Secret Celebrity Gossip #121

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Huw Edwards is taking a long time to deny it's him like so many others have done. He's probably forgot his social media password.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Here’s the obligatory George Michael picture to wish us good luck on the first page of the thread.

IMG_4691.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 183
Just following on from the last thread responding to @Sideboard Bob

If this is true, the BBC should have been clear with her and said, “the investigation will take X amount of time”. They should have made it clear whether or not they were going to keep her informed.

~~~
This isn’t directed at you Jrwen btw, it’s a separate point.

Usually when the press report on something potentially as big as this, it would only be at a certain point it hits the news.

• Claim made
  • investigations takes place
  • Police informed
  • person charged.
it’s usually only by the last point that the press say anything, Which makes me wonder why the Sun have jumped the gun, and reported on something so early on into the whole process.

I think it’s because they’ve been asked to create a big story to deflect from the Tory email scandal.
To me it sounds like the BBC didn’t take her seriously, perhaps because the Presenter is too valuable to them and that’s the reason they didn’t follow protocol.
For the police to get involved I‘d imagine the victim would also need to agree to speak with them. There could be many reasons he doesn’t want to, being on drugs he may feel he‘ll be blamed, or is worried the perpetrator will deny it happened in the way it did and turn it back on him and he’s clearly not in a good place. Or perhaps he didn’t want the money to stop, as without the money he can’t get his fix which to a drug addict would be unbearable. Clearly the mother is at her wits end and in her shoes I would probably do the same, especially if I couldn’t get my son to go to the police.

Reactions: 32
I wonder if or when the name will be released. Although most know, or think we know, who it is now anyway. Some people on Twitter who are saying how ridiculous it is that Huw Edwards is in the frame, are going to be shocked if it's confirmed it is actually him.

Reactions: 14
The BBC is bent - who knew 🤷🏻‍♀️
---
Talking to my mum on iMessage earlier about this - explaining how it could be anyone. I said “Everyones a suspect”, she replied “not me”. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
@TenerifeTigger

You were asking on the last thread about the Jonah Hill stuff. @Justhereforthedrama posted about it here, earlier today.

As for the BBC presenter stuff.

This could easily be a non-story, hyped up by the Sun, to deflect from the Tory email allegations.
I'd not heard about that new JH stuff, it doesn't surprise me in the least, I was talking about years ago I'd read that he treats women like dirt, is very arrogant and is not a nice person in general, when my son says watch The Wolf of Wall Street he's fantastic in that, I say no I'm not watching anything with that dick in it. 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

To me it sounds like the BBC didn’t take her seriously, perhaps because the Presenter is too valuable to them and that’s the reason they didn’t follow protocol.
For the police to get involved I‘d imagine the victim would also need to agree to speak with them. There could be many reasons he doesn’t want to, being on drugs he may feel he‘ll be blamed, or is worried the perpetrator will deny it happened in the way it did and turn it back on him and he’s clearly not in a good place. Or perhaps he didn’t want the money to stop, as without the money he can’t get his fix which to a drug addict would be unbearable. Clearly the mother is at her wits end and in her shoes I would probably do the same, especially if I couldn’t get my son to go to the police.
I think you’re bang on here. There’s the obvious illegality. But I think the mother went to The Sun, as s last resort. It’s a way to force BBC to actually respond or act. Especially because the mother has been quoted as saying, she doesn’t want money. She just wants her child to be left alone so they and the family can do what they can/need.

Reactions: 30
I’ve been thinking about the veracity of this story - especially after the sh1tshow after the George Osborne email, which people claim to be spurious (but probably is in-part true) - and I can’t get past the traction it’s getting if it weren’t true. There has to be something in it. I know Kevin O’Sullivan isn’t the most serious of journos (used to love his TV write-ups) but he values his rep.

As for MWT - for god’s sake. He did one good documentary (the Uk crime story one on Netflix). The way he commented on the Nicola Bulley case is shameful.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ll be more shocked if it isn’t HE now than how shocked I was when I found out it was him!

Reactions: 21
Its unlikely to be HE, he logged into twitter today and has been liking posts. I doubt he would be doing this if under investigation.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I looked on Reddit and found - https://redd.it/14ujm90 seems to be hinting at a certain Scottish Chef with Initials GR

Can't believe Richard Osman or Alexander Armstrong. They're both very clever men and would not be involved in such shenanigans. R5's Stephen Nolan. who if a controversial person,what he does is he goes off to Santa Monica in the US where he can live a very anonymous life - I think he's smart to do that. I'm not saying Stephen is up to anything criminal or wrong in SM - it's a safe space for him.

I think RO and AA would do something similar if they needed to get involved in shenanigans. Hence if it was either of them I would be stunned.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

That’s such a good point.

If what she’s saying is true, there are so many layers to it, that could make it a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

I think you’re bang on here. There’s the obvious illegality. But I think the mother went to The Sun, as s last resort. It’s a way to force BBC to actually respond or act. Especially because the mother has been quoted as saying, she doesn’t want money. She just wants her child to be left alone so they and the family can do what they can/need.
This has reminded me of something I was wondering about. Did the mother approach the Sun, or did they approach her?

If she approached them, it would show she was desperate and it was a last resort, like you said,

But if the Sun approached her, it shows that they’ve been looking for an ongoing investigation to report on, then contacted her to add more too their story.

Reactions: 22
Omg I turned my back for a few hours and there’s 2 new threads 😂. I just wanted to say from where I gave up trying to catch up in regards to people saying about men having testosterone and that’s why they do these things.

WHAT ABOUT WOMEN?! We have raging hormones that could make us kill people at times but you don’t see us breaking the law, in fact we get no allowances for our hormones and have to cover them up, if we do act slightly emotional or angry then we get sarcastic comments about being on our periods. Apologies but I’m not the biggest fan of men at the moment and especially not men who request inappropriate photos from minors for money.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 115
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.