SCREW - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was looking forward to it but the reviews haven't been great....I will still watch when I have time.

Watching now, on episode 3. I feel like it’s not sure whether it’s a drama or a comedy and doesn’t hit right. There’s also a lot of storylines going on; in episode 3 we have the new grad starting, Gill smuggling drugs, Henry and her birth certificate, the other prison guard and his money troubles (sorry can’t remember his name) plus issues with the inmates.

Edit; the lad who plays Cameron Joyce… what’s he been in before? He looks so familiar!

Edit 2; he was in TIME!!!! The Sean Bean prison drama last year. Poor bloke still in prison; got hooked on spice with Sean Bean but at least he’s converted to Islam now! 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I was looking forward to it but the reviews haven't been great....I will still watch when I have time.
I think there's been alot of mixed reviews, it's defo not like Wentworth!!!
You should give it ago. I know some folks have enjoyed it!

Reactions: 2
I think there's been alot of mixed reviews, it's defo not like Wentworth!!!
You should give it ago. I know some folks have enjoyed it!
I really want to watch wentworth, never heard a bad thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Barely made it through the first episode, then thought I’d start the second but turned it off. Agree with @nurseren it doesn’t seem to know whether it’s a drama or not.

Reactions: 1
I was quite excited as I really enjoyed TIME, and I quite like prison dramas. This feels a bit like shameless? It’s an easy watch but the only thing I’m getting frustrated by is all the new characters and names. TIME had lots of characters but focused on a core few, I wish screw did the same.

Time was excellent. Sean Bean played the part so well. ....and of course the always brilliant Stephen Graham was excellent too. Sorry for going a bit off topic .

Reactions: 3
I was quite excited as I really enjoyed TIME, and I quite like prison dramas. This feels a bit like shameless? It’s an easy watch but the only thing I’m getting frustrated by is all the new characters and names. TIME had lots of characters but focused on a core few, I wish screw did the same.
And Time was really good!

Barely made it through the first episode, then thought I’d start the second but turned it off. Agree with @nurseren it doesn’t seem to know whether it’s a drama or not.
I’ve got it on in the background while I’m on my switch and my phone. Probably doesn’t help why I can’t follow the multiple characters… ha!

The one character I really like is the blonde female prison guard. Not sure if it’s the actress or the writing but she is the only one coming across as realistic.

Time was excellent. Sean Bean played the part so well. ....and of course the always brilliant Stephen Graham was excellent too. Sorry for going a bit off topic .
Time was bloody fantastic. The whole funeral scene and the eulogy was incredibly acting, writing and pacing.

Last edited:
My user name is a character from Wentworth.... ❤ ....if you like prison dramas you will love it ❤
Is it on Netflix or any catch up?

I love how we attempted a thread of Screw and instead we are talking about better dramas 🤣

• Haha
Is it on Netflix or any catch up?

I love how we attempted a thread of Screw and instead we are talking about better dramas 🤣
I'm not sure if it is on Netflix or similar.... I watched on 5star. It may be available on the channel 5 catch up service

end of episode 3 redeems itself somewhat, probably again because of the actors. The Muslim guard talks Cameron Joyce from committing a terror attack and hurting himself, and it’s really moving. The guards then have a chat about them saving lives everyday and never get a thank you, which I think needs to be addressed. Prison guards have a really difficult and thankless job, and especially during COVID. They had to rehabilitate, keep prisoners safe and keep everywhere covid free. Everyone comes together, prisoners and guards, for a minutes silence for Joyce’s daughter who passed away at a few days old. The silence and the camerawork is done so well, it’s a shame that couldn’t maintain this level of drama throughout the series.

I'm not sure if it is on Netflix or similar.... I watched on 5star. It may be available on the channel 5 catch up service
ill pop 5* on my fire stick!

Reactions: 4
It's not really a gritty drama imo, kinda lost interest after the frog. I was like really!!!!!

Actually I don't know :ROFLMAO: Maybe I presumed it would be!!!!
i think you could be right, because I can hardly see it advertised as a comedy! I’m on episode 4 (just finished) and it’s a definitely 5/10.