Secret Celeb Gossip #54

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Rooney knows he’s never going to do any better than Colleen, Colleen loved him when he was a kid. She isn’t comparable to a fake blonde wannabe wag who will pop out a baby and do several magazine covers a year and when they inevitably break up, tell newspapers and magazines everything that went wrong and secrets about their relationship.

Colleen will clean up after each mess he’s made, tries her best to keep drama between her and her family without running off and telling friends and newspapers, she also manages money well. I think if Wayne didn’t have Colleen he would’ve blown through the lot already.
Although I agree with most of this, Rooney was scouted at a very young age and was predicted stardom from around the age of 12. So, I do think Colleen (and her family) realised he was going to be a big footballer and was perhaps worth hanging onto....

Reactions: 14
Although I agree with most of this, Rooney was scouted at a very young age and was predicted stardom from around the age of 12. So, I do think Colleen (and her family) realised he was going to be a big footballer and was perhaps worth hanging onto....
I don’t think a 12-13 year old child has the mental capability of concocting such a plan.

I think she fell in love young and can’t move on as he’s been her life for two decades.

Reactions: 40
Focusing on sport also means your education must suffer. Alot of young men left on the scrap heap when all the eggs were put in the potential to make it big on the pitch.

Reactions: 15
I agree. That's why I think Naked attraction is pure male voyeurism. How attractive is a penis? Not very! Who wants to look at that and decide on a mate?
I posted this on a previous thread - it was about Anna Richardson from Naked Attraction, and her splitting up from Sue Perkins, getting a new partner etc…My view on all genitalia!!!
If I had her job I wouldn’t want to see anybody’s genitals every again, male or female. 🤮 I have only every seen snatches (see what I did there?) on Gogglebox but that was enough for me. Looking at people’s bits in isolation from the rest of them makes you realise how ridiculous we all are. We are just bits of meat with dangly bits and holes.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I think Wayne and Colleen are perhaps just as bad as each other. One has to question why she has stuck around for so long and the only thing I can think of is the promise of luxury which I certainly don’t blame her for but is it worth her dignity?

As far as I know they were childhood sweethearts - and that makes me more sympathetic to Colleen tbf. In that regard she's just as responsible for Wayne's success and she deserves to enjoy the fruits of her relationship. She could just take him to the cleaners and leave but again I'm choosing to believe that she wants to provide a family unit for the kids.

Maybe I'm wrong but I've always thought Colleen got the short end of the stick on this one.

Reactions: 15
4 olympics in a tough sport. I'm not british but you have to laud the dedication and hard work that got him to this point.
Came as a shock/surprise to me as I thought he'd packed it all in for the L.A. lifestyle. Well done, Tom and Matty!

Came as a shock/surprise to me as I thought he'd packed it all in for the L.A. lifestyle. Well done, Tom and Matty!
Hubs is an Olympic nut. (he was watching it before work). It was pretty impressive but even the dives judges say are crap to me are amazing.
I'd barely manage a head over heels at the mo!!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hubs is an Olympic nut. (he was watching it before work). It was pretty impressive but even the dives judges say are crap to me are amazing.
I'd barely manage a head over heels at the mo!!
I’d struggle to do a convincing belly flop tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’d struggle to do a convincing belly flop tbh
You couldn't even get me to climb up to the platform to make an attempt :ROFLMAO:

My friend was a bank manager in a very wealthy area where lots of footballers live.
Years ago, he told me once about a young lad aged 18-19 who was coming to open his first ever bank account and he couldn’t read or write but was a great footballer who had £25k a week wage and didn’t know what he was supposed to do.
IMO the clubs have a moral obligation to look after these boys regarding money, social media etc not just football.
It’s no surprise so many end up skint
Back in the mid 00s, my friend worked at a major bank and had been dealing with a Newcastle footballer who was always injured but on big money. He was spending absolutely ridiculous amounts on gambling and watches. Like £25k on a watch. Mind-boggling. I suppose as he was always injured, that's all he could think of to do 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 17
I used to be friends with a girl that dated a lower league footballer and that was a big issue for them - the boredom. They genuinely had nothing to do after practice. Only so much golf you can play I guess.

I remember watching lots of You Tube clips of a Swedish film Alexander Skarsgard was in, which had lots of nudity and made it very obvious that he was very *blessed* in that department.

When I think of all the time I’ve wasted doing stuff like that, it suddenly becomes clear why my life is such a mess. 🤔

*swoons* Aleksander Skarsgard…. Now there’s someone I would.
Rumoured to be gay, a shame for me but I can still dream 😴

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Footballers today have much better support - they have the Professional Footballers Association which covers all sorts of issues like mental health etc.

I think boredom is a big factor. A lot of the more forward thinking ones know it is a short career in terms of playing, and look beyond that to see what else they can do post playing, whether that is coaching, managing, punditry etc. Or they invest their money wisely. Gambling is a big issue for a lot of them, as well as alcohol. A lot of footballers are not particularly bright, but earn silly money, and you can see why it goes pear shaped for them. Gazza is the ultimate pin up boy of how to duck up. He is more known for his alcoholic relapses than his football prowess these days, which is a shame. George Best too, his career was shortened by his behaviour off field. There are lots of sharks and hangers on who are all too happy to divest them of their money.

Rooney is listed here as a big gambler.

Huge sums of £

Micheal Owen didn’t have a bank account until he was 38

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I used to be friends with a girl that dated a lower league footballer and that was a big issue for them - the boredom. They genuinely had nothing to do after practice. Only so much golf you can play I guess.
Yep, I know someone who split up with her lower league boyfriend because he was never off his bloody XBox. He also had massive gambling debts racked up from earlier in his career. He was on about £4k a week, still a massive amount of money for us normal folk.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Micheal Owen sounds like the type of partner you’d have to raise alongside the children. His mum has a lot of answer for 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.