Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way I see it, the death of Star is the real sentence, hence thinking the jail sentence should be fairly low, based on what we know so far. The law of causing or allowing is there for a reason - parents have a duty to protect their child’s life. F did fail to do that - she had suspicions and she still let SB in her flat. We can’t, as a society, turn a blind eye to that failure to protect, however tragic the parents story is.
You word things way better than me 🤣
I think you need to go into law (if you’re not already) it literally flows with your writing. Very talented and a hard thing to do.

Reactions: 8
We really don’t know that Star’s death will be the ‘real sentence’ for FS - it would traumatise most normal, caring and empathetic mothers, but who knows how much FS cares? I’m not saying she didn’t care at all, and obviously there were various factors that probably impacted how she bonded with Star, but by most accounts she didn’t sound all that arsed about her.

• Heart
We really don’t know that Star’s death will be the ‘real sentence’ for FS - it would traumatise most normal, caring and empathetic mothers, but who knows how much FS cares? I’m not saying she didn’t care at all, and obviously there were various factors that probably impacted how she bonded with Star, but by most accounts she didn’t sound all that arsed about her.
I read that her cell walls are covered with photos of Star. She’s said herself that she loved her and she was all she had. During Star’s life, she often put her own needs before Star’s but I would imagine that having had her daughter die and having spent a year in prison with all that time to reflect, that she cares deeply and feels utter anguish for her child.

Reactions: 23
Hi everyone, just catching up from today.

I saw something about Frankie being ‘rough with a big mouth’ on one of the posts. Has there been anything to suggest this? Even her family said she was quite mild, still playing with dolls at 15, didn’t really go out, not really got into fights etc. I feel like if that’s come about someone is making assumptions from her family background and where she’s from?

KG’s line of questioning has really confused me. I feel as if she’s really incriminating SB, but honestly SB threw her under the bus a bit so who knows.

I can’t believe one of Brockhills family members had the cheek to walk out crying today of all days rather than when the CCTV of the attack was shown. I really hope it’s because they realise SB is fucked and Frankie isn’t defending her.

Reactions: 19
Around here (W Yorks) everyone will tell you how scary it is driving around Bradford. With people like SB behind the wheel i'm surprised there aren't more accidents.
Yes! It’s awful and there seems to be serious accidents so regularly.
Keighley has a really high crime rate and is classed as one of the most dangerous places in West Yorkshire.

• Wow
Reactions: 5

I saw something about Frankie being ‘rough with a big mouth’ on one of the posts. Has there been anything to suggest this? Even her family said she was quite mild, still playing with dolls at 15, didn’t really go out, not really got into fights etc. I feel like if that’s come about someone is making assumptions from her family background and where she’s from?

KG’s line of questioning has really confused me. I feel as if she’s really incriminating SB, but honestly SB threw her under the bus a bit so who knows.

I can’t believe one of Brockhills family members had the cheek to walk out crying today of all days rather than when the CCTV of the attack was shown. I really hope it’s because they realise SB is fucked and Frankie isn’t defending her.
she went out a lot, we know that. but lots of people do and are not "rough". I don't think she was the big mouth sort at all, probably quite passive and low self-confidence

Reactions: 10
Ahh, she was doing so well, I really hoped she'd be honest about the biting, even if she said I'd of rather of done it myself than savanna, it was in the moment sort of thing. Not condoning biting her child at all, but I'd respect her more for telling the truth. She wouldn't be the first adult to 'bite their kid for biting' I can't count the amount of times I was told that when my toddler went through a biting stage.
An old friend of mine bit her daughter back when she bit her - just a tiny nip - to let her know what she was doing hurt when she bit - and she was startled but never bit anyone again. I do not think Star meant to bite Holly that day, however, so if she nipped her back it was definitely inappropriate. FS saying SB bit her puts all of Star’s bruises and self-harming in a new light. I was recently reading about the professional fighters that bite (ie: Mike Tyson, etc.) and there is more or less a profile for them. I think abusers that bite are on a whole different level. My masseuse told me her estranged mother bit her 7 year old on the shoulder when he stayed the night with her - I was stunned. Another time she said a “babysitter” burned her brother’s feet in scalding water - I’ve drawn my own conclusions about who that babysitter was! Some are sadists that are willing to take things up a notch if they think they can get away with it. Others are people with poor emotional regulation and poor impulse control - and some abusers are a combination of both. This group of abusers are more dangerous, as they fantasize about their deeds, plot them out, and need not be enraged to do these despicable acts. Anger may add fuel to the fire but they are going to abuse without it too. I believe SB is of this group, that she premeditated many of these acts, kept Star for days so could cover them up, did many of them in an isolated area without witnesses, and encouraged FS to go out and party it up. She was likely new to abusing a child (I’m thinking she just graduated from abusing dogs) and realized it made her a horrid, evil person- thus, the shame & guilt. She also began setting FS up by getting her to join in on some of it when buzzed up, and began recording her. She didn’t want to stop & needed to implicate FS. Others were making accusations and she needed to have a scapegoat. She’d do stuff, then google to make sure she hadn’t gone too far - consciousness of guilt. This gave a bigger rush than abusing FS alone - such forbidden acts, how very taboo to hurt a baby - I’m sure her state of arousal was over the top when she had Star alone. Highly addictive, this, the escalation. She desired to inflict pain, she craved that rush. She enjoyed inflicting injuries to that baby and then harboring this horrible secret, gloating that she could control and abuse them both. It was just a matter of time before it got out of hand and serious injuries ensued.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

I think they mean rough as in common which she probably is, nothing wrong with that. As for big mouth, we don’t know they are just guessing, according to her family she isn’t but even mild mannered people can get gobby when drunk 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
someone on a fb group posted a video on YouTube of sb driving talking about als, she’s driving and arm are all over. So it really believable she’s backhanding people while driving.

Reactions: 12
I think they mean rough as in common which she probably is, nothing wrong with that. As for big mouth, we don’t know they are just guessing, according to her family she isn’t but even mild mannered people can get gobby when drunk 🤷‍♀️
Very true. Alcohol changes many people. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being common at all. I’m also from West Yorkshire and I feel a lot of people out of the area have that view about a lot of the people here. Very unnecessary comment to make 🤷🏻‍♀️

someone on a fb group posted a video on YouTube of sb driving talking about als, she’s driving and arm are all over. So it really believable she’s backhanding people while driving.
I saw someone mention this on the Shine Bright Star group! It’s a very good point. Looked at that ALS video just under a week ago. It’s a good point

Reactions: 7
Where can I find this video please? Curious about the driving and arm waving

Reactions: 1
Maybe just maybe fs wasn’t slow , just let down by parents and educators and this year in prisons has given her some education and self confidence, so she now feel braver to take the stand and defend herself .
I think good old indignation, disgust and anger at the realization someone duped you and took what you loved most would be sufficient to give you a voice.

Reactions: 9
the only thing i feel sorry for frankie about is having Savannah tattooed on her arm, constant reminder of what that trollop did to her baby

Reactions: 14
the only thing i feel sorry for frankie about is having Savannah tattooed on her arm, constant reminder of what that trollop did to her baby
Yes, I was thinking about that. Yikes. Not like she’ll have had access to laser removal anytime recently. Maybe get a prison tattoo over it? 😫

The video! She barely touches the wheel! And she is driving quite fast through parts of it judging by how quickly things disappear from view through the window. She sounds unhinged to me in this video.

Reactions: 17
Urgh the videos of SB, how she was in court, makes my skin crawl, she's a narcissistic pos, I honestly don't think either will get guilty for murder as there's no evidence to say for definite who inflicted Stars fatal injuries, and I don't think they will get manslaughter either for the same reason, it will be allowing the death of a child, which is so wrong, SB may have more charges as they have the cctv from the plant, but I hope word gets back to jail and they get dealt with, just like Liam who killed 1 day old Luna did!

Reactions: 6
An old friend of mine bit her daughter back when she bit her - just a tiny nip - to let her know what she was doing hurt when she bit - and she was startled but never bit anyone again. I do not think Star meant to bite Holly that day, however, so if she nipped her back it was definitely inappropriate. FS saying SB bit her puts all of Star’s bruises and self-harming in a new light. I was recently reading about the professional fighters that bite (ie: Mike Tyson, etc.) and there is more or less a profile for them. I think abusers that bite are on a whole different level. My masseuse told me her estranged mother bit her 7 year old on the shoulder when he stayed the night with her - I was stunned. Another time she said a “babysitter” burned her brother’s feet in scalding water - I’ve drawn my own conclusions about who that babysitter was! Some are sadists that are willing to take things up a notch if they think they can get away with it. Others are people with poor emotional regulation and poor impulse control - and some abusers are a combination of both. This group of abusers are more dangerous, as they fantasize about their deeds, plot them out, and need not be enraged to do these despicable acts. Anger may add fuel to the fire but they are going to abuse without it too. I believe SB is of this group, that she premeditated many of these acts, kept Star for days so could cover them up, did many of them in an isolated area without witnesses, and encouraged FS to go out and party it up. She was likely new to abusing a child (I’m thinking she just graduated from abusing dogs) and realized it made her a horrid, evil person- thus, the shame & guilt. She also began setting FS up by getting her to join in on some of it when buzzed up, and began recording her. She didn’t want to stop & needed to implicate FS. Others were making accusations and she needed to have a scapegoat. She’d do stuff, then google to make sure she hadn’t gone too far - consciousness of guilt. This gave a bigger rush than abusing FS alone - such forbidden acts, how very taboo to hurt a baby - I’m sure her state of arousal was over the top when she had Star alone. Highly addictive, this, the escalation. She desired to inflict pain, she craved that rush. She enjoyed inflicting injuries to that baby and then harboring this horrible secret, gloating that she could control and abuse them both. It was just a matter of time before it got out of hand and serious injuries ensued.
Brilliantly worded post and I think you've absolutely hit the nail on the head with SB.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.