Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
I really don't know why that was, tbh and I am fully prepared to blame the teen magazines who seemed to have chosen her as the "nice" one, the girl-next-door if you want. Liz was also always on the good side but Jenny wad best and it was Natasha first and Jenny last and they seemed to just run with that. s the "bitchy" one if that makes sense? I quite distinctly remember one of those magazines running a poll which Atomic Kitten member people like and it was Natasha first and Jenny last and they seemed to just run with that. Whatever those opinions are based on, no idea.
Looking at Natasha, I'm much more ready to believe you and your friend rather than some discontinued 00's teen rag.
I don’t know when those polls were done but I can only guess that Jenny was last because she was the newest member. She replaced Kerry Katona who left (I think either because she was pregnant with her first child or it was not long after she married Brian). Maybe at the time the fans preferred Kerry and they disliked Jenny just for having the audacity of replacing her

Purely guessing on my part

Reactions: 6

Sour Pickle

Chatty Member
The wang looks bigger when the body is skinny too.
---
Is wang a word? I guess it is now
---
Ok here’s the ultimate test… you have to shag one. Smuggy Tennant or Daddy Nick Knowles

who are you choosing?
my best mate once decided to chat up Nick Knowles when she was hammered - she was about 28 at the time so would have still been too old for him. But based on that I’d have to go for Tennant. 😭

• Haha
  • Wow

KMAWeasel

Des, one of the few properly famous people from Northampton.
See also: Marc Warren, Matt Smith, Alan Carr. There are others who claim to be from here, but a lot of them are actually from Wellingborough and don't want to admit it. (Cough cough Thom Yorke)
As a Northamptonshire resident myself (used to live in Northampton and now live in a village near Wellingborough) I don't blame them for denying their Wellingborough heritage!
Don't forget Lesley Joseph, Jo Whiley and Michael Underwood!
Everyone tries to claim Sophie Turner and James Morrison too!

Britbloke

Whenever Des was flustered he would just look to the sky and pray for the floor to swallow him up. Des was a good sort, I loved his chat show
Des once had Robert Redford on.

Des: "I hear you own horses"
RR: "Er, yeah"
Des: "Here's me with one of mine"
[camera cuts to a still of Des with a nag]
RR: "Mmm" 😬

I didn't mind Des but it was an incredible bit of self-indulgence.

I watched that Stan Boardman episode when it was broadcast. I can still recall the uneasy laughter from the audience. Way too early for mainstream TV.

• Haha

Serene Serena

VIP Member
He was in the Full Monty years ago with Robert Carlyle and Tom Wilkinson tbf
He claimed the |Hollywood film was happening now though, in 2024. The last time he worked as an actor was in panto. I do feel sad when former stars fall on hard times, whether it's drink or drugs, or just being flat broke - or a combination of all three.

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
I disagree. Last I heard, he and his mega-rich band hadn't signed the Music Venue Trust's petition to say that huge arenas and stadiums should donate a tiny percentage of their profits to help grassroots venues - where he started out - to survive.
This surprises me as he has, from day one, given at least 10% of their earning to charities.

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Ok I'm impressed! I must have watched WW all seasons about 8 times. Beast show ever written.. what was she like? She seems like she'd be a riot 😆
not ripoaring hilarious but wasn't that kind of evening... certainly a lot of fun though. You can tell she's be a riot on a good night in the right company

• Heart

LByrne74

VIP Member
Remember a poster on here saying Melanie Sykes made Des life a misery on their show? Or did I just imagine that lol
I remember that as well. Although they seemed to be close in latter years. Probably cos they were no longer together every day and "familiarity breeds contempt" and all that. I can well believe she was a bit of a nightmare alright.

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Any time I see Lourdes Leon mentioned I remember a post on a German gossip board where someone said „she looks like she has a problem with body hair“.

(Nothing wrong with that. People can’t help it. But it was so accurate!)