Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bingewatcher92

I don’t read at all.. But I'm so obsessed about all this i cant stop.. She is David Miscavviage’ niece so i know i will love it!

I’m going to message Leah loads until she agrees to come over here & then onto Belfast with our help 🤣

Watch The Witnesses on Hayu too... I can’t work out what is worse, Jehovahs or Scientologists! How either of then are recognised as Actual “religions” not crazy cults i really do not know!
Just signed up to 1 month free to watch the witnesses! Honestly I don’t understand how all these ‘religions’ get away with it all!!!!

Reactions: 1

strange addiction

Ooooh this is going to be my new aim of 2020.. Get Leah Remini over to the UK to investigate what its like here! I wonder if its as violent & money gaining here....

You never know Dalty.. We could be having a twitter argument in a few weeks where i have converted 😂😂😂😂

I have just downloaded Jenna Miscavige Hills book.. I never read but i have read so many conspiracy theory books & Scientology ones! Its my thang!
I'd love leah to come over. She'd eat n shit UK scientologists 😂😂 if you convert I promise to try to find you and bring you back to your senses!!

Oh I rarely read but I'll look into that 1!

• Haha

mickeycat

Chatty Member
Has anyone got recommendations of what documentaries to watch and where I can watch Leah Remini's show in the UK please?

I've seen the Louis documentary and own some books on my Kindle including Leah's and Jenna's and I think a few by Marty Rathburn but I haven't read them yet.

This is an interesting idea - why would they employ people to do that?
The Leah Remini series is on Amazon Prime. There are 3 seasons and I'm about halfway through the first one. I had to pay £8.99 (SD) for the first season but figure I've not got much else entertainment to spend my money on right now!

ColaMonster

I used to go to secondary school with a kid who’s parents were in Scientology.

Last I heard, they had moved to East Grinstead.

silkytoes

Has anyone got recommendations of what documentaries to watch and where I can watch Leah Remini's show in the UK please?

I've seen the Louis documentary and own some books on my Kindle including Leah's and Jenna's and I think a few by Marty Rathburn but I haven't read them yet.

I think we also have to be mindful that there will be 'disinfo agents' operating - speaking out against Scientology but secretly working for them. I can't name anyone who I suspect of doing that; but it's always a possibility.
This is an interesting idea - why would they employ people to do that?

strange addiction

I didn’t realise there was a book!
Ooooh that’s cool! Haha. I’ve always wondered what it’s like over here, Is it as dramatic and glamourised as it is in America?
I didnt realise there was a book either! Altho I'm not much of a reader.
I know their church in belfast was just an office in great victoria street, they told me there was people 'studying' when I was in but I didnt see anyone. It was not very fancy at all!

strange addiction

@PenelopePitstop here you go!

I know! I remember hearing the podcast thinking 'WHAT BELFAST!?!' lol!! Seen you post previously about the Green Pastures Chruch *cough*commune*cough that's another weird one!
Oh them boys up in Ballymena are full scale cult for sure! The the wrights guy was a bit cunty (and funding the cult) I felt so sorry for his dad tho you could see he didnt want wrights going under

• Heart

Bingewatcher92

I'm not sure if there is a difference between UK and USA scientology. I dont know why their base in N.Ireland shut down (I mean its probably cus they couldn't recruit) I dont know who 'runs' the UK of scientology.

Theres an early (2012 I think) about scientology and you see mike rinder in it while he was still miscavige right hand man, then watch all the aftermath stuff with mike having left it. I'm completely obsessed with it all and theres going to be no more aftermath shows either!
I think I’ve seen those documentaries to. Oh noooo why not more aftermath shows? 😔

strange addiction

I think L Ron only made it up to make money... I highly doubt he believed any of it as he was a very well educated man.

But Miscavviage on the other hand loves the power he gets from it... I dont even know if its about the money for him (clearly to a certain extent) but it think he likes being Hitler.. I was shocked the amount of abuse even his close crew members get..

Im going to make my fiance come with me to Saint Hill Manor this weekend to have a nose... Apparently its just had a $16 million renovation! And its now more of a museum! It has this on it Wiki page "Following the completion of the renovations, the Church of Scientology purchased seven brand new 29-seater ADL Enviro200 midibuses to transport the 400 staff members between the manor and the town of Crowborough, fourteen miles away"

Lets get in contact with Leah Remini to investigate in the UK and we can help her ! Haha!
Miscavige has definitely got that Hitler vibe going on. I've tried to reach leah before, id love her to do something in the uk but we are probably very small fish n those running it over here wouldnt be as hateful as miscavige, I dont think they'd be as abusive altho I could be very wrong with that!
Let us all know what your visit is like! If we dont hear from you we will assume you've been kidnapped and indoctrinated 😂😂

Mag83

Excellent work! I didnt know any of this and of course some law from here fucks everything up 🙄😂

Like never ever would I think miscavige would have a lawyer in belfast especially when theres no 'church' here anymore
I know! I remember hearing the podcast thinking 'WHAT BELFAST!?!' lol!! Seen you post previously about the Green Pastures Chruch *cough*commune*cough that's another weird one!

bunnyboo

VIP Member
I know of someone who got hooked in from being offered a "free" personality test ... the recruiters had set up in an open-air mall and seemed really lovely - friendly, ordinary people. From there, the questionnaire left more questions than answers so they went along to an information evening which then led to making a donation for all of these people's help up to that point, and to enroll in a program where they could find out more about what makes them tick. Long story short, the courses were never-ending, as were the requests for donations and before they knew it they were taking out loans just to pay for everything. They were encouraged to drop their friends as they weren't enlightened beings (or whatever the heck they refer to normal people as), their family, even their job. They found it very hard to escape from it and it just about ruined their life. This person is an intelligent, normal person.
Ugh yes, the good old disconnection policy where you must cut off contact from so-called 'Suppressive Persons' (friends and family members who are skeptical of the Church's teachings). Breaking up families is disgusting, and Scientology do it consistently.

I am in no doubt that this person was intelligent and normal. They were a victim of the horrific manipulation and exploitive tactics of Scientology. Often when I'm speaking to people who lost someone to scientology, there's a feeling of anger and blame.. ie. "how could they be so stupid!?". To this, I find it helpful to compare Scientology to an abusive relationship. Plenty of people find themselves trapped with an abusive partner and they're so broken by said relationship that they justify the abuse they endure. We don't condemn people who are in these relationships and victim blame, we offer support and help. (I'm not saying that this was your attitude btw! I'm just writing this to remind others about how dangerous these cults can be).

Bingewatcher92

I think the Masterson verdict along with Leah Remini’s lawsuit will see the beginning of the end for Scientology. This verdict has shown that they are not untouchable.
I am so happy that Leah Remini and Mike Rinder have relaunched their podcast (albeit via Youtube)
Agreed. Although sad news about Mike tinder (oesophagus cancer).
The Masterson case has been horrific but fascinating how Scientology thought they could get him out of it so easily. Thank god for his sentence.

Skyeraye

3 seasons of scientology the aftermath. Then louis theroux has one and then theres another called scientology going clear. (I'd recommend the 2 documentaries n then the aftermath shows)
What channels are these on 😅 that’s my weekend planned then! ❤

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Oh thank you @Dalty for bringing me over! Was about to start one 😊

I’ve read going clear twice and watched the programme. I also work near the Tottenham Court Road branch of dianetics...although not at the mo as we’re working from home 😂

Bingewatcher92

Oh thank you @Dalty for bringing me over! Was about to start one 😊

I’ve read going clear twice and watched the programme. I also work near the Tottenham Court Road branch of dianetics...although not at the mo as we’re working from home 😂
I didn’t realise there was a book!
Ooooh that’s cool! Haha. I’ve always wondered what it’s like over here, Is it as dramatic and glamourised as it is in America?