Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
Linda E describing herself as “brutally disfigured” is a massive insult to all the people who have to live with genuine disfigurement. She just looks a bit jowly, like lots of women of her age do.

• Haha
Reactions: 51

carefulnow

From yesterday's Popbitch:
Blue have a new greatest hits album out next year. Which means that Blue greatest hits collections will soon outnumber their actual studio albums seven to five.​

• Haha

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
I’ve just seen these photos of Bobby Brazier, son of Jeff Brazier and the late Judy Goody and my god what an astonishingly looking young man! Unlike most of the other very ordinary looking so called ‘model’ children of celebs he’s the real deal IMO.

I’m glad Jeff kept the boys out of the limelight after Jade died. It means they lived a relatively normal life without the glare of the media following their every move.

It seems he was spotted as a model by someone from an agency rather than having it handed to him on a plate like other celeb children.

He actually looks like a model as with some celeb offspring you know there is no way they would have got a modelling job if it wasn’t for who their parents are

• Heart

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
On the topic of Cara. I remember being only about 6 and saying to my mum ‘how would you feel if I married a black man’ and she said ‘absolutely not! No way, you’re not allowed’ and even at that young age I was shocked and upset. I’m pleased to say she has caught up with the times and wouldn’t feel that way now. I would be devastated if someone tarred me with the brush of my mother let alone my grandparents who probably hadn’t ever even seen a black person being long dead and from small Irish and English towns, even at 6 I knew she was wrong. I’m very vocal too about my feelings in this and many other

Saying that firstly as someone drew our attention to in this thread ‘peg the patriarchy’ has been shamelessly stolen from a Canadian activist, that should be publicised more but it won’t be and secondly I don’t believe Cara truly cares about that message. She has benefitted massively from patriarchal society as her family are rich beyond their means due to the males of her lineage. She wanted column inches, front pages and fawning from her followers which she has received.

Thirdly I’m not a massive fan of the message either. To me it’s sexually violent and I feel too many people have been so affected by sexual violence I feel it has no place in activism. It’s crude at best and triggering at worst.

edit - sorry realise this is the celeb gossip forum! So I’ll get off my soap box

• Heart
Reactions: 50

olivia321

VIP Member
The BBC have got some audacity to do a Jimmy Savile drama program when they played their own part in keeping his abuse quiet but saying that they can give first hand account of how it played out considering they were involved, always the same people swimming in the same swamps.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
Jason from Five chatted up my friend in a club and asked to buy her a drink. She said yes and he bought her one with a pile of coins. He counted out his pennies right down to the exact amount and put them in stacks on the bar. She was mortified.

• Haha
  • Wow

Misbehaving

VIP Member
Mad as a box of frogs but definitely one of a kind, she is! As Peggy, she played out the pathos of the lovable wannabe Yellowcoat to a tee.
I've seen Su Pollard in Waitrose in Islington a few times. You can't miss her really can you!
She isn't intentionally loud but she has a powerful voice (great for an actor) and a very warm and vivacious personality.
She was obviously a regular because she was very chatty with the checkout staff and she stood out because of the way she dresses.
She's has a very colourful bohemian look mixed up with a kind of sports casual think brightly patterned leggings and tightly fitted tops and bomber jackets all a riot of colour and clashing prints and flowers in her hair (very peroxide blonde) and maybe a few hair clips or bangles on her wrists.
Anything goes with Su and I have to say she looked absolutely brilliant! She also has a fantastic figure slim and toned and willowy (she's quite tall) I mean you'd have to have a great figure to pull of that outfit! (it wasn't for the self conscious)! She gives the impression of someone totally at ease with herself who doesn't do things for effect but is just being her lovely zany exuberant self!.
Yeah I thought she was great (I was a fan as a kid ) she obviously loves life and creates a bit of cheer and happiness wherever she goes.
She's like a one woman party!

• Heart
  • Haha

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
Just got off the phone to my sister who was in London for the weekend with her boyfriend. She said they went out to eat in Hampstead (don't know if this was Saturday or Sunday) and they were two tables away from Helena Bonham Carter. My first thought was to ask if she looked a right state (as she normally does). Sister said she looked small and troll-like and as though she was wearing a table cloth pinned randomly to her. Lots of folds and asymmetric stuff going on, but that more importantly there was a dispute about a dog that her and her companion were initially stopped from bringing in and then after speaking to front of house staff were told that they could after all. Sister was angry about this as she is not good with dog friendly restaurants and having animals anywhere near food and this apparently was not supposed to be one.
She says she is pretty sure Helena Bonham Carter overheard her slagging her off for bringing the dog in and bypassing the restaurant policy. I think the words "fucking selfish idiot" might have been used. My sister is not one for caring who someone is and if they piss her off they piss her off. She once told Princess Anne to move out of the way of her front door.
Sister complained to staff about HBC's dog. They offered to move her and her boyfriend to another table and after my sister refused, HBC and companion/boyfriend were moved to a table closer to the back and the garden area instead. Sister also says the people who had been next to HBC thanked her and her boyfriend for complaining and that they had been thinking about doing it too.
Dog wars in Hampstead..... oh the drama.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Belleboo

VIP Member
I feel a bit sorry for Anais, she’s not ugly by any means it’s just she obviously doesn’t look like a model which I don’t think she is. I think she’s been asked to model the odd bit of clothes because of her name and she’s accepted cause it’s easy money of her own. She certainly seems the nicest and least problematic of the Gallagher children in the public eye considering her cousin is waiting to go to court for assault and racial abuse.

• Wow
Reactions: 46

FLINT ISLAND

Re Eamonn and Ruth: my daughter did some work experience on This Morning, on a Friday, and she said they were both absolutely lovely - spotted a new face on set and made a beeline to find out who she was/what she was doing, chatted with her about her future plans etc.

I like Eamonn and Ruth and I strongly dislike Smug Schofield.

• Heart

DeluxeTruffles

VIP Member
I seriously love the colour of Cyndi Laupers's hair at the VMAs. The beachy waves too. She looks great. I think she has had surgery (invasive or non invasive I don't know) but still looks fab.

d485-481e-9e02-90f174289928-gettyimages-1235222611.jpg

• Heart

Gingerlover

Makes me think of that American police officer who said: "We have a name for people that wont testify in their own defence. We call them inmates"

• Haha

AlanBanan

VIP Member
So after binge watching say yes to the dress Lancashire I have decided I have a massive crush on Gok Wan. Please tell me he is as lovely in real life?!?! He seems to genuinely love women and can dress the female form so well. Please please don't shatter my illusion.
One time I was smoking outside The George (gay club in Dublin) waiting in line to get in, and I seen him get out of a taxi and I said “omg is that Gok Wan” and he gave me the filthiest look and sneered at me. He was Dj’ing that night and he was absolutely shit

I actually have a Snapchat video of me screaming near the DJ booth “PLAY BETTER REMIXES YOURE FUCKING SHITE”

AE88305C-8565-4104-8FEF-53EF1180E6D3.jpeg

A still from the video 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45