Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think at the end of the day FS will get hate no matter how it goes down. Her life as she knew it is ruined, she will always be seen as being partly to blame (and rightly so imo) for her daughter’s death. We can empathise with her if we look at the whole picture with an open mind but not everyone is capable of that. As her mother, she will always face her share of the blame.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Star looked identical to FS as a baby - saw a photo on an old FS FB profile. Extremely pretty.

Reactions: 8
I think that’s unlikely. Jealousy is a human emotion but anyone who can harm a baby is depraved and seriously messed up in the head.

I think Star’s short haircut suited her nicely but SB had no right to get it done - more stamping all over boundaries and making decisions that weren’t her’s to make.
completely agree, no one but a parent should get a child’s hair cut, unless they have permission from the parent

Reactions: 12
Personally I think FS is benefiting from everyone’s empathy on here perhaps more than she deserves. She’s definitely a victim herself and she didn’t deserve what SB did to her (nobody does) but now everything she did/didn’t do is seen through the lense of her being a victim of DV and she’s given the benefit of the doubt. Maybe some things she did do because of the horrible abuse, maybe other times it was because she’s a complete twit herself. It’s really hard to separate the two.

Saying she didn’t know what the head dunking thing was about and that she didn’t bite Star’s finger both seem like complete lies, and anyone with the slightest bit of sense (unlike SB) would say “yeah, that was cruel, I shouldn’t have done it” about video footage of them abusing a child if they were in court and trying to get away lightly, regardless of if that’s how they felt.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Personally I think FS is benefiting from everyone’s empathy on here perhaps more than she deserves. She’s definitely a victim herself and she didn’t deserve what SB did to her (nobody does) but now everything she did/didn’t do is seen through the lense of her being a victim of DV and she’s given the benefit of the doubt. Maybe some things she did do because of the horrible abuse, maybe other times it was because she’s a complete twit herself. It’s really hard to separate the two.

Saying she didn’t know what the head dunking thing was about and that she didn’t bite Star’s finger both seem like complete lies, and anyone with the slightest bit of sense (unlike SB) would say “yeah, that was cruel, I shouldn’t have done it” about video footage of them abusing a child if they were in court and trying to get away lightly, regardless of if that’s how they felt.
100% agree on this. While I can empathise to an extent, there’s a lot of speculation going on about why things happened and we have to remember that it is all just speculation. Nobody really knows why they did these things.

• Heart
KG is deffo going for the causing the death angle - there’s no denying that FS should have dropped everything to get Star seen to when she noticed the bruising.

Reactions: 6

She’s not benefiting from anything here, she’s in prison. She doesn’t even know we exist.

Also, nobody is denying she’s a twit and a completely incompetent mother.

Reactions: 16

I do agree she’s lying about the head dunking & finger biting. I don’t see why holly would lie about the biting & it’s very commonly known a lot of parents bite their kids when they bite them, it’s suggested by the older generation all the time. The head dunking I think she’s lying by her reply to the texts.

Reactions: 7
Yes, at one point during the court evidence it did occur to me that Star was sleeping at an awful lot of different houses / places, so that Frankie could go out. This isn’t a stable existence for a child even without the abuse from SB at a f* recycling plant.

My little girl who’s nearly 2 would not accept me giving her to several different people to look after overnight. She wouldn’t be at all happy and wouldn’t settle. She is ok sleeping at her dad’s overnight once a week so that she can spend time with him but even then she’s asking to go back to mummy at some points. It’s very problematic for children who don’t have secure attachments with a primary caregiver and causes issues for them as they grow up :(

This is the problem with young people having babies in their teens. I know it's not all of them, some cope very well and sacrifice a lot but the majority still want to go out, go on holidays and live like their mates who don't have kids.

It just seems to be an accepted and 'done' thing that some young girls are only encouraged to have children from leaving school. Rather than travelling/a career and children after a few life experiences etc.

Sorry...went OT slightly! :)

Reactions: 3

I agree, FS on the stand yesterday was really interesting and she's evading a lot of questions and in my opinion downright lying. But I came on here yesterday expecting a good discussion instead it was all villifying KG... FS isn't some sort of hero here people seem to think she is

Is it even possible for a baby to sleep standing up? Or anyone, actually?

How do you sleep standing up?

Reactions: 6
Chances are, she didn’t want to eat because she had a big infected hole in her mouth, and didn’t want to lie down because her leg and ribs hurt… poor little darling

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I had never even considered the fact that she didn’t want to sleep lying down because her ribs were broken and she was in pain. Horrific.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I had never even considered the fact that she didn’t want to sleep lying down because her ribs were broken and she was in pain. Horrific.
I really don’t understand how nobody noticed there was something seriously wrong. She would have been in extreme pain for weeks. Fractured leg, fractured ribs, fractured skull like ‘crazy paving’

she would have been concussed. She would have suffered so much 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I really don’t understand how nobody noticed there was something seriously wrong. She would have been in extreme pain for weeks. Fractured leg, fractured ribs, fractured skull like ‘crazy paving’

she would have been concussed. She would have suffered so much 😢
this is exactly why I’m on the fence with FS. I accept that she was abused and can see how it contributed to her failings, but she did fail her child on so many levels.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.