Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sickofinstacrap

WOW!!!! She needs better people around her because she's doing so much damage to herself that one day will backfire on her. If I had someone as massive as that in my friends or family I would have a word with them for their own good and help them get fitter, slimmer and healthier.
I’d say good riddance to you if you were in my friendship group! She might absolutely love eating what she wants and feel confident at a bigger size. She might go into a dark room and cry for a few days over then pics. She might be battling with her image every day, I’ve been her size, I’m now nearly 5 stone lighter, when you’re that size you’re very much away what size you are, you don’t need friends or family to tell you how big you are to make you feel even worse

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 33

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
I’d say good riddance to you if you were in my friendship group! She might absolutely love eating what she wants and feel confident at a bigger size. She might go into a dark room and cry for a few days over then pics. She might be battling with her image every day, I’ve been her size, I’m now nearly 5 stone lighter, when you’re that size you’re very much away what size you are, you don’t need friends or family to tell you how big you are to make you feel even worse
100% this.

Someone else's weight is absolutely NONE of anyone's business and coming at it from the "health concern" angle is just so fucking disingenuous because what it actually means is "Christ, you've let yourself go/you're an embarrassment/I don't want to be seen with you"

My boyfriend's parents are going the shaming route with him. It doesn't work. Makes him eat more. In fact, his father said something so rude to him last time he saw him, it left me genuinely open mouthed in horror. My parents have never said anything about my weight (that I can remember) but I tell you something, if my mum had ever said anything like that to me, I'd have slapped her face (and I have never done that as I'm a bit scared of her 😂) and you know what? She would absolutely know she deserved it.

Well done on your weight loss. I understand the struggle. 48 years of hiding food, eating in secret, binging, compulsive overeating and food addiction ending with a severe depression to the point of being bedridden for two years and thinking of taking my own life because of my weight. Add in multiple sclerosis for 21 of those 48 years just for good measure. I've been a size 10 up to probably a size 32/34 (I stopped buying clothes so I don't know for sure) and everything in between.

But I think I finally have it cracked this time - I've lost just over eight stone in four and a half years. All by myself. I still have a little way to go but I've broken the back of it. I do gentle yoga now daily - I am committed to my practise even on my shittest days. I still battle those food demons every day though.

So, for someone people, it's not as easy as just "eat less and move more" and, to be honest, anyone who says that is a fucking ignorant dick.

By the way, I've never commented on Scarlett before - I have no interest in her - but when I saw her name on the front page, I knew it would be about that Daily Mail photographs.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

House of Tea

VIP Member
The Mail hates women.she looks anything but chic but they put that so that people pile on her in the comments. When I go on holiday I angst about my lumpy bits, although less so as I get older. Imagine having some ghoul taking photos of you so that you can be held up to ridicule. It’s fucking hateful.

Reactions: 28

Sickofinstacrap

If you bring up things with them then there is no reason to feel guilty if they end up in a bad way down the line because of poor lifestyle choices. But if you don't at least bring it up to them I would feel guilty. It's so easy to lose weight that you can do it by being a slob who doesn't exercises and just sits all day watching TV. It's not difficult to avoid or cut down on things like alcohol, chips and desserts and eat more salads.
That’s abit ignorant, sugar addiction and binge eating is a real addiction. And it’s certainly not easy to lose weight. Most obese people battle with this their whole life and even if they lose the weight they have to really work on their mindset to stay slim. A lot of the time genetically their more likely to be fat, adding that to a food addiction and struggling with body imagine it’s is definitely not ‘so easy to lose weight’.
That’s the last I’ll say on it I don’t want to derail the thread but as someone with actual experience of battling food addiction and being obese I feel like I can get Scarlet in terms of her weight and I know I would cut off any friend of family if they ever felt the need to comment of my weight being slim or fat it’s no one’s business but mine

• Heart
Reactions: 27

StrawberrySeed

VIP Member
Didn’t like her at all on Gogglebox and was amazed she was classed as a ‘celebrity’ for IAC never mind win it. Clearly she was flavour of the month with And &Dec for a while too as she did After Camp and Takeaway but wonder why she got dropped.
Never really been a fan but quite liked that programme last year she and her family did, when they built their house in Africa and they lived next to the locals.
She was dropped because she, allegedly, had an affair with Ant. It was discussed on one of the Celebrity Secret Gossip threads a while ago.

• Wow
Reactions: 25

Rose28454

VIP Member

WOW!!!! She needs better people around her because she's doing so much damage to herself that one day will backfire on her. If I had someone as massive as that in my friends or family I would have a word with them for their own good and help them get fitter, slimmer and healthier.
That’s not a very nice thing to say ! Her weight is her business not anybody else’s

• Heart
Reactions: 23

House of Tea

VIP Member
But if you didn't do anything as a friend to try and help someone obese that you care about, would you feel guilty from doing nothing at all to get them healthier if down the line they had a heart attack or announced they had diabetes or heart disease or high cholesterol?
No, I would consider them an adult who didn’t need me to tell them what is patently obvious. I would support them if they decided to make healthy choices but not stick my neb in otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

LaraQ

VIP Member
If you bring up things with them then there is no reason to feel guilty if they end up in a bad way down the line because of poor lifestyle choices. But if you don't at least bring it up to them I would feel guilty. It's so easy to lose weight that you can do it by being a slob who doesn't exercises and just sits all day watching TV. It's not difficult to avoid or cut down on things like alcohol, chips and desserts and eat more salads.
This is such bullshit.Weight has more to do with genes than "being a slob who doesn't exercise".Why do you think there are people who can eat whatever they want and they never put on any weight? .There are also lots of reasons people are overweight,yes some eat excessively, but there are also reasons for that too.Food addiction is as real as drug or alcohol addiction.Your attitude sucks.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member

A second story in a matter of hours to get herself in the press. Her agent is working overtime to get their client publicity.
Haha I was speaking to him on Tinder about the same time they got together 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

House of Tea

VIP Member
With views like that I wouldn’t want you “suggesting” and “mentioning” poor lifestyle choices. It is none of your judgy business.

• Heart

Lico

Chatty Member
She's always really irritated me. It was utterly ridiculous when she was given that job on Saturday Night Takeaway as right from the get go she obviously couldn't handle it. So embarrassing for all invovled.
She's a complete spoofer. Landed on her feet though. Wouldn't work on batteries. I can't stand these talentless, brainless feckers, that seem to make a fortune, while most of us have to work hard to pay the bills.

• Haha
  • Heart

Chateau Marmont

She's always really irritated me. It was utterly ridiculous when she was given that job on Saturday Night Takeaway as right from the get go she obviously couldn't handle it. So embarrassing for all invovled.

Reactions: 18

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I thought she was ok until that thing with the skirt from the boutique - she said she would tag them etc on IG if they sent her a free skirt but she didn’t. They called her out on it and she didn’t deal with it well imo. Made me think it had all gone to her head a bit

• Heart
Reactions: 18

liar liar

VIP Member
She was dropped because she, allegedly, had an affair with Ant. It was discussed on one of the Celebrity Secret Gossip threads a while ago.
She suffers from ITVitis where they put a new find on practically everything and they are over-exposed and then hated on. If she was clever she could actually have a real out of the media with her b/f, have kids and a career maybe preparing future z-lebs. She's not stupid.

Reactions: 17