Secret Celebrity Gossip #140

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to ask you guys, who is/are the celebrity/s that you have a soft spot for? I'd say mine is probably Rylan. He seems like a nice enough guy. Could be a persona obviously, but hope it isn't.
Genuinely no one. I don’t trust a single one of the feckers anymore. Not even Kathy Burke. The amount of ego and self-obsession you generally need in order to be successful in Sleb Land rules the whole current lot of them out.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
RIP Sir Bobby Charlton.
I remember meeting him as a child when he came to a sports day event at my Dad's work. I didn't really know who he was but he was very nice.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Genuinely no one. I don’t trust a single one of the feckers anymore. Not even Kathy Burke. The amount of ego and self-obsession you generally need in order to be successful in Sleb Land rules the whole current lot of them out.
I’m inclined to agree! I’ve become very cynical!
I’m sure there are lots of good people who are celebs…. But I’d bet money they are heavily outnumbered. It seems like a corrupt, unfair industry that would bring the worst out in a saint.

i like Rylan too but I would never get obsessed or attached to a celebrity the way I’ve seen some people do… because you just never know?

for years I had a massive girl crush on Natalie Portman. She was gorgeous, starred in some of my fav movies and I loved that she got a degree and started her own production company. And then I found out she’d been a bit dodgy and started a relationship with her ex husband when he was living with someone else… and I kinda realised, duck it. None of these people are really worth looking up to, they are all deeply flawed.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I like a number of celebs and agree with the caveat of not getting too attached to them. But it's nice to see people we like and enjoy seeing too, such as the aforementioned Rylan, Lucy Worsley and Kathy Burke. I also like Noddy Holder and Liza Tarbuck, and I really like music celebs who I've been a fan of, who have then gone on to have other careers, such as Feargal Sharkey and Julian Cope.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The decent celebs are probably the ones who just get on with their jobs and don't draw too much attention to themselves outside of the public appearances necessary for work.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
The decent celebs are probably the ones who just get on with their jobs and don't draw too much attention to themselves outside of the public appearances necessary for work.
There's probably something to that, but I don't think it's necessarily mutually exclusive to get attention and be nice.

Reactions: 12
Lucy Worsleys quiz was quite good but her repetitive waving arm gestures drove me mad, such a distraction.
I do like Liza Tarbuck, she seems a right laugh..... waits for someone to prove otherwise, c'mon, you know you want to!

Reactions: 17
Nigel Slater
Bob Mortimer
Claudia Winkleman

All of them make me inexplicably happy when they’re on tv and for whom I have the softest of spots. The day I met Nigel and found out he was even better than I thought was bucket list stuff.

ill also watch anything with Steve Carell - he can do no wrong in my eyes

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Nigel Slater
Bob Mortimer
Claudia Winkleman

All of them make me inexplicably happy when they’re on tv and for whom I have the softest of spots. The day I met Nigel and found out he was even better than I thought was bucket list stuff.

ill also watch anything with Steve Carell - he can do no wrong in my eyes
Nigel slater I totally agree- just seems so calm and chilled with his fridge full of fancy leftovers (while the rest of us have a mouldy carrot and half a tub of cottage cheese) . Always watch his programmes.

Reactions: 24
I also have a soft spot for Princess Charlene of Monaco, Sara Cox, Kesha, Sophie Ellis Bexter, Tulisa, and Katy Perry.

Reactions: 13
Nigel slater I totally agree- just seems so calm and chilled with his fridge full of fancy leftovers (while the rest of us have a mouldy carrot and half a tub of cottage cheese) . Always watch his programmes.
OMG Nigel Slater is so affected.

Reactions: 16
Lucy Worsleys quiz was quite good but her repetitive waving arm gestures drove me mad, such a distraction.
I do like Liza Tarbuck, she seems a right laugh..... waits for someone to prove otherwise, c'mon, you know you want to!
I can’t like anyone who got their status through nepotism. It rules a lot out for me.

Reactions: 20
My soft spot is Michael Portillo. He's just so personable. Years ago he did a swap with a single parent. The mum went off to stay in a hotel while he took over the miniscule budget and care of her kids including a rebellious teen lad. Seeing him knuckle down, trying to stretch the money, cook for and counsel those kids made me think what a decent chap he is. I think he'd have made a decent Prime Minister.
---
I really like Liza Tarbuck too.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Kathy Burke turned out to be a huge disappointment. Yet another moronic forelock tugger to men pretending to be women. She’s a disgrace. To be honest I’ve never got the love for her. Although I always thought she was the natural choice to play Dolores Umbridge in the HP movies. She’s described in the books as looking like a toad.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

Agreed.

I love her history shows though, she's so into the subject that her enthusiasm draws you in. Especially when she gets dressed up like a servant and is having a gossip to the camera about what a bastard the king was. Tudor Tattle life :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.