Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Have any of you guys seen the show ‘From’ ? It seems to have gone under the radar a bit as it’s on a US channel called Epix. I just binged watched the first season. It’s kind of a cross between lost and walking dead but I would highly recommend!! Some good scary moments too. It’s also been renewed for a second season!

DrLoomis

I was posting about The Exorcist in the Horror Movies thread and I remember this scene really made me jump when I saw it, it still does even though I know it's coming ....

The Exorcist is up there as one of my favourites. My Gran had some sort of bootleg VHS that came from the states, and she never let me watch it, despite letting me see all sorts of other horror films. I was about 12 when she and my Grandad went to a wedding and my cousins were looking after me and we watched it and scared the hell out of ourselves. I didn't see it again until "The Version You've Never Seen" was released and I saw it in the cinema. There was a stage production of it toured a few years back as well. That was astounding. Can't wait for the new one.

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Is anyone off to see the new Scream tomorrow? I love the franchise so I'm really excited to go see it at the weekend. It's not exactly scary but love it anyway and can't wait to see the next installment.
Looking forward to Scream but I can’t see it for a while so I’m desperately avoiding spoilers, threads and articles/comments about it. Hope you enjoy!

Wynonna

Chatty Member
Pin Cushion (2017) - not necessarily scary, but i's one of those films that leave you feeling a bit disturbed

jenh526

The Exorcist is up there as one of my favourites. My Gran had some sort of bootleg VHS that came from the states, and she never let me watch it, despite letting me see all sorts of other horror films. I was about 12 when she and my Grandad went to a wedding and my cousins were looking after me and we watched it and scared the hell out of ourselves. I didn't see it again until "The Version You've Never Seen" was released and I saw it in the cinema. There was a stage production of it toured a few years back as well. That was astounding. Can't wait for the new one.
This is the only movie that ever legit scared me. Still does. Maybe because I was raised Catholic, not sure. The only other one I can think of is Burnt Offerings. Karen Black’s face scared me.

HockyRorror

VIP Member
An article about The Strange Thing About The Johnson’s came up on my Facebook last night. I’ve read about it but definitely can’t bring myself to watch it after reading the reviews
I watched this yesterday upon this recommendation after seeing it was 30 minutes…it didn’t engage me tbh. There was one part that was (I think) unintentionally funny that I burst out laughing in hysterics at.

ChloeBee

I think a lot of episodes of Luther actually have nightmare fuel material in them:-

The guy slithering out from under the bed
The same guy hiding up the loft and floor boards all creaking
The entire Spring Heel Jack episodes were pretty creepy. That mask 😭

The absolute worst from the most recent series: the guy on the night bus.

FUCK ME 😭🤮
The guy in the mask knocking on doors for me. Im so wary of answering the door now!!