the other week

what a total diamond Lisa Maffia is

it was always very touching when the well behaved fans got set up BY THEIR OWN FRIENDS AND FAMILY to be on Suprise Suprise or Noel,s Christmas show to meet who they love
The walking part of your brain that has been taken over by your telly enthusiasm and knowledge is a good thing! You're obsessive about lots of different programmes, actors and presenters, and there's your ahem liking for the older lady as well ;)

Scary obsessives are those who focus on one thing, one person, and absolutely nothing else interests them. I'm thinking of the superfans and the stalkers who think they have some kind of right to attempt to infiltrate their idol's personal and private life. Harry Styles had an intruder recently, a man who he'd got a restraining order against, yet still the man broke into his home and attacked a staff member. That is frightening.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
The walking part of your brain that has been taken over by your telly enthusiasm and knowledge is a good thing! You're obsessive about lots of different programmes, actors and presenters, and there's your ahem liking for the older lady as well ;)

Scary obsessives are those who focus on one thing, one person, and absolutely nothing else interests them. I'm thinking of the superfans and the stalkers who think they have some kind of right to attempt to infiltrate their idol's personal and private life. Harry Styles had an intruder recently, a man who he'd got a restraining order against, yet still the man broke into his home and attacked a staff member. That is frightening.
There was an amazing program ages ago about Superfans. They had a Mike Reed (old DJ) fan on it and she was absolutely crackers. She turned up to a recording studio/radio station where he was working and tried to get them to let her in. She said her name was Mrs Mike Reed. Claimed he was her husband. She looked like you’d imagine a female middle aged super fan to look too. (She says, as a middle aged woman herself) I remember the receptionists were a mix of confused/amused/alarmed. 🤣
Very odd.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
There was an amazing program ages ago about Superfans. They had a Mike Reed (old DJ) fan on it and she was absolutely crackers. She turned up to a recording studio/radio station where he was working and tried to get them to let her in. She said her name was Mrs Mike Reed. Claimed he was her husband. She looked like you’d imagine a female middle aged super fan to look too. (She says, as a middle aged woman herself) I remember the receptionists were a mix of confused/amused/alarmed. 🤣
Very odd.
It's weird how people become obsessed to the point of insanity.

I know a man who tells endless anecdotes about his friendship with David Bowie, apparently he was David's best friend since the early 70's. He has no photos of them together, but does have one photo where David is sitting in a pub with a half drunk pint glass of orange juice, and this man says that the orange juice was his, and he is just out of shot, which is proof they were inseparable buddies. I asked if he was friends with Iman, Alexandria or David's ex-wife and son, and he said he is close friends with all of them. Yet he was completely unaware of David's illness and was as shocked as the rest of us when his death was announced. I don't know what he gets out of it, everyone knows he almost certainly wasn't part of Bowie's friendship group, and I'm pretty sure he's just a superfan who has convinced himself he was BFF with Bowie. Of course now David has passed away, he can tell everyone and anyone about his famous best friend and there's no-one around to deny it.

I was only saying to my best friend Kylie the other day...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
It's weird how people become obsessed to the point of insanity.

I know a man who tells endless anecdotes about his friendship with David Bowie, apparently he was David's best friend since the early 70's. He has no photos of them together, but does have one photo where David is sitting in a pub with a half drunk pint glass of orange juice, and this man says that the orange juice was his, and he is just out of shot, which is proof they were inseparable buddies. I asked if he was friends with Iman, Alexandria or David's ex-wife and son, and he said he is close friends with all of them. Yet he was completely unaware of David's illness and was as shocked as the rest of us when his death was announced. I don't know what he gets out of it, everyone knows he almost certainly wasn't part of Bowie's friendship group, and I'm pretty sure he's just a superfan who has convinced himself he was BFF with Bowie. Of course now David has passed away, he can tell everyone and anyone about his famous best friend and there's no-one around to deny it.

I was only saying to my best friend Kylie the other day...

god I remember that Mike Read obsessed woman

and now he has become something of a joke because of that UKIP song

can you belive that song was ten years ago

could people like her and Guntrip not stop to think the people they like now have become reviled

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
god I remember that Mike Read obsessed woman

and now he has become something of a joke because of that UKIP song

can you belive that song was ten years ago

could people like her and Guntrip not stop to think the people they like now have become reviled
Ten years? TEN YEARS?!?!?!

Also Gordon, don’t ever mention yourself in the same paragraph as mad stalkers, your appreciation of telly shines through and man alive I’d love a pub quiz with you

Also:

I know this has been spoken about

But the word “hard-faced” was invented for this one.

Plus she looks like the type of person that would have a smelly bedroom… you know, hair products, old pants and Glade amongst the variety of aromas therein.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I think Michael Jackson super fans are the worst. I used to work with one. This was long before he died. I remember her coming up with some elaborate excuse as to why he’d waved the newborn Blanket over that hotel balcony and how he was the best father in the world. 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Ten years? TEN YEARS?!?!?!

Also Gordon, don’t ever mention yourself in the same paragraph as mad stalkers, your appreciation of telly shines through and man alive I’d love a pub quiz with you

Also:

I know this has been spoken about

But the word “hard-faced” was invented for this one.

Plus she looks like the type of person that would have a smelly bedroom… you know, hair products, old pants and Glade amongst the variety of aromas therein.
She is clearly not sorry! It wasn't one thing she said, she ranted a lot! Either explain why you think what you think or think it through before you go on a rant and then have to apologise for saying something you actually believe! She is hard faced, I agree! It's the Lawrence Fox ' I'm so stupid' defence when challenged.

Reactions: 9
I have never understood Bradley Cooper's appeal.

He looks like a lizard.
Me neither. Also Richard Armitage. My husband is sick of me saying how ordinary looking he is. I had heard people go on about him and thought he was going to be gorgeous. Turns out he's a poor man's Bradley Cooper! Both nothing special ( I'll get my coat...)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This will forever be my favourite super fan, especially the wheelie bin
That does it, I’m going to rekindle my Bay City Rollers obsession 40 years on, and I’m going to paint my car tartan and make my wheelie bin a tam o’shanter hat, tie a tartan scarf to my car aerial and change my phone ring tone to Shang-a-Lang. It has to be done. I’m not a fan of body ink so I’ll pass on having a tattoo.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Me neither. Also Richard Armitage. My husband is sick of me saying how ordinary looking he is. I had heard people go on about him and thought he was going to be gorgeous. Turns out he's a poor man's Bradley Cooper! Both nothing special ( I'll get my coat...)
I just had to Google him. I concur! Bland AF.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.