Secret Celebrity Gossip #124

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg this exact story is family legend - my dad knew the custody Sgt who allegedly booked him at the time and told me the story in the 80s
Can’t abide the man, he really gives me the heebeejeebies. Which is unfortunate as my P-i-Ls are massive fans 🙄

Can’t wait until the real truth comes out.

Reactions: 10
It seems like an awful thing to say but Ariana Grande genuinely looks like when they plaster loads of makeup and a wig on someone who is in the throes of a terminal illness.

I hope she’s OK.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I loved the Little Drummer Girl. Both AD and Florence Pugh were excellent!! It had us griped to our seats. We need more programs like this on TV
I am a huge fan of Le Carre's books, but so much more detailed. Worth reading Frederick Forsyth's biog as tells the background to what was happening in his life and thus behind his books, thus proving he was a spook.

Reactions: 10
Absolutely devastated. I’m wearing my “Jane Birkin Jumper” today, which I’ve had since I was 17 when I saw her on a talk show the day before, passed Mark One the next day, saw the jumper hanging up, immediately bought it.
I’m sure hers didn’t come from Mark One, but still.
All joking aside though, this one’s clobbered me. She’s the reason I put absolutely all of my academic strength into learning French, and probably the reason why I look and dress.
Missing her so much already. X
need to see a pic of this jumper now because I’m intrigued 😅 MK one must’ve shut down about 20 years ago!

I always loved that Jane Birkin was pretty upfront about who she was.

I remember her giving an interview about a decade ago and of course she mentioned her love life and romances and she was super frank about being needy and insecure and needing validation from men. She recognised that it wasn’t great, but just kinda owned it. It was refreshing, her being so open and vulnerable about her weaknesses like that.

Reactions: 14
Has anyone seen that Amir Khan is looking to go into therapy because he can't stop texting other women behind his wife's back? And his wife is obviously blaming the other women and not her disgusting husband, who is trying to blame his infidelity on his mental health 😂 come on now Amir, behave yourself lad.
up there among the most dysfunctional couples/families in the U.K. id say

Reactions: 19
It seems like an awful thing to say but Ariana Grande genuinely looks like when they plaster loads of makeup and a wig on someone who is in the throes of a terminal illness.

I hope she’s OK.

She’s dyed her hair blonde for Wicked and her hair has been in rubbish shape for so long because she wore it in ponytails and had extensions. But she’s had a new face and lost so much more weight when she was already teeny.

Reactions: 13
Weird tea - the DJ at the recent Blur Wembley concert was Steve Davis - yes, the snooker champion one. Go to 2:12 for a bit of finger raving:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I’m in a Supernanny era.

She’s so common lmao. Constantly shouting the odds and using slang and mispronouncing words. I’m obsessed with her being judgmental and gurning at the camera in the bit at the beginning when she’s observing the family.

My absolute favourite is when the evil kids swear at her and give her what for.

Bring her back to TV!

ImperturbableAnchoredGodwit-max-1mb.gif

OilyNastyAustraliankestrel-max-1mb.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Might I also point you towards the "Daddy's Home" video? There was a tendency in the 70s and 80s to have ambiguous songs that turned out to be about young children (Gilbert O Sullivan - Clare, Brotherhood of Man - Save Your Kisses for Me, and this one, for example). Although being a hormonal and disturbed teen, I found him very attractive in this video. As I say, I did get over it.
I worshipped the ground Gilbert trod on as a kid and Clair was the first single I bought. 😄It would take a lot for me to believe he was a bad person. I've never had a bad feeling about him.
It was interesting to read about the history behind the Clair song....

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m in a Supernanny era.

She’s so common lmao. Constantly shouting the odds and using slang and mispronouncing words. I’m obsessed with her being judgmental and gurning at the camera in the bit at the beginning when she’s observing the family.

Bring her back to TV!

View attachment 2312425
I remember reading she's 53 now, and doesn't have any children...I wonder if she was put off by all the brats she dealt with! One of her nanny clients was John Lloyd, the television producer, I wonder if he helped her get into TV.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Weird tea - the DJ at the recent Blur Wembley concert was Steve Davis - yes, the snooker champion one. Go to 2:12 for a bit of finger raving:

I love Steve Davis! I met him once a few years ago in Sheffield. He was in town for the World Snooker Championships. My colleagues and I went to the pub after a work and he was in there with a woman having some food and a drink. They were going through some papers so I assume something to do with his work on the snooker coverage. Everyone was going up to him asking for a photo and/or an autograph but I was too shy. Especially because I felt bad that they kept interrupting him eating. A little while later, I needed the loo and had to walk past him. On the way back, I noticed he’d finished eating so with a few beers for Dutch courage in me, I asked him for a photo. He was so lovely about it and wasnt the least bit crappy to have yet another picture taken. I told him how much he looks like my uncle (it’s a running family joke) and showed him a picture. He agreed! 🤣 I love the photo of me and him 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Sort of latching on to the SuperNanny chat as it's from the same TV era;

Does anyone else remember 'Honey we're killing the kids' on BBC 3? I'd love an update on all those kids, just to see how accurate the aged up pictures were, and of course, which side of the coin did the kids grow up to be. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 24

I’m in a Supernanny era.

Bring her back to TV!

View attachment 2312425
Early 00s British TV was wild. Clips of TV shows like Britain's Fattest Families have made their way to TikTok and the host spent his time saying things like 'watch out, massive fatties, the lard police are in town'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Remember the phone in on Going Live when someone asked the question- why are you so bleeping crap! 😳🤣
Really REALLY shite weak tea but my ex husband went to school with the lad who called in.
The kids at school couldn’t stop laughing !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Sort of latching on to the SuperNanny chat as it's from the same TV era;

Does anyone else remember 'Honey we're killing the kids' on BBC 3? I'd love an update on all those kids, just to see how accurate the aged up pictures were, and of course, which side of the coin did the kids grow up to be. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah! They always made out that the kids would look like the lovechild of Shrek and Waynetta Slob by age 25 if they didn’t stop eating chicken nuggets at age 6 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yeah! They always made out that the kids would look like the lovechild of Shrek and Waynetta Slob by age 25 if they didn’t stop eating chicken nuggets at age 6 🙄
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Or darling little angels if they stopped watching TV so much!

As @MissHavisham said, it was a brutal time to be on a TV show!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.