Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lyra1970

At the funerals I’ve attended it’s always been the funeral directors that have carried the coffin so they would have been trained and have the necessary strength. I don’t think I’ve been to one where family have carried it.
I personally don’t like the trolley thing but I can understand it if the deceased was very large. I just think it looks more respectful when they are carried in on their final journey.
It’s strange where your strength comes from in these situations .
I carried my son along with family members. People tried to say I shouldn’t ( it will be too heavy as he was 15 and tall, it will be too upsetting etc etc.
However I wanted to do it , I carried that boy into the world and I’d be damned if I didn’t carry him out to his next soul journey.
It wasn’t a case of him being heavy but it’s nerve wracking , I was paranoid that I’d trip as I’m quite clumsy , but I didn’t and it’s a comfort that I was brave enough to do it x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 189

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
Any chance of dropping the funeral chat. I’ve just lost my dad and it’s triggering. I come on here for a bit of escapism and light relief.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 114

Scuttles

Stacey Solomon has started decorating her cottage for Christmas https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...tml?ito=native_share_article-nativemenubutton

Sorry if my opinion upsets anyone, but one of my pet peeves is people who put their Christmas decorations up ridiculously early, bang on about Christmas for all of November and December, then on Boxing Day say they're "bored" of the decorations and take them all down.

I mean, come on, I love Christmas as much as the next person but try and live in the moment and enjoy the festive period without over whelming yourself and others unnecessarily, it's just so...tacky.

Plus "Pickle Cottage" :sick:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 113

Mark81

VIP Member
If a good friend of mine died the last thing I'd be worried about is posting on social media or giving a crap what others thought. A joint statement from them also makes sense, they are/were a close group (at least from a professional pov).

To me that blind could be about anyone really. There were a lot of hit tv shows in the 90s, and many actors crossed over into film work. It was a bit of a golden age with american tv. Add in the potential exaggeration of blind like that, you could be looking at loads of possibilities.

• Heart
Reactions: 100

Emlou80

I was on deal or no deal (I had a pretty long run and did 23 shows before my own game). I’d heard lots of things about Noel prior to it and how he was a dick. He was lovely to me and a good laugh and got to know each other pretty well. He did get a bit shitty on the odd occasion but that was only when someone in the audience was messing about and spoiling someone’s game. There was loads of banter during filming and he was very good at what he did.

it’s nice to be able to say something positive about an old school celeb and not add him to the noncey list 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 83

Baobunbonanza

Carol Voderman’s bum reminds me of Kenny Everett’s skit on Rod Stewart singing “Do y’a think I’m sexy” (most tattlers will be too young to remember this)

• Haha
Reactions: 72

petitspois

VIP Member
Can I very politely suggest that various versions of ‘my name is a very unusual spelling of a usual name but with a c instead of a b’ etc…… is of interest only to the poster of said comment.

• Haha
Reactions: 71

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Anyone who shags Boris or Hancock must have really low standards.

That blind item, if it is about the Friends cast, then it's a bit distasteful given than Matthew only died a few days ago.
I don't get the outrage about the Friends cast's statement about his death, either, what more do people expect? They've lost a close friend, suddenly and unexpectedly.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

RinsedHoops

Chatty Member
I hate that keanu reeves is dating a perfectly attractive, successful woman, ten years his junior, yet the fact that she's chosen to embrace her natural grey hair and actually look like a 50 year old makes me think "isn't he great".
The bar is in hell.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

petitspois

VIP Member
I don't mind Carol Vorderman these days. I think she has a sense of humour, her kids have normal jobs and I like the way she's criticising the shit show of a government we have on Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Serene Serena

VIP Member
He’s been into alternative things like that for at least a couple of decades. He said he ‘cosmically ordered’ a show like Deal or No Deal when his career was floundering…and Deal or No Deal came along and was a huge success.
I've tried cosmically ordering and it doesn't work. I can't be doing it right. I ordered a life changing lottery win for me and my family and won a measly £4.70 on Euromillions, I've had to withdraw my offer on the £950,000 house I was intending to buy and I need to persuade my manager I was delirious with a fever when I told her to shove her job up her arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 58

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I randomly watched Countdown yesterday and Rachel Riley was mocking the contestant for her numbers choice as being safe. The contestant wants to win so obviously picks the easiest option. Just struck me Rachel wanted to prove how good at maths she is with a more difficult option which isn’t the reason she’s there
She’s not as clever as Carol Vorderman. Rachel has made a few mistakes when doing the maths calculations. She‘s also a massive bitch

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Ask any A&E nurse for anecdotal evidence of random things people shove up their arses and then have to have them surgically retrieved :D
My freind is a nurse in Sussex. A chap presented with a giant jar of pickles up his jacksy with the usual stupid story that he climbed through the pantry window when locked out & fell on it. Oh-kay.....The pickles proved very tricky to remove & when the surgeon finally got the jar out he said 'Bring out the Branston'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56