Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mag83

I'm not sure if there is a difference between UK and USA scientology. I dont know why their base in N.Ireland shut down (I mean its probably cus they couldn't recruit) I dont know who 'runs' the UK of scientology.

Theres an early (2012 I think) about scientology and you see mike rinder in it while he was still miscavige right hand man, then watch all the aftermath stuff with mike having left it. I'm completely obsessed with it all and theres going to be no more aftermath shows either!
I'm fascinated by it all! I listened to a few Louis Theroux podcasts and he mentioned in one that he received a letter from David Miscavage's personal lawyer who is based in Belfast. Due to a libel loophole in NI, he can stop certain Scientology shows going out on UK TV due to a defamation clause (though he wasn't able to stop the Louis doc going out as he had expert solicitors who made sure everything was carefully worded). I did a bit of google research on it as I'm local in NI and David is linked to two separate solicitors in Belfast.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...el-laws-in-bid-to-ban-dads-book-34675807.html

Going to hazard a guess someone at each law firm either know's they're getting a big payday from Miscavage or they're in the cult themselves...found myself googling the lawyers at the firms and trying to figure out which one of them is the big Scientologist who hasn't a bit of sense between the ears!lol

• Wow
Reactions: 5

IngressUK

VIP Member
Scientology is nothing more than a glorified money making cult.

Luckily it has been banned in many countries.

No proper religion should have membership fees or require their followers to cough up large sums, in order to be able to 'follow the faith'. Nor would they follow and h

How on earth the likes of Tom Cruise and John Travolta got mixed up with these bunch on loonies really baffles me.

I once had someone try and thrust a Scientology flyer in my face outside the UK HQ in London.

They were told in no uncertain terms to shove the propaganda relating to their cult, somewhere where the sun doesn't shine.

Blurp

VIP Member
Leah and Mike have a weekly podcast called Scientology: Fair Game. I listen to it through Stitcher but you should be able to get it on most podcast apps.

They get guests on, many of them have already been on the Aftermath TV series but they can talk in a lot more depth in an hour for one person.

Marc Headley's book Blown for Good: Behind the Iron Curtain of Scientology is very good reading too.

Lola1988

I'd love to go in to one of their buildings but would be scared of getting kidnapped šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ I mean, ok Ron Hubbard made the whole thing up and admitted there was no money in writing science fiction but theres money in religion (evidently!!) But miscavige took it to a whole other level. Hubbard might have been bat shit crazy but miscavige is cruel, nasty and violent. I've ran out of scientology things to watch. I rewatched all the aftermath programmes.

Weve a church in a town outside of belfast called green pastures, it's basically an extreme 'Christian' cult (personally I believe all religions are cults) but green pastures has been built in a real deprived area and millions has been pumped in to it.

Some people are just a bit mental šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I think L Ron only made it up to make money... I highly doubt he believed any of it as he was a very well educated man.

But Miscavviage on the other hand loves the power he gets from it... I dont even know if its about the money for him (clearly to a certain extent) but it think he likes being Hitler.. I was shocked the amount of abuse even his close crew members get..

Im going to make my fiance come with me to Saint Hill Manor this weekend to have a nose... Apparently its just had a $16 million renovation! And its now more of a museum! It has this on it Wiki page "Following the completion of the renovations, the Church of Scientology purchased seven brand new 29-seater ADL Enviro200 midibuses to transport the 400 staff members between the manor and the town of Crowborough, fourteen miles away"

Lets get in contact with Leah Remini to investigate in the UK and we can help her ! Haha!

• Haha
Reactions: 4

bubbletea123

VIP Member
What are the main differences between it in American and UK?
I need more documentaryā€™s to watch but I think Iā€™ve watched them all!
Whats the deal with miscaviges wife?
I have soooooo many questions!!! Itā€™s honestly the biggest cultout there.
I would totally wanna go to saint manor but equally be scared they would latch on to me lol
I feel like his wife is dead. Anyone else? She hasn't been seen for years. I have a book called Beyond Belief by Miscavage's niece that I need to watch. I wouldn't be surprised if scientology keep an eye on threads like this too.

Lola1988

OMG Dalty! No way! I have too int he passed & closed my twitter down in the end as i was terrified of being fair gamed Haha!

I am so intrigued about what makes them so blind to the money... What is with all the empty buildings in Clearwater? And the IRS?
Imagine HMRC here- they would have a proper battle on their hands if they tried to get tax immunity here!

Apparently there is a home near me that was formally L Ron Hubbards holiday home. Saint Manor i think its called. And you can go & visit... i really really want to go but i'm also a bit scared they might start following me! Although i live a fairly mundane life full of sins!!

1001 others

VIP Member
Iā€™ve read both Leah remi and jenna miscavages books and I can honestly see why it took so long for them to get out. Itā€™s not a case of simply getting up and leaving. It took jenna years and years! Even when she knew things were wrong. And even when she decided to leave things were made so difficult for her. If he has Shelly in the mountains somewhere hidden away she doesnā€™t stand a chance of getting away from him and it.
They have a real knack for making the followers feel well and truly trapped - especially if they've cut off contact with former friends and family ... the Scientologists will have them feeling like their way of life is the only option. This is true with other religions also - look up 'Gloriavale' if you want to go down another rabbit hole.

I think we also have to be mindful that there will be 'disinfo agents' operating - speaking out against Scientology but secretly working for them. I can't name anyone who I suspect of doing that; but it's always a possibility.

Lola1988

I feel like his wife is dead. Anyone else? She hasn't been seen for years. I have a book called Beyond Belief by Miscavage's niece that I need to watch. I wouldn't be surprised if scientology keep an eye on threads like this too.
I was just driving home thinking oh christ there is going to be mike rinder like people on my doorstep waiting for me šŸ¤£
Yes i have just started her book!

I reckon Shelly is alive but locked up in that mountain dungeon.. The Hole i think they called it? He prob pops in to bash her up & have a quickie then leaves her for months again!

Whats so weird His dad Ron left & has spoken out against him... So how can that be passed of as bull as well as the other 1000s of people?

• Haha

smg658

I did the personality test on the site for a laugh, lots of really strange questions. I used an old email address that I rarely use, waiting to get bombarded with nonsense from them šŸ˜‚

• Haha

Black.bird

VIP Member
I used to work with a lady who belonged to one of these new-age churches - not Scientology, but just as ... "involved".

It seemed to effect every part of her life - even if we were out having drinks and a meal, she'd be cautious about spending money that was intended for the church. Every weekend she was there - all weekend - her whole life was controlled by them. She ended up leaving our company to go and work in the church full-time which didn't come as a surprise.

I used to visit Auckland (NZ) occasionally for work and you'd see these lovely-looking young people (very healthy-looking - model types, but very friendly) offering a "free" personality test. They always seemed to have takers, which was a bit of a worry! People are strangely gullible.

This site gives some insight into their beliefs and practices. Operation Clambake

This link here gives you an idea of what they are taught as 'gospel'. Worth a look, it's hilariously bad science fiction.
The Xenu Legend
How any grown adult can fall for the above story truly baffles me.

A lot of the survivors talk about systemic sexual abuse of children.
L Ron Hubbard was a drug addled pervert and a conman. The present leader David Miscavige is also named as a paedophile by survivors.
Miscavige is not a paedophile. He's an evil, money-grubbing, ruthless, physically abusive, imprisoning bastard, but he's not a paedophile. Hubbard, on the other hand... he once wrote about how seven-year-old girls should not have any issue with being passionately kissed by older men, and he also said that anyone who has a problem with child abuse is covering up for the fact that they were probably an abuser themselves in a past life.

There's enough stuff you can say about how evil Miscavige is without calling him a paedophile. For example, when one of his right-hand men turned on him, he made him live in a bamboo cage by a swamp for more than a year; Miscavige would regularly visit the swamp, make this man stand to attention, and then punch him in the stomach.

I was just driving home thinking oh christ there is going to be mike rinder like people on my doorstep waiting for me šŸ¤£
Yes i have just started her book!

I reckon Shelly is alive but locked up in that mountain dungeon.. The Hole i think they called it? He prob pops in to bash her up & have a quickie then leaves her for months again!

Whats so weird His dad Ron left & has spoken out against him... So how can that be passed of as bull as well as the other 1000s of people?
Shelly is alive, by all accounts, and a prisoner in the mountains, but she's not in The Hole. The Hole was an office-turned-prison at Scientology's HQ in California where Miscavige had scores of Scientology executives locked up for, in some cases, several years. They slept on the floor in there, had meals (usually slop) delivered to them, and had to literally beat confessions of 'crimes' against Scientology out of each other.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
I think the Masterson verdict along with Leah Reminiā€™s lawsuit will see the beginning of the end for Scientology. This verdict has shown that they are not untouchable.
I am so happy that Leah Remini and Mike Rinder have relaunched their podcast (albeit via Youtube)

strange addiction

Can anyone recommended any good docs to watch about all this Iā€™m so interested šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
3 seasons of scientology the aftermath. Then louis theroux has one and then theres another called scientology going clear. (I'd recommend the 2 documentaries n then the aftermath shows)

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Cheezychips

Chatty Member
Has anyone been keeping up with the streamers protesting for the past few months?
---
Has anyone been watching the protests on Tik Tok? Theyā€™ve basically shut one of the recruiting centres down.
But everything is so creepy - they hide things in plain sight like a tutoring academy for children that indoctrinates them.
Just seen this after I commented the same, I've been watching every night (despite it being in the middle of the night here in the UK). I have had issues on a personal level with Scientology so I'm thoroughly enjoying watching the locations being protested.

La Poubelle can't sustain this much longer, surely? And I know the test centre in hollywood is due to reopen soon, but they'll be right back outside the minute it happens. The protest of the new Ideal Org in Texas was fantastic, one of the protesters has an incredibly loud voice and was shouting over the top of Miscavidge speech.
---
I think the Masterson verdict along with Leah Reminiā€™s lawsuit will see the beginning of the end for Scientology. This verdict has shown that they are not untouchable.
I am so happy that Leah Remini and Mike Rinder have relaunched their podcast (albeit via Youtube)
They've finally managed to service Miscavidge after months and months of trying. I hope this brings an onslaught of lawsuits from people who've been harmed.

Last edited:

Lola1988

I'd love leah to come over. She'd eat n shit UK scientologists šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ if you convert I promise to try to find you and bring you back to your senses!!

Oh I rarely read but I'll look into that 1!
I donā€™t read at all.. But I'm so obsessed about all this i cant stop.. She is David Miscavviageā€™ niece so i know i will love it!

Iā€™m going to message Leah loads until she agrees to come over here & then onto Belfast with our help šŸ¤£

Watch The Witnesses on Hayu too... I canā€™t work out what is worse, Jehovahs or Scientologists! How either of then are recognised as Actual ā€œreligionsā€ not crazy cults i really do not know!

CatCafe234

VIP Member
How on earth the likes of Tom Cruise and John Travolta got mixed up with these bunch on loonies really baffles me.
Iā€™d imagine itā€™s partly that people get involved when theyā€™re relatively unknown and then once they get famous the Church has so much dirt on them that itā€™s impossible for them to disentangle themselves without risking everything. I did also once read an article somewhere that one of the reasons celebrities like Scientology is that, unlike most religions that say weā€™re all equal, Scientology teaches very clearly that there are different levels of human achievement and some people are most definitely ā€˜betterā€™ than others. That (and the ego massage that goes with it) appeals to a lot of celebrities. The ā€˜celebrityā€™ experience in Scientology is generally very different from that of ordinary people, someone like Tom Cruise isnā€™t cleaning toilets and working for nothing, heā€™s literally treated like a God. So when celebrities cone out in support of Scientology itā€™s probably part fear, part ego and a big dollop of not really experiencing the worst of the organisation.