Secret Celebrity Gossip #134

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As you were.
2EB23E70-31FD-484F-BB85-3088A5D708E6.jpeg

Apologies to anyone who doesn’t like George. ❤ If you want to nominate another thread Saint feel free.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 109
Thanks Dotty! Keanu is great thread Saint. ❤
Tis a shame we have so few to really rely on :(

Anyway, socks up, how about a giggle too, I went hunting for a brand is a bleep meme and discovered there is a website called cunto.org dedicated to the 'worlds worst cunts' no less. 😂 🤭

Unknown-2.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Just missed getting in before the thread locked.
As a woman just in my 30s it feels absolutely sickening to imagine looking at a 16 year old as anything other than a child! Predatory is the only description.

When I was a teen I really loved Brand & Fielding, they just seemed so cool (which was all I wanted to be), and to be honest if I'd got the slightest bit of attention at that time from either I'd have probably gotten into a dangerous situation too through sheer naivety and celebrity awe at that age.

As others have said, this feels like it might be the tip of the iceberg on famous men from this sort of time frame. The rise of social media and blogs gave so much info and access to famous people in spaces that were really common to teens, but in a time where there was no media literacy about what was good marketing vs reality. My parents weren't on social media before me to warn of the risks, there weren't documentaries about the mental health impact of social media, we were really navigating with ignorance as teens. We had stranger danger as a concept but without wanting to sound ridiculous, there's no way I'd have considered a celebrity a stranger! & if I did, I can't imagine thinking they were someone to be fearful of! We didn't know about Savile, we didn't have Me Too, so these things weren't being discussed like they are now - in fact they'd have been probably bolstered by seeing so many 'best kept secrets' among their peer group.

You didn't have to be at an industry event/performance/know someone in the right circles, you just needed an internet connection and you could see where some of these people hung out. It could feel like you "knew" them (obviously this parasocial thing is far worse in 2023). The sense of trust and safety this would have translated to is scary for me to think about looking back, but if you then add the vulnerability of age & power dynamics, celebrity pedestals and these disgusting and predatory men, you're suddenly in a dangerous situation that probably wouldn't have registered as being one to a 15 year old.

Also, the idea that he's changed his ways seems far less likely than what is publicly known: he is wealthier than before, increasingly litigious with a team already known to push lawyers and insinuate people speaking up are looking for cash, and he's been pushing cult-like us v them rhetoric which isolates people from seeking support from legitimate channels. It doesn't feel realistic to say it stopped in 2013 with what we know about the psychology of abusers.

I'm so glad the culture is shifting so future generations might not have to wait til they're so much older to speak out about vile creatures doing unacceptable things. Sending so much love to those that shared their experiences & those that aren't comfortable sharing or thinking about theirs (ours) ❤
I hope we get some better routes to justice because I feel so let down that there is so little support for so many victims.

• Heart
Reactions: 116
The support for him is sickening! Sarah Vine in the mail and an article on Facebook with thousands of comments saying this is to discredit him for his beliefs and spreading rhe word……….what planet do we live on!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
It’s bizarre isn’t it? The same people who were up in arms about Philth Schofield and Huw Edwards are defending him, and I can only assume it’s because he’s a white heterosexual man who was targeting women. White straight men have always ruled the world and though things are slowly changing, many of them still think they have the right to do as they like and see women as subordinates to them. Before anyone starts, I know they’re not all like that, but far too many are. See Andrew Tate, Lawrence Fox and others.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 88
IMG_2456.jpeg

I know Depp didn’t accuse Amber of rape but it still stands.
It’s such a double standard.
Going on social media this morning made me feel like it’s (another) terrible day to be a woman. And to be a supporter of women (the men speaking up and supporting us, I see you!). Hate this world sometimes.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 93
I mean Andrew tate has been bleeping charged with rape,trafficking and more and look at his adoration.

Does anyone have any Goss on Hugh J.did he cheat?

Reactions: 31
On Dom Joly’s post…people defending Brand and unfollowing Dom for defending Brand’s victims. Beggars belief
What sore of name is ‘Barnaby Pinny’? He’s ripe for trolling with a name like that. Bet he has a brother called Ptolemy or something like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Were all 4 (or was it 5?) woman on dispatches American? I didn't watch the doc as I felt it was a bit too dark for a sat night so thanks tattlers for the updates.

I just thinking... If they were all American then don't they have timescales for crimes. Meaning he has already got away with it criminally. Obviously we can hope the doc will end his career and public life which is clearly not enough but at least it's something.

Showbiz is a complete cesspit isn't it??

Reactions: 11
I’ve never been a fan of Brand but I think the documentary was swiftly edited prior to going out, it was shorter than advertised. He sounds like a predatory sleazy creep, using his fame to shag anyone he fancied - but did he do anything criminal? It’s like Schofield’s unwise but not illegal admission. Repulsive man. So sordid.

Reactions: 18
It’s bizarre isn’t it? The same people who were up in arms about Philth Schofield and Huw Edwards are defending him, and I can only assume it’s because he’s a white heterosexual man who was targeting women. White straight men have always ruled the world and though things are slowly changing, many of them still think they have the right to do as they like and see women as subordinates to them. Before anyone starts, I know they’re not all like that, but far too many are. See Andrew Tate, Lawrence Fox and others.
it is very strange to me to see that the main person saying those awful things about the women last night (shall not speak their name 🤣) was absolutely going IN on huw edwards by comparison.

i think you’re exactly right that, the fact that RB is a man targeting women, seems to cause such a different reaction from some members of the public and posters. even RB’s thread here seems to have a scattering of them, whereas you couldn’t say anything even vaguely understanding about the huw situation in particular. disheartening and bizarre….. but somehow not surprising.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The support for him is sickening! Sarah Vine in the mail and an article on Facebook with thousands of comments saying this is to discredit him for his beliefs and spreading rhe word……….what planet do we live on!
I'm going to have to step away from social media as all I see is why didn't they go to the police? Apparently this is MSM trying to cancel him. No this is a rapist and sexual abuser and yet again women aren't believed. I understand why they didn't go to the police.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.